Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Burning Crusade Classic Prepatch Highlights

Burning Crusade Classic Prepatch Highlights
    The Burning Crusade Classic prepatch is live today, and so we thought we would highlight the most noteworthy things that come with it!

• Alliance players will be able to level Draenei characters, including the addition of Shaman.
    • Horde players will be able to level Blood Elf characters, including the addition of Paladins.
    • The Talent Trees will be changed and the additional talent rows will be added.
    • The Jewelcrafting profession will be added.
    • Experience gained from quests will be increased, along with a reduction in the experience needed to level to 60.
    • Your first mount is now purchasable at level 30, and mount costs and training are noticeably lower.
    • New questing hub in Dustwallow Marsh to smooth out the leveling experience a bit.
    • PvP Honor currency will be implemented and is used to prichase PvP gear.
    • Arena Skirmishes will be available, allowing you to practice arena before creating a team when ranked comes in TBC Classic.

All current Classic characters will be snapshotted from the moment the servers go down. Upon logging in, players will need to make a choice as to whether or not to keep each of their characters on Classic servers or progress them into The Burning Crusade. There is also an option to clone your characters between both versions of the game for $15 per character. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the choices available to you.

Burning Crusade Classic is free to anyone with a current WoW subscription. Players can also purchase the optional digital deluxe edition for more goodies, along with a one-time level 58 character boost to jump right through the Dark Portal on June 1st.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Are you prepared? World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™ launches on June 1, and the pre-expansion patch arrives on May 18. As with WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic will be included with every WoW players’ subscription at no additional cost.

For those who haven't played WoW Classic recently, or if you're looking to enhance your experience, we have a host of special items just for you.

Starting on May 18, after the weekly scheduled realm maintenance, everyone who wants to prepare early to join the adventure when Outland opens on June 1 will have the option to purchase the Dark Portal Pass, allowing them to boost one character of their choosing on a Burning Crusade Classic realm to level 58 (limit one per World of Warcraft account; not usable on blood elf or draenei characters). The boosted character will receive:

• Apprentice Riding skill
    • Race-specific mount
    • Weapon skills up to level 58
    • Access to certain flight paths
    • A set of level 58 magic (green) quality gear
    • Up to four Runecloth Bags (14 slots each)
    • A little bit of gold to start their journey

Intrepid explorers looking to further enhance their Burning Crusade Classic experience can purchase the optional Deluxe Edition. This edition includes all the items from the Dark Portal Pass​, featuring:

• The Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount, a creature that draws on the otherworldly energies that transformed Draenor into Outland, for use only in Burning Crusade Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
    • The Viridian Phase-Hunter mount, a variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
    • A Dark Portal Hearthstone for use in Burning Crusade Classic, providing a unique visual effect inspired by the gateway between worlds
    • The Path of Illidan toy for Burning Crusade Classic, which causes your character’s footsteps to leave flickering fel fire in their wake for a short time
    • The Dark Portal Pass, which boosts one character to level 58 (same restrictions as standalone Dark Portal Pass apply; upgrading from the Dark Portal Pass to the Deluxe Edition does not grant a second boost.)
    • 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic, Burning Crusade Classic, and the modern game

For more information on World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic, visit the official site.
    Last edited by Stoy; 2021-05-18 at 11:23 AM.

I still remember when this content was new. TBC was lit.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Play a Shaman on this day.
    Gear up with items, designed by an intern that played and plays a BM Hunter to this day.

Great.. so where are the prepatch notes? Like what got buffed/nerfed etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    YAY....Lets play BC again.....and again....and again....Because Blizzard is unable to deliver something new and original....YAY!!
    Don’t forget the “new” old toys you get for purchasing the deluxe rosy glasses edition!

Blizzard seems like it’s been afraid to do anything but milk the cow for a very long time now. They’re like the Hollywood movies of games. Let’s make a re-re-re-make of our best hits. And if that fails, just
    put the same contents in a different package.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Burning Crusade was awesome, 15 years ago. Why are they bringing it back, again almost two decades later?

How bout use those developers and create an awesome new expansion, that isn't Shittylands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Burning Crusade was awesome, 15 years ago. Why are they bringing it back, again almost two decades later?

How bout use those developers and create an awesome new expansion, that isn't Shittylands.
    because it cost a fuck ton less dev time to re-release something on an updated engine that was also built for the same game.

Also because there are players (like me) who would go back and re-play classic/classic tbc vs playing shadowlands bfa and the like.

Since retail WoW is bad, let's play WoW that is slower, uglier, clumsier and less balanced than now. TBC was amazing in its own time, now it'll just be the same mess vanilla was - degenerate gameplay of today will chew it up and spit it out, leaving people to constantly whine for more and faster phases. In before people start pressuring Blizzard to release WotLK classic.

Oh for fucks sake guys, don't play TBC if you don't like it. I won't either.
    But why cry about it on the forums, that's completely pointless...

Some people enjoy playing an old expansion, what's the big deal?

Why doesn't anything make me happy > -mmo-c

Could they not have just pushed the Hurricane video.

That's about 1000% better than what they put out.

this should be the front page off mmo champ. CMON!

YAY....Lets play BC again.....and again....and again....Because Blizzard is unable to deliver something new and original....YAY!!
    why bother doing that when this is what people want?

Why are people complaining about TBC and old content? Blizzard clearly knows that people are interested and they're making money out of it. Blame the nostalgic people, not Blizzard. Wouldn't you resell your old clothes/car at the same price, if someone was ready to spend the money? Blizzard people are smarter than us, don't act as if they were "out of touch" because they clearly are extremely aware about players' needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, If I buy the dark portal pass today after patching, will I get a 58 and be able to level it to 60 tonight? Or do I have to wait to use my 58 boost on 6/1/21 ?

I just might resub to wow tonight.

I look forward to leveling my Draenei shaman. Even if TBC endgame doesn't interest me much, I greatly enjoyed leveling a horde shaman when Classic launched and I reckon repeating the feat as alliance will prove equally fun.

Besides, Draenei was always my favourite race and Azuremyst+Bloodmyst Isle among my favourite zones. In fact my main to this day started out as Draenei.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    because it cost a fuck ton less dev time to re-release something on an updated engine that was also built for the same game.

Also because there are players (like me) who would go back and re-play classic/classic tbc vs playing shadowlands bfa and the like.
    Because today it is better content that the patch you play on retail. In BC you got to play vanilla plus an expansion. Most from vanilla is till relevant and even useful in BC, and BC is the whole expansion, not .. a patch.

So they know it will pump lots of players in to fill the gap they created as they were destroying the game year after year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I look forward to leveling my Draenei shaman. Even if TBC endgame doesn't interest me much, I greatly enjoyed leveling a horde shaman when Classic launched and I reckon repeating the feat as alliance will prove equally fun.

Besides, Draenei was always my favourite race and Azuremyst+Bloodmyst Isle among my favourite zones. In fact my main to this day started out as Draenei.
    You can start playing it right away.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully those prepatch features (aside from the once specifically featuring TBC things) are reverted in Classic once TBCC proper comes out. I'd prefer Classic to stay Classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the super funny part, is that it works! (Great job Blizzard, you became an expert in making these fools pay a subscription for old crap).
    Unfortunately, ya, it does work. And not only with Blizzard games... makes you wonder if the average person really is becoming dumber? The bar just seems to keep getting lower and lower and nobody seems to care or even notice.

Really makes you wonder how low we’re gonna go before people stop putting up with it. Kinda scary actually. Like chicken going from the farm, to the pen, to the warehouse, to stacked cages in the dark.

It’s like humanity itself is becoming a bunch of drooling morons with no standards at all. Just there to peck shit off the floor mindlessly, while filling the pockets of greedy sociopath who never have enough.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Prepatch is tomorrow for EU right? Pos news post without that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So, If I buy the dark portal pass today after patching, will I get a 58 and be able to level it to 60 tonight? Or do I have to wait to use my 58 boost on 6/1/21 ?

I just might resub to wow tonight.
    Yup! Will be the best time because there will be tons of people running dungeons/bgs.