Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should Everything stay the same???

I honestly am have plenty of fun, 100% nostalgia related, playing tbc. But I feel like they should still make some balance and QOL changed that keep the idea of classic intact. Cause they just can do better and it can be more fun.

why isn’t there a collection tab for toys and mounts?? I can’t imagine that “hurts” anyone’s experience.

Why not balance Pally’s so they are giga broken?

Why not buff wrath so that boomkins can use it cause you shouldn’t now, I don’t see why they can’t add a proc so that you have a reason to cast the other.

Feral Druid has no aoe this whole expansion, why?

Hurricane is on a 1 min cd does 50% less dmg then hellfire?

Maybe balance some bosses with more HP, but also reduce mana costs for dps, so that maybe for raid bosses you still have to “budget” your mana but questing you don’t drink every three mobs. it isn’t fun or fantasy driven to drink 1000 liters of water every dungeon.

They have access to some good solutions/tech and I feel like they should do some stuff different. NOT turn classic into retail. But there are things that retail does better and instead of just spitting out the exact same stuff, use what you learned in the last 15 years to do something better.

While most people can agree that some changes are good, the idea is still to actually experience the old version of the game. Making it completely different kind of destroys the point.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I’ve always been for small QoL changes, I think once you get past the nostalgia there’s a lot of design choices in early WoW that exist purely due to a lack of dev/design experience.

The problem is just deciding which changes would be acceptable. You can poll it but... you know, people don’t really know what they want.

i think until wotlk should be the same
    i think if they ever do or think about a cataclysm, i think thats where they could really change things up
    like who really cares about the integrity of cataclysm? they could do like a remake of that xpac and nobody would be against it

Giving everybody AOE is definitely not in the spirit of classic

No. The moment they start messing with that it opens up the rabbit hole.

Why is this considered QoL but not that?
    Since we've done that, we might as well do this.
    Etc. Etc.

Not to forget the REEE from the purists we would need to listen to on all forums of the internet.

I'd say leave it as it is. Especially don't change anything about the classes or specs

If you want to have a classic version of the game, yes, it should. Otherwise it defeats its purpose.

And as mentioned, if you start adding a small feature, you have to add all because everyone wants a different small thing added.

Come back when it's done and then ask for a new version of it: "Burning Crusade QOL and Extra Features"

As for yor class complains, that was the design philosphy at that time .. not every class was able to do everything, if you can't grasp that then classic and classic tbc are not for you. Shadowlands where everyone has a stun, interrupt and aoe is waiting for you. It even has Outland.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-06-04 at 07:46 AM.

The only thing I really want in Classic BC is dual spec

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks

It is good the way that it is. Changes came later on on further expansions.

I am loving tanking as a feral atm, it is a fun challenge keeping aggro from pulls.

Yeah well, I have been thinking about such things. That is making TBCc just a good game instead of just good TBC. Times change and you can't really get back to the good old days either way. The base idea/feel of TBC is really good but there are some hiccups there and there. I was not really for Classic+ but TBC+? Hell yeah. TBC fundament with some shake-ups, like general UI improvements, class redesign, itemization redesign.
    DoTs/HoTs able to crit.
    Itemization that makes sense, a lil bit more similar to retail than classic, like for instance: spirit and mp5 exists ONLY to wall off shamans and paladins from having acces to all healing gear.

Modern LFG that was supposed to be implemented in TBCc but for reasons unknown it was not...

Barber and Tmog <3

In my idea TBC+ realms exists alongside TBCc so its not like It would hurt TBCc players in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Jwelch900;53215129]I honestly am have plenty of fun, 100% nostalgia related, playing tbc. But I feel like they should still make some balance and QOL changed that keep the idea of classic intact. Cause they just can do better and it can be more fun.

Agree... kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    why isn’t there a collection tab for toys and mounts?? I can’t imagine that “hurts” anyone’s experience.
    Not that many of either so it doesn't hurt that much either that there isn't one
    Why not balance Pally’s so they are giga broken?
    ??? What do you mean? Locks are OP as hell too, Hunters, Rogues in PvP
    Why not buff wrath so that boomkins can use it cause you shouldn’t now, I don’t see why they can’t add a proc so that you have a reason to cast the other.
    Yeah, there are things that make 0 sense and such thing could be said about each class/spec
    Swipe? I mean yeah, its a bear ability but still a feral one, besides not everyone needs to be able to do it all.
    Its aoe Tank support ability more than a dps one, besides: homogenization

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it makes no sense because it's no longer classic anymore.. Sure, I'd love to have a few things myself (like dual spec, etc) but I humble myself to play the game the way it was played back in the day. The only exception I see is some systemic changes being made because classic is built on a new framework.

I think you're throwing two things into the same pot.

Some things are QoL changes and others are just straight balance changes that aren't easy to pull off.
    Because you'd have to rebalance their overall damage.

You reall open pandora's box with this one because one had to decide what actually is "okay" dps and what isn't.

Some classes aren't meant to AoE, you can debate whether that is good or not, but feral (or druid in general) is far from the only class that lacks to tool to AoE, such as.
    Shadow Priest
    Hunter
    Rogue

Point is, the more classes can AoE, the more you enable the AoE Meta, AoE is supposed to be a niche situation for Mages and Warlocks not for everybody.
    Maybe balance some bosses with more HP, but also reduce mana costs for dps, so that maybe for raid bosses you still have to “budget” your mana but questing you don’t drink every three mobs. it isn’t fun or fantasy driven to drink 1000 liters of water every dungeon.
    Was a intentional decision by the devs, that people always have a short break, either to socialize with other people or in general to feel "more efficient" when you quest with others.

It's part of the slowpaced game that is Classic / TBC.

They’ve spent over a decade trying to balance classes and haven’t managed to do it well. Someone’s broken literally every patch. Pulling on the thread now won’t make BCC “better”, it would just start that unraveling earlier.

Pretty much the same sentiment for QOL changes. Would they be nice? Yeah. Would it land well? Probably not, because there’s no clear end point where they’ve made the right QOL changes and not given us retail.

Example: LFG’ing in chat sucks. Original TBC tool sucks. The “QOL” evolution? LFD in retail where the tool takes over agency of group formation. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Example: LFG’ing in chat sucks. Original TBC tool sucks. The “QOL” evolution? LFD in retail where the tool takes over agency of group formation. No thanks.
    What? LFG browser WAS in TBC and its upgraded (retail version) was meant to be in TBCc, but for some reason... it is still not. You are NOT losing ANY agency by being able to browse LFG/LFM listings easier.
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2021-06-04 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    What? LFG browser WAS in TBC and its upgraded (retail version) was meant to be in TBCc, but for some reason... it is still not. You are NOT losing ANY agency by being able to browse LFG/LFM listings easier.
    I specifically cited the LFD tool (or Dungeon Finder), not the Premade Group Finder that you’re referencing.

I specifically cited the LFD tool (or Dungeon Finder), not the Premade Group Finder that you’re referencing.
    yeah yeah, and how exactly are you loosing "agency" with that? I am very curious.

yeah yeah, and how exactly are you loosing "agency" with that? I am very curious.
    You might still be confused on which tool I’m talking about. The LFD tool where you pick a random/specific dungeon, select DPS, and enter the queue.

That was the evolution of LFD that I think most Classic players want to stay away from.

The revised LFD (Premade Group Finder) came with M+ in what, Legion?

#nochangesexceptallofthatstuffiwant

You might still be confused on which tool I’m talking about. The LFD tool where you pick a random/specific dungeon, select DPS, and enter the queue.

That was the evolution of LFD that I think most Classic players want to stay away from.

The revised LFD (Premade Group Finder) came with M+ in what, Legion?
    Dungeon/Raid Finder are "automated ones", LFG/LFM is just group "browser"/board. And have yet too see one person ask for D/R Finder for classic.

Dungeon/Raid Finder are "automated ones", LFG/LFM is just group "browser"/board. And have yet too see one person ask for D/R Finder for classic.
    Yes, that’s exactly my point. QOL improvements can lead to unwanted functionality creep.