Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    As for the model itself being reused without AH ..that is more likely to happen at some point, and as mentioned before I wouldn't be a big fan of that not because of it being Brutosaur's model specifically, but simply cause I prefer not to have so many recolors of the same thing. If they actually iterated on the model and made more changes to it than a palette swap, that might be cool though.
    Blizzard notoriously don't want to put truly unique mount rewards behind the mount collection achievements because it's a very daunting task for any newcomer or people who have played for a long time but never cared to collect mounts.

I can't even imagine having to begin from scratch on collecting the ~550 mounts I'm currently at. But the last time we had a truly unique mount reward from an achievement was the armored dragonhawk at 200 mounts back in MoP.

Since the armored dragonhawk we've only ever had unused recolours of mounts added as rewards through the collection achievements.

And with the 350 achievement rewarding an infernal, it's not unlikely that any additional achievements might reward a non-flying mount like a recoloured brutosaur.

That said, at this point I feel like it's unlikely we'll even see a new mount collection achievement during SL. It really doesn't seem like much of a priority for Blizzard in the first place, and currently even less so as they struggle to get new content out.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Blizzard notoriously don't want to put truly unique mount rewards behind the mount collection achievements because it's a very daunting task for any newcomer or people who have played for a long time but never cared to collect mounts.
    Has this ever been stated or is that just an assumption?

Maybe they do think that, but I disagree. Dunno about daunting, but the "collect X mounts" achievements are not really hard, and at the moment you can probably get the highest one without putting in crazy effort into grinding. I mean yeah it's gonna take a while, but as I mentioned above, you are not required to get anything crazy rare for it. If there's any reason as to why mount rewards for "collect X mounts" achievements are lacking, is because they are not really challenging to complete and get outdated as more mounts are released.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to get an un-armoured Fel Stormdrake - they finally gave us the white cloud serpent tints so they clearly aren't against re-using former Gladiator-only colours:

Just remove the armour. Same needs to be done with the Winged Soul Eaters - atleast give us one of them without armour that isn't tied to PvP.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'd love a Soul Eater but I know I'll never reach Gladiator, so much like the frost wyrms, I'm really hoping we'll see one available outside of Gladiator mounts, even if unarmored (are the gladiator mounts even armored?). That's one of the mounts I could definitely see myself riding longterm on multiple classes.

Wouldn't mind a Fel Stormdrake either, but there are other unimplemented mounts I'd rather have. Even the previously mentioned Stormcrow that dates all the way back to the Throne of Thunder patch would frankly be preferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd love a Soul Eater but I know I'll never reach Gladiator, so much like the frost wyrms, I'm really hoping we'll see one available outside of Gladiator mounts, even if unarmored (are the gladiator mounts even armored?). That's one of the mounts I could definitely see myself riding longterm on multiple classes.
    Yes they have armour:

And here is their look without:

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I think the collector game is over guys.

I guess we "won"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i mean... if you wanna talk about status symbol, my ivory raptor would like to have a chat with the mini tcg version, as well as the bone-white primal raptor, and the swift albino raptor.
    The biggest joke has got to be the Savage Raptor (TCG, currently sells for between 5 to 10 million gold on EU realms) vs the Red Primal Raptor (off a cracked egg in MoP, "Attained by 45% of Wowhead profiles") - their difference being the colour of reins & saddle.

With 9.1.5 coming along and people asking for ideas to improve this game, isnt about time to bring new mount collector achievements up to 750 total? I think so

What new mount ideas do you guys think would be great to see now. I was thinking some type of giraffe mount or gorilla mount. I see some cool looking one in FFXIV and blizz needs to up their game.

Let's put the Brutosaur at 1000. Give people something to aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    For better of for worse, The Brutosaur is a big status symbol to show off how rich you are (or were, before you bought it). If they made the model more accessible there would be a huge outcry and I can't say I would blame them.
    It would be like if they sold one of those insanely expensive cars, like a Bugatti or something, at your local Carmax.
    False equivalency. The Brutosaur, while not being cheap, was not specifically bought as a show of wealth. It had functionality to it no other mount in the game has. If the Brutosaur skin was brought back as an achievement mount, would it also have a vendor on it, or an Auction house function with it? Highly unlikely. It may not even have extra seats on it. It would be a brutosaur that ONLY YOU could ride.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    With 9.1.5 coming along and people asking for ideas to improve this game, isnt about time to bring new mount collector achievements up to 750 total? I think so
    Yeah quick, while Spreadsheet Man is still on his summer holiday*

* Probably, what other explanation for reversing course on small things that non raiders may care about that aren't direct time gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Let's put the Brutosaur at 1000. Give people something to aspire to.
    Yeah, I'd be okay with this. Every Brutosaur owner I know spent hundreds on tokens to get it. There's nothing special about it other than its functionality.

The Brutosaur idea keeps coming back but that won't happen, both because of the Brutosaur status, as well as reusing a mount as a reward for a different, new source, has not happened yet. I mean anything is possible but I highly doubt it. A new recolor of the Brutosaur and without AH? Sure. The actual Brutosaur from bfa? No.

Also, I know that "1000 mounts achie" sounds hard now, but if the game doesn't suddenly die and keeps growing at the pace it currently does, 1000 mounts is not gonna be that hard to get eventually. Adding incredible rewards to something that just gets easier with time and eventually just becomes an auto-complete achievement is never a good idea. It would work if they made it time-limited reward for that achievement, but that would just introduce more seasonal mounts, which I personally dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yeah, I'd be okay with this. Every Brutosaur owner I know spent hundreds on tokens to get it. There's nothing special about it other than its functionality.
    I have acquired every single gold coin that I used to buy my Brutosaur in game. Now you know one person who got it without real money.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-08-24 at 07:14 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I have acquired every single gold coin that I used to buy my Brutosaur in game. Now you know one person who got it without real money.
    That changes nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    stoped caring about collecting
    there since 2007, too much collecting kills collecting
    what a waste

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    That changes nothing
    Well, now you can't keep going around and shitting on people for no reason, unless you want to just outright lie

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    stoped caring about collecting
    there since 2007, too much collecting kills collecting
    what a waste
    No one asked
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Well, now you can't keep going around and shitting on people for no reason, unless you want to just outright lie
    It's not shitting on people when it's literally all I've seen. Wow, congrats, you're one of the very few that actually earned your dino through purely in-game means, or so you say. Meanwhile, pretty much everyone else paid real money for theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one asked
    thank you captain obvious for your intervention

I like the carriage atleast is somewhat unique.But brutosaur? 2 headed rylak? You want more recolors?
    My wish is for them to hire new designers and create unique models for mounts.I dont want to see unique mobs added in game which later become mounts.I want to see new mount models that later might become mobs.

I hope they add something like https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Andrius. It is so pleasant to watch.

WoW needs something new.

its sad its just turning into a mount/achievement hunting game.

how many dragons do you need :/