Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Its not about deficits, its about slowly forcing them out of control of their own companies.
    so again then they are slowly forcing 100 million people out of their own houses by taxing that asset every year without selling and invoking capital gains.

and yet the housing market seems to be doing just fine as are most homeowners

I wish they would stop trying to take away my car. I am due to get my 250 dollar property tax bill on my vehicle any day now.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    lmao, nope, never did, I guess that's the consequence of taking yourself so seriously while suffering from acute ADHD that you can't notice sarcasm.
    Nah, I'm still glad you admitted you were lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Quantify it because its been said that trickle down does in fact slow the economy and increased taxation does not.

The vast majority of this wealth is not reinvested, it just sits there growing more wealth.
    I did.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

so again then they are slowly forcing 100 million people out of their own houses by taxing that asset every year without selling and invoking capital gains.

and yet the housing market seems to be doing just fine as are most homeowners

I wish they would stop trying to take away my car. I am due to get my 250 dollar property tax bill on my vehicle any day now.
    Things an absurd reach.

But, I offered you a chance to prove it.

Did you send in that check?

I did.

That's not quantifying it, that's giving me random numbers that are not actually based on reality.

Yah not based on your definition
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I mean, everyone here is lying, except you, that's what's been decided long ago.

Yah not based on your definition
    I was basing it on the numbers we were discussing... which was a 2% tax. If you want to show me an actual plan, I can quantify those numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, everyone here is lying, except you, that's what's been decided long ago.
    Well, my evidence has shown a lot of you to be liars.

10+ Year Old Account
    It disappears from their hands, and they can't invest it.
    It still gets invested and far more reliably, though, by the consumers who benefit from higher tax receipts.

Sooooo... Really just seems like a function of their fee fees getting injured rather than their actual welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you made a bullshit claim about objectivity, then tried to project it onto me.
    So, would the harm to the economy be objective or not?

Because if it's a function of it being real versus perceived. None of us give a shit about 'perceived' harm if there's no actual harm being done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It still gets invested and far more reliably, though, by the consumers who benefit from higher tax receipts.

Sooooo... Really just seems like a function of their fee fees getting injured rather than their actual welfare.
    If they knew how to invest properly, they'd have more wealth in the first place.

You never did say how much more you can easily afford?

Things an absurd reach.

No its not, its an asset like any other asset (in this case property = stock).

why should i pay property tax on my property each year when i have no capital gains on the property?
    Why should i be re-assessed on that property each year and pay taxes on the increased value of the house when i have not sold the property?

Its the same question you stated. Why should the stockholder be forced to pay taxes on the stock when they have not sold it yet. Why should they pay taxes on the increased value of the stock if they have not sold the stock yet?

its the exact same scenario involving two different assets.

The taxation on both of them is meant to help pay for services in this country.

So how is this absurd at all?

Every year on my assets I sent a check. Twice a year actually.
    But Elon Musk did not on his assets did he?

Why not apply the same standards to property and stock??? Are they not both investments?

If they keep taxing my property investments it will
    It disappears from their (MY) hands, and they (I) can't invest it.
    They are hurting the economy!!! Killing investments!!! lets just ignore the actual fundamentals and performance of the housing market shall we?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they knew how to invest properly, they'd have more wealth in the first place.
    They do know how to invest properly. By consuming.

Or have you forgotten how a consumer economy functions? Lol. Adam Smith is rolling in his grave right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No its not, its an asset like any other asset (in this case property = stock).

why should i pay property tax on my property each year when i have no capital gains on the property?
    Why should i be re-assessed on that property each year and pay taxes on the increased value of the house when i have not sold the property?

Its the same question you stated. Why should the stockholder be forced to pay taxes on the stock when they have not sold it yet. Why should they pay taxes on the increased value of the stock if they have not sold the stock yet?

its the exact same scenario involving two different assets.

The taxation on both of them is meant to help pay for services in this country.

So how is this absurd at all?

Every year on my assets I sent a check. Twice a year actually.
    But Elon Musk did not on his assets did he?

Why not apply the same standards to property and stock??? Are they not both investments?

If they keep taxing my property investments it will

They are hurting the economy!!! Killing investments!!! lets just ignore the actual fundamentals and performance of the housing market shall we?
    How much are you taxed on your house when you sell it?

How do you know he didn't send in checks?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-10 at 10:19 PM.

by using other peoples words, not actually presenting anything yourself, sure, you've done a fabulous job convincing yourself of such things.
    I provided numerous sources.

Enjoy!

I provided numerous sources.

Enjpy!
    that other people have said. not you. it would be great to hear something that you actually believe.

that other people have said. not you. that's the point.
    I cited multiple sources, sites, data, and definitions.

Your willful ignorance won't change that fact.

I cited multiple sources, sites, data, and definitions.

Your willful ignorance won't change that fact.
    sources like the same article in the OP? and just the fact you take this position that you already have evidence to counter what I'm arguing when I haven't even specified what it is I want evidence of???? kind of sus dude.

sources like the same article in the OP? and just the fact you take this position that you already have evidence to counter what I'm arguing when I haven't even specified what it is I want evidence of???? kind of sus dude.
    I have provided more than a dozen, so feel free to keep ignoring it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The circus really does just never end, huh?

"Anyone that disagrees with me are obviously..."

How cute.

Nice to see we also got abortion and the "Gifts to the United States" address in yet another thread, too, because the "arguments" are the same bullshit in every thread.

Can a mod not just lock this circus down already?
    Why? I'm providing evidence for my claims, and have tried to keep it on-topic.

Of course, you are free to participate, or not.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-10 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Where's the evidence a wealth tax would put them at a deficit?
    The annualized ROI of the S&P 500 is above 10%. 2%<10% (it was over 13% this last decade). It wouldn't put them at a deficit unless they're doing MUCH worse than average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

- - - Updated - - -

I did.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Things an absurd reach.

I've pointed this out in a previous post in this thread that a wealth tax that is being proposed is the same as a property tax that every homeowner has to pay. If you own physical property, you pay property tax. That is a wealth tax as it is based on the value of a property. If you refuse to pay it, the locality can forcefully foreclose on your home and sell it for basically what tax is owed. It is up to the homeowner to come up with said money to pay for it. If they have to sell the possessions in the house to do so, that is up to them. So, no, it isn't a reach.

Stocks should be treated the same as they are generally considered property. The only exemption that I have put in the past(in this very thread) are investments that are designed specifically(and have specific rules attached to them) for retirement purposes. If a stock holder has to sell stock to come up with a "Stock tax", that is up to them.

If homeowners have to pay a tax on their property, why don't stock holders have to on theirs?

How much are you taxed on your house when you sell it?

How do you know he didn't send in checks?
    Depends on how much i sell it for. Depends if i get re-married. Depends if i do improvements before i sell it. etc etc

As with proposed wealth taxes there would be a floor for which no taxes would apply as well as other limits/specifics.

Since it would be the properties second sale in such a short time frame it would be subject to the tax bracket based on value for short term capital gains. Its also not my residence its my Ex's so I would be subject to capital gains taxes.

Tens of millions of homeowners would be required to pay capital gains on taxes on their houses. So why is the govt trying to take away their houses by taxing them every year even when they are not trying to sell their houses?
    ?

?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Depends on how much i sell it for. Depends if i get re-married. Depends if i do improvements before i sell it. etc etc

As with proposed wealth taxes there would be a floor for which no taxes would apply as well as other limits/specifics.

Since it would be the properties second sale in such a short time frame it would be subject to the tax bracket based on value for short term capital gains. Its also not my residence its my Ex's so I would be subject to capital gains taxes.

Tens of millions of homeowners would be required to pay capital gains on taxes on their houses. So why is the govt trying to take away their houses by taxing them every year even when they are not trying to sell their houses?
    ?

?
    That's the point, the sale on most houses is far, far lower of a tax burden. Most people pay no federal taxes when they sell.

Now, imagine it were 20+ percent.

Oh, and regarding the property taxes, that's levied by local governments.