Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Not sure you fully grasp how important a sound editor and composer is, but I kinda see your point.
    There rather important ya but one Person being unable to work or working at a reduced capacity can be accounted for even its hard to do where having multiple people from all over different teams unable to work is much harder to account for.

Though of course we can’t know how wide spread such cases were in blizzard case.

Don't worry WoW mobile will be coming that will be a clone of an existing game already in the market.

Only thing blizz is good at and remained good at throughout is their ability to get the game to run on old moldy potatoes.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Don't worry WoW mobile will be coming that will be a clone of an existing game already in the market.

Only thing blizz is good at and remained good at throughout is their ability to get the game to run on old moldy potatoes.
    you joke but i guarantee wow mobile is right around the corner.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    you joke but i guarantee wow mobile is right around the corner.
    As of now, the only new, non-mobile games they are actively developing are D4 and WoW expansions. And they are sure taking their sweet ass time for the former, in true Blizzard fashion... Especially when it comes to Diablo lolz. Maybe add the D2 remake if we are being generous, but that's it. OW, D3, SC, HotS are all in pretty much maintenance mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As of now, the only new, non-mobile games they are actively developing are D4 and WoW expansions. And they are sure taking their sweet ass time for the former, in true Blizzard fashion... Especially when it comes to Diablo lolz. Maybe add the D2 remake if we are being generous, but that's it. OW, D3, SC, HotS are all in pretty much maintenance mode.
    They work on the OW addon, even if their head honcho jumped ship recently.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Look around the gaming landscape, plenty of top quality games are coming out just fine during the pandemic. If ESO can drop so much content, a new expac, same for ff14.... then wow has no excuse with a budget bigger than both combined.
    not to mention Activision IS the biggest gaming company in USA right now, no idea if also worldwide or not
    So seriously if anyone beats it that's insult to them before anything else, literally no company has Activision resources or budget
    But of course Bobby is busy firing - for 2nd year in row - firing 10% of entire work staff so his bonus salary doesn't drop from 30 million usd to 27.8 million if he pays the entire fired team salary for an entire year (that's his bonus alone, nothing touching his millions of monthly salary), the guy didn't get title of most overpayed CEO in gaming in USA for nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    OW tbh is a joke of game, i liked it, but the more time pass the more empty it seems and i feel cheated buying it
    i bought for full price a slime of game, just pvp with zero pve (except event), updates are non existing, it is imo a 1st person dota, yet dota - an actual free game - and lol get updates in 1 year more than OW got since game launched
    the game plays like dota yet they gave us like 5 heroes just since launch? And no more content since years except Echo
    Seriously it was cheating and if i knew they will spit on us and call that update i'd never bought it, i was expecting dota-update system, not an imaginary system
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    OW tbh is a joke of game, i liked it, but the more time pass the more empty it seems and i feel cheated buying it
    i bought for full price a slime of game, just pvp with zero pve (except event), updates are non existing, it is imo a 1st person dota, yet dota - an actual free game - and lol get updates in 1 year more than OW got since game launched
    the game plays like dota yet they gave us like 5 heroes just since launch? And no more content since years except Echo
    Seriously it was cheating and if i knew they will spit on us and call that update i'd never bought it, i was expecting dota-update system, not an imaginary system
    While I loathe the game, I just gotta ask what the hell you expect from a game? What does it take for you to no longer feel cheated? 10k hours? 100k? 1kk? It's not like they charge you anything other than the original 60 bucks,. as far as I know.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I loathe the game, I just gotta ask what the hell you expect from a game? What does it take for you to no longer feel cheated? 10k hours? 100k? 1kk? It's not like they charge you anything other than the original 60 bucks,. as far as I know.
    i just said update like dota, ie: a LOT more heroes than what we got
    yeah OW we do get more maps, but they still same system so just change of background, the core of the game itself is heroes, and OW gave us since its launch less heroes than LoL gave in a year, and far more complex ones too (also LoL since a while is going anime route of design... but that's a different story)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

i just said update like dota, ie: a LOT more heroes than what we got
    yeah OW we do get more maps, but they still same system so just change of background, the core of the game itself is heroes, and OW gave us since its launch less heroes than LoL gave in a year, and far more complex ones too (also LoL since a while is going anime route of design... but that's a different story)
    Imagine Blizz implementing even half the number of heroes LoL does. They could remove any pretense of even trying to do balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I heavily despise the new grinder content they want to force my characters through just so I can be on par for the content I actually enjoy.
    what exactly do you have to grind to "keep up"? bcs apart of renown (which wasnt even possible to grind at first) i cant think of anything thats not optional...

Yeah, but wasn't some talk about not releasing before 2023?

The timeline is so fucking scuffed there:
    OW released in 2015
    "Sequel" announced in 2019
    Potential release in 2023

From what i understand, OW is in maintenance until OW2 comes out, so you're looking at another two years of nothing for OW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

OW released in 2015

From what i understand, OW is in maintenance until OW2 comes out, so you're looking at another two years of nothing for OW.
    Yup. Only new things coming for OW are new event skins, which are outsourced from overseas sweatshops.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly this has been on par with cataclysm for one of the worst expansions to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    honestly this has been on par with cataclysm for one of the worst expansions to date.
    cataclysm as one of the worst? lol

Both WoD and BoA have both been far worse than cata for the overall playability of the game for the greater majority of the playerbase. Even legion could be considered here, were world quests killed the need for structured reps (rep base+ lore development) and saw the first borrowed powers system come.

SL is just a continuation of wow in the state that WoD+legion left it, while just becoming worse, and as long as the devs keep this style of design for wow it will never get any better.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Imagine Blizz implementing even half the number of heroes LoL does. They could remove any pretense of even trying to do balance.
    at least we actually have variety, instead of seeing same faces almost every match
    not to mention there isn't a balance already either, check OW tournament, every match is mirror, if control point, both teams exact same, if attack/def, attack team is exact copy of next attack team, and same for defense
    so yeah OW has 'balance', because u don't have options in first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this is first time i see Cata considered worst exp since BFA release
    WoD/BFA are always considered the worst, didn't see cata name since years
    Thrall

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly an addon when it looks like it is removing more than its adding with the 5v5 nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    cataclysm as one of the worst? lol

Both WoD and BoA have both been far worse than cata for the overall playability of the game for the greater majority of the playerbase. Even legion could be considered here, were world quests killed the need for structured reps (rep base+ lore development) and saw the first borrowed powers system come.

SL is just a continuation of wow in the state that WoD+legion left it, while just becoming worse, and as long as the devs keep this style of design for wow it will never get any better.
    It feels weird to have wod and legion classed as the same.. wod was an expansion that brought more casual content to the game then arguably any other from implementing treasures , the best leveling experience seen in the game even now, mythic dungeons, and the most powerful catch up currently in the game along with reworked daily quests.

Wods failure was ignoring human psychology... the second they had the garrison reward + one difficulty gear for free once a week all of that content in essence might as well ceased to exist.

Legion had an annoying grind system but its sheer breath of content seemed to work for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

OW released in 2015

True, makes you wonder if they couldn't have earned way more by keeping interest high with piecemeal updates over the course of 4-5 years like the large patches OW2 will amount to, instead of betting all on the sales of a pseudo-sequell.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    not to mention Activision IS the biggest gaming company in USA right now, no idea if also worldwide or not
    So seriously if anyone beats it that's insult to them before anything else, literally no company has Activision resources or budget
    But of course Bobby is busy firing - for 2nd year in row - firing 10% of entire work staff so his bonus salary doesn't drop from 30 million usd to 27.8 million if he pays the entire fired team salary for an entire year (that's his bonus alone, nothing touching his millions of monthly salary), the guy didn't get title of most overpayed CEO in gaming in USA for nothing
    None of the lay offs have been in developer rolls a live esports team isn’t going to help out content out faster.

kotick Also doesn’t make any where close to millions monthly nor was he before he took a 50% cut.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It feels weird to have wod and legion classed as the same.. wod was an expansion that brought more casual content to the game then arguably any other from implementing treasures , the best leveling experience seen in the game even now, mythic dungeons, and the most powerful catch up currently in the game along with reworked daily quests.

Wods failure was ignoring human psychology... the second they had the garrison reward + one difficulty gear for free once a week all of that content in essence might as well ceased to exist.

Legion had an annoying grind system but its sheer breath of content seemed to work for most people.
    Legion did have a lot of content, some of it even good (Suramar city). What it also had, was the true start of endless grinding for a borrowed power system and the start of world quests. WQ for me, signified the death of dedicated open world content beyond a single questing/leveling playthrough and doing near-meaningless chores tasked to us by some annoying talking head, which could'd be toggled off. Some players also liked the story in legion (it did have good moments) but I found Illidan overbearing and boring.

I find wod's leveling overall fine, but people hype it up far beyond the actual quality it had in my opinion. the additional content was mostly moot beyond garrisons, as it's rewards vs labor input was completely off, making world content worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    None of the lay offs have been in developer rolls a live esports team isn’t going to help out content out faster.

kotick Also doesn’t make any where close to millions monthly nor was he before he took a 50% cut.
    His normal salary may be lower, but he did receive a bonus worth 30 million, and had no qualms about firing hundreds of people. Do you actually, truly believe people in such positions don't abuse and play the system to gain as much as possible, and are totally fine with screwing everyone else over for it? The only reason he took a pay cut was because the negative backlash could hurt the bottom line of the company, and thus his ability to get more in the future. I normally agree to attribute mistakes or bad moves to stupidity rather than malicious intent, but people in such positions as kotick aren't stupid.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn