10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    with Israelis that must huddle down during missile sirens all night long.
    Yeah, sure must suck having to try to sleep in their three-star accommodation emergency bunkers while their billion dollar missile defense system shoots down missiles assembled back when Yugoslavia was still a thing. /s

It is really quite simple; trying to paint this as a two-sided issue doesn't hold water when you examine the actual disparity in conditions and strength.

Oh, and I know the world kind of forgot this after 9/11 but I'll repeat it again - terrorism is not an existential threat, regardless of how shitty it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Also, Israel has a terrible voting system based on proportional representation. The worst I've ever seen. They really need to switch to FPTP. Third parties and the third most popular party have too much power. All of the coalition shenanigans comes off as dirty, childish, and an unnecessary waste of time.
    That would practically wipe out minorities, would be right-wing dream.

I think that current system is fair, but flawed, exactly because there are so many small parties that can be potential kingmakers and reap absolutely disproportionate rewards for their contribution. No need to go further than now - Bennet, leader of a small 7(6) seats party is going to be a PM.

Overall the "change" government, as it is called, pleases me because it removes both Netanyahu and ultra-orthodox parties from the government. That said, I don't think it will last. If this government survives for a year, I'll be in awe, because I don't see how a right-wing party with right-wing PM with settlements agenda can really sit for long with hardcore left like Meretz party and a religious Islamist party (which is right-wing, but not the correct right-wing kek).

Heck, I'm not even sure it will survive until the confidence vote next week that is supposed to make them official government. All Bibi needs to do is wait for useful idiots to make another provocation or two in Jerusalem and there are at least 2 such events planned this week. If it will result in violence and another unrest outburst - the new coalition will likely break apart.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-06-06 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    End times?
    Well, there's some of that, but mostly a shared hatred of Muslims and Jews.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=tehdang;53217784]If you have to accuse users of being "the worst anti-semites on this board" to form the substance of the post, the most logical conclusion is that this is a tribal fight and you're signalling that he's in the wrong tribe. It's tribal politics that point out the dark souls of those from the other tribe.[/spoiler]

Maybe you all should just stop being anti-semites?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Israel considers it part of their nation. Try to keep up bud.
    Listen, in Israel means in the country of Israel. Not West Bank, not Gaza, not East Jerusalem for that matter. What that poster wrote was very clear. So once more, yes or no to what I asked - can Arab citizen in Israel own a house/car/whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, sure must suck having to try to sleep in their three-star accommodation emergency bunkers while their billion dollar missile defense system shoots down missiles assembled back when Yugoslavia was still a thing. /s

It is really quite simple; trying to paint this as a two-sided issue doesn't hold water when you examine the actual disparity in conditions and strength.

Oh, and I know the world kind of forgot this after 9/11 but I'll repeat it again - terrorism is not an existential threat, regardless of how shitty it is.
    Have you actually seen those bomb shelters? Or about what kind of rockets Hamas are launching now? Or that people die anyway with all the shelters, early warning systems and Iron Dome (hint, couple of minutes to get to shelter is not a lot). You and others love saying that I am biased - look at yourself now, the way you wrote my quoted post.
    Last edited by Easo; 2021-06-07 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Maybe you all should just stop being anti-semites?
    This is the kind of baiting that goes on constantly in this topic.

You're neck deep in tribalism with your 1) Tribe B is composed of anti-semites, isn't it funny what they support 2) Tribe B should just try not to be anti-semites.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Have you actually seen those bomb shelters?
    Yes.

Compared to Gaza, where there is such a lack of public bomb shelters that civilians often have to take cover in UN funded schools.

Or about what kind of rockets Hamas are launching now? Or that people die anyway with all the shelters, early warning systems and Iron Dome (hint, couple of minutes to get to shelter is not a lot). You and others love saying that I am biased - look at yourself now, the way you wrote my quoted post.
    Yes, people die.

The point is that the number of people that do actually die is in no way proportionate to the response Israel inflicts given the massive disparity in force and infrastructure.

To say nothing of the whole colonization and apartheid thing, which y'all continue to seem to regard as necessary for Israel to exist.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-06-07 at 12:52 AM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yes.

Compared to Gaza, where there is such a lack of public bomb shelters that civilians often have to take cover in UN funded schools.

Yes, people die.

The point is that the number of people that do actually die is in no way proportionate to the response Israel inflicts given the massive disparity in force and infrastructure.

To say nothing of the whole colonization and apartheid thing, which y'all continue to seem to regard as necessary for Israel to exist.
    So to please you, maybe Israel should deactivate the Iron Dome ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So to please you, maybe Israel should deactivate the Iron Dome ?
    Where on earth did you get this strawman, lol.

Where on earth did you get this strawman, lol.
    It is what you said, there is not enough deaths on the Israel side to justify the proportion of the retaliation, according to you. So maybe they just should deactivate the Dome so that would be ok. Personally, if I had a technological advantage on my opponent, I would use it (and that what most people would do as well).

It is what you said, there is not enough deaths on the Israel side to justify the proportion of the retaliation, according to you. So maybe they just should deactivate the Dome so that would be ok. Personally, if I had a technological advantage on my opponent, I would use it (and that what most people would do as well).
    Jesus Christ.

How about instead of "disable your defenses so more Israelis die to make up the difference" we instead advocate for them to "just stop murdering Palestinians."

You know. Exactly what people have been saying this entire fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Jesus Christ.

How about instead of "disable your defenses so more Israelis die to make up the difference" we instead advocate for them to "just stop murdering Palestinians."

You know. Exactly what people have been saying this entire fucking time.
    I am all for it, when Hamas stops firing rockets at civilian area from their own civilian area.

I am all for it, when Hamas stops firing rockets at civilian area from their own civilian area.
    Right. I forgot. Loss of life is a secondary concern to exacting a proper amount of revenge. How silly of me.

Though it does make me wonder if your tune would change if your local police decided to level the block you live on because there was someone suspected of murder living there. Probably not. Gotta lick that boot.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Right. I forgot. Loss of life is a secondary concern to exacting a proper amount of revenge. How silly of me.

Though it does make me wonder if your tune would change if your local police decided to level the block you live on because there was someone suspected of murder living there. Probably not. Gotta lick that boot.
    And maybe your view would change if you were the one receiving the rocket ? Or one of your relative that would die to one of those rockets ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is what you said, there is not enough deaths on the Israel side to justify the proportion of the retaliation, according to you. So maybe they just should deactivate the Dome so that would be ok.
    Or...just don't murder Palestinians?

Or...just don't murder Palestinians?
    So they should let Hamas bombard them without retaliation ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge is not an acceptable basis for policy.

So they should let Hamas bombard them without retaliation ?
    See above. You're probably too young to remember, but these exact arguments were being thrown around back in the early 2000s to justify shit like Afghanistan and it was just as stupid then.

Terrorism is not an existential threat.

Revenge is not an acceptable basis for policy.

See above. You're probably too young to remember, but these exact arguments were being thrown around back in the early 2000s to justify shit like Afghanistan and it was just as stupid then.

Terrorism is not an existential threat.
    I am probably older than you. And I am curious how you would explain it to your population and avoid being removed from office or torn to shred by them if, after a bombing, you would say: "nah it's cool, we should not retaliate".

10+ Year Old Account
    I am probably older than you. And I am curious how you would explain it to your population and avoid being removed from office or torn to shred by them if, after a bombing, you would say: "nah it's cool, we should not retaliate".
    I wouldn't be engaging in colonialism or apartheid that would be causing the bombings in the first place, so.

"Terrorism is scary" is not justification for belligerence. Grow up.

I wouldn't be engaging in colonialism or apartheid that would be causing the bombings in the first place, so.

"Terrorism is scary" is not justification for belligerence. Grow up.
    I guess a lot of leaders throughout the world have to "grow up" according to you. I guess that just shows who should grow up, sweaty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess a lot of leaders throughout the world have to "grow up" according to you.
    ...Yes? Why is this a question.

A lot of leaders and more than a few ordinary people need to understand that retaliation doesn't stop terrorism, it causes more terrorism; and that's precisely the point. Anything that maintains the status quo is useful to people like Bibi.