Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When I think of the word "furry", I usually think about crappy art on deviantart or tumblr. To me, furry is more of an artstyle than just "anthromorphized animals". Tauren certainly do not look in any way like crappy furry fanart. Worgen? A little bit yes. Pandaren? No. Vulpera? Absolutely yes. Hrothgar? A little bit (Hrothgar are a strange mix of Kingdom Hearts, bara, and furry). Mi'qote? No, that's just an anime catgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When I think of the word "furry", I usually think about crappy art on deviantart or tumblr. To me, furry is more of an artstyle than just "anthromorphized animals". Tauren certainly do not look in any way like crappy furry fanart. Worgen? A little bit yes. Pandaren? No. Vulpera? Absolutely yes. Hrothgar? A little bit (Hrothgar are a strange mix of Kingdom Hearts, bara, and furry). Mi'qote? No, that's just an anime catgirl.
    Yeah WoW is a furry centric game in that regard. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, you like what you like. Me personally I have more problems with the cartoony and goofy character models.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also find certain social aspect a bit annoying.

Bear in mind that I mean no offence here. I do not care about them at all, I believe that everyone is free to do/be what comes into their minds.. as long as it does not affect me obviously.

The gay RP community in FF14 is a bit too much. Sorry, but just like all of us play the game without trying to drag attention, why can´t they do the same?

Again, please, no offense. It has little to do with them being gay or not. It is the simple fact that, honestly, it seems like every post on forums has to be multicolored all over, all the photos from in-game they share, have to be some sort of proud gay thing.

Again (for the third time), no offense intended, but why can´t they act like all the other communities? you know there are sort of gothic themed people playing it too, but they are perfectly integrated with the rest.. literally non else needs to stand out and call for attention so much as this collective does.

It only bothers me in a cosmetic way, as to say. So yeah, no big deal lol, but damn it, be like everyone else, you are very welcome in the game and so on.

Now please, none take this out of context. Seems to be very popular to use the racist or homophobic card out of the blue, for no reason. As I said, it could be any other of the many "collectives" in the game.. it happens to be this one that makes so much fucking noise and again, it is my opinion, that´s all

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I also find certain social aspect a bit annoying.

Bear in mind that I mean no offence here. I do not care about them at all, I believe that everyone is free to do/be what comes into their minds.. as long as it does not affect me obviously.

The gay RP community in FF14 is a bit too much. Sorry, but just like all of us play the game without trying to drag attention, why can´t they do the same?

Again, please, no offense. It has little to do with them being gay or not. It is the simple fact that, honestly, it seems like every post on forums has to be multicolored all over, all the photos from in-game they share, have to be some sort of proud gay thing.

Again (for the third time), no offense intended, but why can´t they act like all the other communities? you know there are sort of gothic themed people playing it too, but they are perfectly integrated with the rest.. literally non else needs to stand out and call for attention so much as this collective does.

It only bothers me in a cosmetic way, as to say. So yeah, no big deal lol, but damn it, be like everyone else, you are very welcome in the game and so on.

Now please, none take this out of context. Seems to be very popular to use the racist or homophobic card out of the blue, for no reason. As I said, it could be any other of the many "collectives" in the game.. it happens to be this one that makes so much fucking noise and again, it is my opinion, that´s all
    I legit didn't even know there are (big) gay RP communities? Given i don't really hang out for long in the main cities with maybe the exception of Eulmore of the Firmament, but i never really noticed people writing anything. Only that when i reach Gridania or Limsa, i immediately ge blasted by what feels ike 50 Bards playing crap at the same time. Most i see is people using emotes, but i never pay attention to what they do.
    Maybe that's just your server or a specific city/spot like Goldshire is for WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    I legit didn't even know there are (big) gay RP communities? Given i don't really hang out for long in the main cities with maybe the exception of Eulmore of the Firmament, but i never really noticed people writing anything. Only that when i reach Gridania or Limsa, i immediately ge blasted by what feels ike 50 Bards playing crap at the same time. Most i see is people using emotes, but i never pay attention to what they do.
    Maybe that's just your server or a specific city/spot like Goldshire is for WoW?
    I was annoyed at all the random people performing too until I found out I could just turn it off in the sound settings. It makes going back to the cities much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I was annoyed at all the random people performing too until I found out I could just turn it off in the sound settings. It makes going back to the cities much better.
    maybe i have not been around it enough yet, but even though i have other cities i can go, and spend time in, i love just afking in Limsa Lominsa. It allows me to be in a crowd without, you know, actually being around people lol. I like the chaos and the noise, though i do wish the crowd audio had a bit longer time before it looped (the male lala laugh is cute and funny, the random Mi'quote moan....less so). I find my just hanging in town crafting or chatting with friends between roulettes or just for fun. It is one of the things that i really dont get in other games, the crowds feel more fleshed out in this game.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Hey guys (no homo),

I just want to say completely unrelatedly to anyone else's post (no homo) in this thread and PLEASE don't take this the wrong way I think everybody should be allowed to play FFXIV. But (no homo) and I want to be really clear I don't hate gay people...

I just really hate gay people and I want them not to be allowed to express that they exist in-game or on forums outside the game or even in pictures (apparently).

Also please don't take my naked bigotry 'out of context' (I.e quote my naked bigotry and expect me to own it instead of dog whistling) and just play the homeopathic card out of nowhere (did I mention no homo?).
    Also, I just want to be crystal clear it could have been any minority 'collective' I came here to make an unsolicited post about, I just happened to choose the one I hate the most that is the loudest.
    Well, that's my opinion anyway (NB: I believe the word opinion is a magic incantation that immunises me from criticism and nothing anyone can say will dislodge that belief. no homo)
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Hey guys (no homo),

I just want to say completely unrelatedly to anyone else's post (no homo) in this thread and PLEASE don't take this the wrong way I think everybody should be allowed to play FFXIV. But (no homo) and I want to be really clear I don't hate gay people...

I just really hate gay people and I want them not to be allowed to express that they exist in-game or on forums outside the game or even in pictures (apparently).

Also please don't take my naked bigotry 'out of context' (I.e quote my naked bigotry and expect me to own it instead of dog whistling) and just play the homeopathic card out of nowhere (did I mention no homo?).
    Also, I just want to be crystal clear it could have been any minority 'collective' I came here to make an unsolicited post about, I just happened to choose the one I hate the most that is the loudest.
    Well, that's my opinion anyway (NB: I believe the word opinion is a magic incantation that immunises me from criticism and nothing anyone can say will dislodge that belief. no homo)
    Really bad taste sarcasm...

All the parades because they want to be noticed and accepted by the general public but as soon as you say anything related to the topic or ask a genuine question, you get over the top reaction like yours.
    How are we supposed to have a normal dialog around LGBTQ if everything is turned around against the rest?
    That's why the large majority of people don't like to talk about it and just prefer to ignore the subject in order not to get into polemics and be accused of all sorts of things.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post

All the parades because they want to be noticed and accepted by the general public but as soon as you say anything related to the topic or ask a genuine question, you get over the top reaction like yours.
    How are we supposed to have a normal dialog around LGBTQ if everything is turned around against the rest?
    That's why the large majority of people don't like to talk about it and just prefer to ignore the subject in order not to get into polemics and be accused of all sorts of things.
    Also, and while this is unrelated to FF14, i'd like to point out that the word is tolerance. You don't have to love everything in the world or about it, or support every cause ever... you TOLERATE it.

It seems this latest generation mistakes the word tolerance for forced love/acceptance.

That said, i honestly wasn't throwing out any of that nonsense and know he was making a parody of post #1335, but tolerance means tolerating people and beliefs you don't like/believe in personally.

That encompasses everyone and every belief in society, including the ones you dislike... you tolerate it.

That said, this topic is kind of off topic for FF14 so let's not derail the thread with it and have valid points about the soft art style turned into something it isn't. They tried to bait me the other day with that nonsense

I thought the parody was on point, given the source material was laughable.

If this guy wanted to have an 'honest conversation' he would have used specific examples. For example, why is it the gay RP community specifically? Not the ERP community or just the RP community? What does 'drag attention' mean? Is he offended people are maybe saying 'gay' things in /s? Are people PMing him erp about their dongs?
    honestly, it seems like every post on forums has to be multicolored all over, all the photos from in-game they share
    What about this gem? Is someone forcing him to look at LGBT content outside of the game? Is it the lavender mafia? Should we call the police? No, because that would be silly, because that's not happening.
    He's just upset gay people are allowed to exist in the same space as him, even in optional places outside the game.

You see that's the problem, there is no 'honest question' here, there is no 'normal dialogue'. He is just a bigot that knows he won't get far being honest about it so he's hiding behind platitudes and dog whistles.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Not to be out of line but I've always been perplexed with the whole parade thing. If I had one for for straight pride, I'd be chastised.

Hey guys (no homo),

It's a perfectly valid complaint and would be for ANYTHING, not just LGBTQ stuff.

You can be totally OK with [insert X] yet still NOT be OK with it being practically shoved in your face and down your throat. Having and showing pride is one thing, being an obnoxious zealot is another.

Also, your post was in incredibly poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I believe it is moderated but one thing I've learned about various forums in my many years is that forum rules rarely apply to everyone equally.
    Just the fact that I haven't been banned yet for talking about moderation kinda proves my point. If I did that in the WoW forum I'd get banned within 15 minutes. Same goes for game vs game, nobody cares that threads devolve into game vs game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Too bad that this subforum is unmoderated otherwise we could get rid of some of the trolling and homophobia.
    What homophobia is there in here exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Just the fact that I haven't been banned yet for talking about moderation kinda proves my point. If I did that in the WoW forum I'd get banned within 15 minutes. Same goes for game vs game, nobody cares that threads devolve into game vs game here.
    The WoW forum weaponizes it's reporting system. If me and all my multibox mules or my discord clique mass report you for anything, you'll be banned. I got into it with a blue in the CS forum about it. They want the community to police itself. Vrakthris assured me that each report is looked at by a real person yet the person doesn't even need a high school diploma to even get that job. The justify their actions by lumping things into vague, generic categories like "nonconstructive" which actually accounts for over 90% of the comments made there. So I take the WoW forum moderation with a huge grain of salt. And this is coming from having over 25 years of forum moderation experience.

I'm sure with the population here a lot smaller, they'll allow game vs game as long as it doesn't grow to a flame fest.

I dislike the main quest and how the game pushes it down your throat. I find the story over-complex and I don't find the characters particularly compelling. Maybe I just don't like typical anime character and storytelling tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's a perfectly valid complaint and would be for ANYTHING, not just LGBTQ stuff.
    Yet by some cosmic coincidence, the poster in question just happened to pick a historically marginalized minority group. As I said in another post, it's strange he picked the 'gay RP' community specifically. Not the ERP community or just the RP community in general.

Further, the poster goes on to talk about how distasteful he finds viewing LGBT-associated FFXIV content outside of the game. So I am forced to ask who is making him do this?
    The whole 'These poor bigots wouldn't go around promoting their hateful opinions if the uppity minorities wouldn't "practically shove" themselves down your throat' argument falls on its face when the poster in question starts talking about content not even found in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Also, your post was in incredibly poor taste.
    I find publishing bigotry on public forums distasteful. I'm simply expressing my distaste for it in much the same manner that you are acting in its defense.

I don't like their account system, like I keep getting issues remembering my ID and the "One Time Password" thing was a disaster, where I got a new phone, and their app that generates the "One Time Password" needed a "One Time Password" to use...

I have only leveled to like level 10 or something.

I don't like the extreme focus on teleporting around and "portals". The world does not feel whole at all. Might be just a starting zone issue, but that's my first impression.

I was told this game was so social, but no quests required a group so far.

I was stupid enough to buy the game and now if I ever want to come back, I have to pay subscription fee. While the so called "trial accounts" get to play almost the whole game without paying a cent, my account is forever subscription locked.

I kind of wanted to keep leveling until I got into a dungeon but I don't feel like paying the subscription with this model, and I don't know how long I have to do the very generic questing before I get to do dungeons.

Also the story was supposed to be good? I did not see any good story personally. Maybe the story will come way later but it certainly did a poor job of hooking me into the story from the beginning.

Yet by some cosmic coincidence, the poster in question just happened to pick a historically marginalized minority group. As I said in another post, it's strange he picked the 'gay RP' community specifically. Not the ERP community or just the RP community in general.

Further, the poster goes on to talk about how distasteful he finds viewing LGBT-associated FFXIV content outside of the game. So I am forced to ask who is making him do this?
    The whole 'These poor bigots wouldn't go around promoting their hateful opinions if the uppity minorities wouldn't "practically shove" themselves down your throat' argument falls on its face when the poster in question starts talking about content not even found in the game

I find publishing bigotry on public forums distasteful. I'm simply expressing my distaste for it in much the same manner that you are acting in its defense.
    Do me a favour, google the word bigot, and then the word irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Do me a favour, google the word bigot, and then the word irony.
    It's the lefts who are the real bigots! Loving every laugh my friend.

Also with respect to your previous question re the precence of homophobia
    Also, he isn’t wearing a suit and tie tho, is he? He’s dressed up like he’s about to receive a human booster shot from a guy named Jim, not slay monsters.
    This poster went on a 14-page spree complaining about artstyle on FFXIV being 'feminine' culminating in the gem quoted above which in my professional opinion (as a lawyer admitted in Australia and England and Wales) unambiguously homophobic. As it likens a style of dress to a homosexual act, is demeaning of a homosexual act, and speaking about homosexual acts in a derogatory manner.