Page 6 of 172 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They impact every single member of society for the better. Including the billionaires.
    Yeah, that's also the thing. It's implying these rich goons derive no benefit from tax dollars which...

Okay. Having all of your employees and consumers educated and healthy is bad, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Pushing laws that will never impact you, is the hallmark of oppression.
    No, it's not. This is how delusional you are. And, as I said, it depends what the floor is whether it would affect me or not. I'm for it either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

They impact every single member of society for the better. Including the billionaires.
    but what will they do with all those Little St James' in the virgin islands? let them go back to nature!?

So, why are you suddenly outraged at the thought of paying more?

I imagine the wealthy would use those same words if you tried to increase their taxes.
    What actual point are you trying to make with this comparison? That taxation in general is immoral? I mean if we're extrapolating to 100% to make our point, absolutely any tax fails that test. If you tax .001% of someone's income that's punishment because what if you took 100%? It's asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, that's also the thing. It's implying these rich goons derive no benefit from tax dollars which...

Okay. Having all of your employees and consumers educated and healthy is bad, now?
    having any sort of consumer base in a consumer based economy is bad, now....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What actual point are you trying to make with this comparison? That taxation in general is immoral? I mean if we're extrapolating to 100% to make our point, absolutely any tax fails that test. If you tax .001% of someone's income that's stealing because what if you took 100%? It's asinine.
    He's a "taxation is theft" dumbfuck. There's apparently no difference between an X% wealth tax and slavery.

10+ Year Old Account
    What actual point are you trying to make with this comparison? That taxation in general is immoral? I mean if we're extrapolating to 100% to make our point, absolutely any tax fails that test. If you tax .001% of someone's income that's punishment because what if you took 100%? It's asinine.
    You seem to have grasped the essence of libertarian ideology.

It's absolutely insane. One of George Washington's first major acts as president was crushing these clowns, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And doubtless it'll be the same merry go round of you insisting your position is right because "freedom", without ever actually explaining why "freedom" is good barring shitty fearmongering about Stalin or whatever.

You're not actually offering substantive arguments about policy, it's just reactionary nonsense because fire is bad, change is scary, and Clement Atlee was a witch.
    My argument is simple, stop trying to push things on others, when you wouldn't be willing to do the same.

It's always easier to make someone else pay for the shit you want. Wealth taxes, and whining that people are wealthy, is simple jealousy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pointing to how bad his argument is. He seems to agree.

- - - Updated - - -

And billionaires make other people's lives better...

So, what's your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument is simple, stop trying to push things on others, when you wouldn't be willing to do the same.
    But I would be if I had that much wealth, so.

It's always easier to make someone else pay for the shit you want. Wealth taxes, and whining that people are wealthy, is simple jealousy.
    Which is still an ad hominem argument, not a rebuttal against wealth taxes. Lol.

Lol. "Rich people are oppressed". Sure, Jan.

They would impact me if I had that much wealth, is the thing. Being rich isn't a protected class.
    This is my point, dehumanize those whom you seek to oppress, to justify your actions.

Now we just need to wait and hear about third yachts.

- - - Updated - - -

But I would be if I had that much wealth, so.

Which is still an ad hominem argument, not a rebuttal against wealth taxes. Lol.
    We've already covered this, you never expect that to happen, which means you don't believe it would ever apply to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't. The existence of billionaires in itself implies a wealth disparity that is fundamentally destructive to society.

Whatever benefits they bring are more than outweighed. T

Yeah I don't think even you can articulate your actual point anymore. It's just a nonsense argument. "Taxes bad me no like."

I don't agree, as I've stated multiple times. Taking all of someone's income is slavery. Taxing income isn't. This is why you're a dumbfuck. The bullshit, nonsense comparisons that would make a rock blush.

They don't. The existence of billionaires in itself implies a wealth disparity that is fundamentally destructive to society.

Whatever benefits they bring are more than outweighed. T
    They employ millions of people.

If you don't like it, stop spending money at any company that is owned by, or run by a billionaire.

Let's see if you can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

?
    By making them work in sweatshops, taking away clean drinking water and using slave labour?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my point, dehumanize those whom you seek to oppress, to justify your actions.
    Again, are you seriously arguing that rich people are oppressed?

We've already covered this, you never expect that to happen
    You've no way of proving that, though. And still an ad hominem.

You seem to have grasped the essence of libertarian ideology.

It's absolutely insane. One of George Washington's first major acts as president was crushing these clowns, lol.
    I'm just trying to move beyond the fake argument to the real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't agree, as I've stated multiple times. Taking all of someone's income is slavery. Taxing income isn't. This is why you're a dumbfuck. The bullshit, nonsense comparisons that would make a rock blush.
    You said taxation isn't a punishment, so, let's make it so you cannot use that argument.

Take 99%.

Well, there you have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, are you seriously arguing that rich people are oppressed?

You've no way of proving that, though. And still an ad hominem.
    I'm saying people like you want to oppress them. That's what things like wealth taxes are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Now we just need to wait and hear about third yachts.
    I wish we actually oppressed billionaires, but then they would cease to be billionaires and thus not be oppressed any more.

How does that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    They employ millions of people.
    They also exploit those employees. What of it?

If you don't like it, stop spending money at any company that is owned by, or run by a billionaire.
    Late Capitalism makes that difficult if not impossible, so.

That's kind of why I want systemic change - so people are not forced to rely on unethically produced goods and services.