Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just to clarify, I was asking how you thought Prideful going away will make people like Tyrannical more, not necessarily why Prideful can be problematic. That part I definitely am aware of!

(I personally don't dislike Prideful, certainly not more than some past season affixes, but it definitely can be a frustrating affix for those reasons!)

For my own part, I am pretty cynical that they will do anything dramatic enough to make people dislike Tyrannical less. Maybe if we're lucky, it will be equally awful rather than worse.

I do expect a few rounds of nerfs to certain bosses early into the 9.1 patch as people start pushing again, but who knows how significant they will be.
    It will help a lot for mid range keys. Nowadays a wipe on a tyrannical boss pretty much ends the run because you don't have pride anymore for the second try. With the new season affix you always have the power benefit. For the KSM range of keys that should make people hate tyrannical less. It's less stressful when mistakes aren't punished so hard.

Imo Blizzard should try to find a way to have lust/hero reset after a wipe as well. Maybe something like "after a full wipe in a boss fight and only once you pull that same boss again, does lust reset" so that it can't be exploited to reset lust over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just to clarify, I was asking how you thought Prideful going away will make people like Tyrannical more, not necessarily why Prideful can be problematic. That part I definitely am aware o
    Standard routes will change, Hakkar will become the last boss after collecting all 4 powerups. These buffs will stay after a wipe so you'll only lose time. Wiping with prideful buff was a deplete, in season2 it might be recoverable.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I'm glad I quit retail, the crap devs are pulling now just to get them to interact with their crappy game is honestly never ending. I honestly question why people still play retail.
    Or, newsflash, they realized most of the terribads are just doing M+ in the freebie weeks and are destroying the game for the rest of us when we need people to pug, and now that they are creating a system from scratch they are making it as to cover for that flaw.

But then again, people like you are gonna complain about anything because you think your 13$ matter.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Or, newsflash, they realized most of the terribads are just doing M+ in the freebie weeks and are destroying the game for the rest of us when we need people to pug, and now that they are creating a system from scratch they are making it as to cover for that flaw.

But then again, people like you are gonna complain about anything because you think your 13$ matter.
    "Newsflash" ? More like fanfiction article. You seems to forgot that score divided by two badly designed affixes is literally not gonna change anything as it's not going to determine person skill, just like the rio score. And it still doesn't solve the basic issue of knowing specific dungeon well which is far more important than tyrannical/fortified.

It honestly blows my mind that there are non-zero people that consider this abomination anywhere near "solution".

If blizzard wanted to categorize their players, fine but at least do it properly BY DUNGEON. And another thing is actual experience, so amount of runs at specific level, not arbitrary score because

Dude A that did 30+ Kings Rests at 15 level is, according to current abomination, worse than
    Dude B that did 1 Kings Rest at level 16

Which is hilariously wrong. Obviously the new "abomination" is not gonna solve shit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    "Newsflash" ? More like fanfiction article. You seems to forgot that score divided by two badly designed affixes is literally not gonna change anything as it's not going to determine person skill, just like the rio score. And it still doesn't solve the basic issue of knowing specific dungeon well which is far more important than tyrannical/fortified.

It honestly blows my mind that there are non-zero people that consider this abomination anywhere near "solution".

If blizzard wanted to categorize their players, fine but at least do it properly BY DUNGEON. And another thing is actual experience, so amount of runs at specific level, not arbitrary score because

Dude A that did 30+ Kings Rests at 15 level is, according to current abomination, worse than
    Dude B that did 1 Kings Rest at level 16

Which is hilariously wrong. Obviously the new "abomination" is not gonna solve shit.
    I never said its a solution, its part of a solution.

Also lets not go into that discussion, you are being wrong again by using only 1 variable, how many times you run something means jack shit, we have been through this discussion before.

Yes, you cant put a metric to the situation, but you can reduce the % of fail with a system even if its a bad system.

Blizzard focused on the part that has been obvious the last 3 expansions, that 90% of the people that get KSM, get it on Fortified weeks in combination with some useless shit like Volcanic and Quaking.

I can only assume they noticed more and more people are sticking to the game to get KSM before they unsub, and they are focusing on delaying them from unsubbing.

Which for me personally, means more segregation when i need to pug 1 person every 2 months, which means even this change its lowering the chance that said person is a complete failer on anything else other than Fortified/Volcanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It will help a lot for mid range keys. Nowadays a wipe on a tyrannical boss pretty much ends the run because you don't have pride anymore for the second try. With the new season affix you always have the power benefit.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I never said its a solution, its part of a solution.

Also lets not go into that discussion, you are being wrong again by using only 1 variable, how many times you run something means jack shit, we have been through this discussion before.

Yes, you cant put a metric to the situation, but you can reduce the % of fail with a system even if its a bad system.

Blizzard focused on the part that has been obvious the last 3 expansions, that 90% of the people that get KSM, get it on Fortified weeks in combination with some useless shit like Volcanic and Quaking.

I can only assume they noticed more and more people are sticking to the game to get KSM before they unsub, and they are focusing on delaying them from unsubbing.

Which for me personally, means more segregation when i need to pug 1 person every 2 months, which means even this change its lowering the chance that said person is a complete failer on anything else other than Fortified/Volcanic.
    Well it's you who is wrong.

Number can't ever represent player skill = fact.
    Experience per dungeon plays huge factor = fact.
    Amount of dungeons per level bracket is also a big factor = fact.

All of them much more important than tyranical/forti. So the only logical step is to show players history and count as most important data and not split idiotic "score".

So its not a solution, not even a sliver of a solution, not to mention "part", its just wrong on every possible aspect. Blizzard focused on some random shit nobody should care about. Its maybe 10th factor in order of importance. Or they focused to artificially prolong game time which may backfire.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you can skip all of the prides and still time the instance at ksm level with ease...
    You can. Most people can’t. Most people overpower the content with gear and a stacking of buffs and still struggle. If you already wiped with lust and pride, then people won’t be very eager to try that boss again without those buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Most people overpower the content with gear and a stacking of buffs and still struggle.
    Because they're bad and really have no business in m+, lol.

Prideful with pugs is actually more of a liability than benefit, I've wiped to so many prides because people aren't killing it fast enough and then it's ticking at 20 stacks forever and then someone stuns me and then we all die.

Or, newsflash, they realized most of the terribads are just doing M+ in the freebie weeks and are destroying the game for the rest of us when we need people to pug
    Blaming bad players on your inability to find pug players? Now that's a new twist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    No, they listened exactly for what we asked for - meaningful choice.
    They executed terribly on it then.