Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If they only did some cosmetics like the mount (maybe a bit more fitting mount tho) and the toys I think most people would be "OK" with it as a way to monetize their work for classic products. but boosts are taking it too far you shouldnt be able to buy advantages.

Leveling is part of the game. TBC starts at lvl 1. I will try my best to exclude all boosted andies if I get the chance to do so (mass report them afk in bgs etc).
    That's beyond sad.
    Tbh when tbc came out, majority of us had a lvl 60 with a couple of alts varying in level (fuck you warlock that never made it past lvl 18).
    So i really do not see the issue with being able to buy one solitary boost placing you @ the level needed to immediately jump into the content that actually peaks your interest.

On micro transactions, do i think they suck FUCK YES... does that give me the right to tell other people how to spend their coin NO..

Also on the pay to win bullshit, it's not so much pay to win as more of paying to save time... which is exactly what they designed the game towards these days, with it's Monthly Active User bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Yep, I used my level 50 Shadowlands boost on a new character, logged in on my flying shop pig, declared victory and haven’t needed to log in since because that’s it, that’s the game.
    Did you know you even had to buy the game to be able to play? Massive advantage over someone who doesn't. Truly P2W, you can't win if you don't pay after all.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Do people actually do this in classic? I LOVE IT! Keep it up. Let them feel the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Yep, I used my level 50 Shadowlands boost on a new character, logged in on my flying shop pig, declared victory and haven’t needed to log in since because that’s it, that’s the game.
    Nice strawman. You can buy gold and with gold you can buy everything in the game. Retail is pay2win. No matter how hard you actiblizz fanbois want to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nice strawman. You can buy gold and with gold you can buy everything in the game. Retail is pay2win. No matter how hard you actiblizz fanbois want to defend it.
    If you talk about buying mythic runs. Sure if that is you way of "winning" the game. But who actually gives a shit about those people? They buy the boost. Get into another group where it is immediatly visible, that they cannot keep up and get kicked.

If you go that far and pay millions of gold for mythic boosts then yes you can also actually buy gear.
    but:

1. It will not help you in any way. You wills till loose to anyone else in any content.
    2. The amount of available boosts is extremly limited.
    3. The amount of RL money you have to put into tokens to buy mythic boosts... is very very high. Like in the 4-5 digits high to get the amount of mythic boosts to be fully equipped.

And in the end you still can't play and finishg a +10. Nothing won at all.

You simply can't police hate unless there is undeniable proof, the actions persist for weeks and weeks and/or several threats are made. I agree with you. What they are doing is Neanderthal, but still the minute you start tossing out bans or warnings, you open a can of worms with a massive trickle-down effect. Wah...I got harassed for making a mistake and wiping the group. Wah...my level 25 alt was camp by a lvl 60 Rogue and so on and so on. You clearly have a sense of imagination and humor. Employ it here and deal with the moronic rhetoric for several days, everyone knows, including you, it's temporary. Heck, I can even understand policing hate in extreme situations where someone's race, gender, politics or religion is relentlessly under attack. But seriously toss the ban of hammer over a purchase choice? From a PR perspective, a ban over the latter reason would be a complete and total disaster in a few different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    LMAO thinking wasting $70 to worsen a game comes with bragging rights.

I usually ignore the bastards letting daddy Blizzard stroke their tits hard for milky milkies, but your fucking delusion makes me think I actually should start /spitting on them.
    How much do you pay for your sub a month?

Your logic and thinking are both funny and pathetic.

Going after someone who is SPENDING their own cash for what THEY want makes people like you ruin the game.

The cash shop never ever did anything. It is people like you with a ego who thinns they are in anyway important to anyone that did.

People went through a long slow slide down a "slippery slope" the first time. Now they're fed up, they know this song and dance and they don't want to tolerate it, or the whales that enable it, anymore so they lash out in petty ways like this.

Petty or not though, they are in fact targeting the right people. Blizzard should definitely be the primary target of their dissatisfaction, but these bad practices only continue and escalate because there are whales acting as enablers.

It's also the reason "vote with your wallet" is nonsense. You can't vote with your wallet against practices that are funded by whales.
    I actually think the /spit is kind of funny. Certainly not ban worthy, it's completely harmless at the end of the day. If they want to express that they are dissatisfied with their fellow-players, then a quick slash emote seems perfectly fine. Or what, do you want to add a dislike button?
    Last edited by Arewn; 2021-05-30 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If you talk about buying mythic runs. Sure if that is you way of "winning" the game. But who actually gives a shit about those people? They buy the boost. Get into another group where it is immediatly visible, that they cannot keep up and get kicked.

If you go that far and pay millions of gold for mythic boosts then yes you can also actually buy gear.
    but:

1. It will not help you in any way. You wills till loose to anyone else in any content.
    2. The amount of available boosts is extremly limited.
    3. The amount of RL money you have to put into tokens to buy mythic boosts... is very very high. Like in the 4-5 digits high to get the amount of mythic boosts to be fully equipped.

And in the end you still can't play and finishg a +10. Nothing won at all.
    You can literally buy gear. Method spent ten thousand euros to buy BoEs in Nyalotha. Saying this is not p2w is pretty delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I play Classic for the less toxic community compared to Retail."

The Classic community: this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    It's called jealousy
    No it's not. Nobody is jealous over possibly the ugliest and stupidest looking mount in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't planning on playing TBC but this thread is making me want to buy the deluxe edition just so I can piss people off by basically just existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can literally buy gear. Method spent ten thousand euros to buy BoEs in Nyalotha. Saying this is not p2w is pretty delusional.
    Didn't they uhhh.... lose that race?

10+ Year Old Account
    blame the game not the player. players can spend their money however they wish, are they enabling Blizzard behaviour of adding shitty practices, sure, but its still not the players fault in the grand scheme of things. Blizzard would still add these practices even if no one brought them, they'd just always be there... lurking around tempting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I wasn't planning on playing TBC but this thread is making me want to buy the deluxe edition just so I can piss people off by basically just existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't they uhhh.... lose that race?
    They won over the other 15k guilds progressing in Nyalotha that didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They won over the other 15k guilds progressing in Nyalotha that didn't.
    That's... not winning. The person(s) in first place win. This is some weird form of mental gymnastics.

Harassment is bannable. Report them if it really bothers you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well the existence of shop items is fueled by people buying them.

Getting hate whispers can probably be punished.

But as far as the insult commands supplied by the game and ignores and kicks .. good luck with that.
    This, the game explicitly provides most of these options.
    But yeah the verbal abuse is still punishable, as it should be.

The morons hating on those buying here tend to be those that delude themselves by thinking that their/"their group's" wallet is big enough to make their vote matter.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Sell runs are generally weeks or months after the first clear. Talent and time will always separate the “winners” from the general pop, and it sounds like you’re angry that someone buying their weekly +15 beat you in a BG.

Nobody buying their way through mythics or to 2200 is posing a threat to the leaderboard. The people on those leaderboards, however, are the ones making that purchase pathway available.

Big fat "who cares" to the whole situation, both sides included.

But imagine being so sensitive that getting "/spat" in an online game triggers such outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    That's... not winning. The person(s) in first place win. This is some weird form of mental gymnastics.
    Being first place in a community event has what to do with buying in-game advantages with real moneys? This is some weird form of mental gymnastics.