Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    What an absolutely uninspired pile of..... nothing.

Starting to wonder if Kotick didn't just want "to take all the fun out of making video games" but to also take the fun out of games.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I see this argument made all the time with no supporting evidence. Ask anyone in game. Many will speak up.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you ask open mindedness when the game itself is closed as fuck. Invisible walls, god awful intro quests, loading screens everywhere.. It was one of my worst gaming experiences.
    It might come as a shock for you but some people have different tastes. I wasn't bothered by the walls that much, I prefer the intro questline to any of the WoW starting experiences beside the worgen and while the loading screens are indeed annoying they aren't a dealbreaker for me. There are far many things I like about the thing than dislike.

Still, you tried it. That's all I personally ask of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I play TBC because that is good Wow AND IT'S FUN. Current WoW is garbage which is why 9.0 was the end of retail for me. I stuck it through ALL of BFA despite the fact that its systems that it used to sell the game were complete failures.

Blizzard sells systems that fail. Islands? Failed. Warfronts? HUGE FAILURE. It was such a failure...that after the 2nd warfront sucked....they just stopped making them for the rest of bfa.
    The stat stick that we had for a necklace? They had to create a system for it DURING bfa because it was a failure.
    Azerite armor where they said it offered choices and made it to where you could play your class differently depending on what you picked?
    Their was no choice. Their was simply "pick this" and everything else is a waste.

And now we have Shadowlands. Where their new systems once again offer you one real choice. And all it is is an ability we used to have by talents or by the artifact weapons we had in legion.
    We have choreghast which is another DUD. We have the MAW which sucks. The raids are mediocre.

Yeah, it's not me..it's blizzard. And you need to stop shilling for them.
    fun is subjective, i HATED and utterly DISPISED tbc when it was current i didn't enjoy it at all but i loved wrath, ill agree that warfonts were a disaster but that still wotn get me to play tbc

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Almost no story? We are likely seeing the first appearance of Elune since it has an encrypted cinematic.This is the problem. The criticisms are not grounded in reality and instead dismiss anything simply because they don't like the current state of the game. There is nothing about this patch that makes it C-tier when compared to other WoW patches or even on its own.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mind providing the source for those? Because the latest remarks from the investor meeting was talking about games in the pipeline seeing no significant impact. It wasn't talking about WoW which is already released but referring to all the non-released products still meeting the milestones they set pre-pandemic. Everything else indicates that there were impacts to development with working from home even in employees adjusted quickly.

https://fortune.com/2020/11/24/blizz...deo-games-wfh/ that article also seems to indicate that there were issues encountered that impacted the work flow even if it was small issues one at a time.
    I'm not your personal Google assistant. Do it yourself. Hell, these interviews are even posted here, on MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It might come as a shock for you but some people have different tastes. I wasn't bothered by the walls that much, I prefer the intro questline to any of the WoW starting experiences beside the worgen and while the loading screens are indeed annoying they aren't a dealbreaker for me. There are far many things I like about the thing than dislike.

Still, you tried it. That's all I personally ask of people.
    I think they could absolutely rake in a ton of people if they gave the game one last revisioning. Remove those invisible walls, gut that intro experience, and turn the game into a true, borderless open world experience in the same way WoW is.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    No.

They've literally said that 9.1 is the first patch created through at-home work.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...stas-Patch-9-1

Quote:

Patch 9.1 Time Frame
    Patch 9.1 is the first content developed completely from work at home.
    There is more content already well in the way for the future and it is coming along well.
    We will see. If we see 9.1.5 in September and 9.2 in November, I'll believe things are back to normal. But if 9.2 will be early 2022, working from home clearly is still slower.

Sooner than I expected, honestly. Happy to see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not your personal Google assistant. Do it yourself. Hell, these interviews are even posted here, on MMO-C.
    It is always weird when people turn hostile just because you ask them to share the source of the claims. It usually means you have nothing to actually back it up and as I provided links that refute your claim it looks to be that way.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We will see. If we see 9.1.5 in September and 9.2 in November, I'll believe things are back to normal. But if 9.2 will be early 2022, working from home clearly is still slower.
    Yeah, it's all up in the air as far as the next patch goes for sure. With the vaccinations rolling out it'd be odd if they continued working exclusively from home for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is always weird when people turn hostile just because you ask them to share the source of the claims. It usually means you have nothing to actually back it up and as I provided links that refute your claim it looks to be that way.
    It's weird when someone demands a source when they have Google at their fingertips. It usually means they bank on using the laziness of others as a way to "prove" they are wrong.

Sorry, you got a source on it meaning that?

It's weird when someone demands a source when they have Google at their fingertips. It usually means they bank on using the laziness of others as a way to "prove" they are wrong.

Sorry, you got a source on it meaning that?
    Aren’t you the one making the claim? If you make the claim the burden of proof is on you, not the burden of “haha you now have to look thru multiple articles for the specific instance of what I’m quoting.”

so happy...people can talk so much shit about this game but honestly if it wasnt for this long delay Shadowlands would be in a great spot right now. I hope blizzard is able to go back to normal productions times soon if and when covid restrictions lift in california

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    well its more because of heavy restrictions in cali, thats why FFXIV hasnt had much production issues. they were allowed back in the office but all desks were seperated by 6ft and whatever else they needed to do

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I'm not sure you know what the term splitting hairs means. I'm saying that the term Mega Dungeon is a gimmick. This is the equivalent of Coke marketing "New Coke" without ever changing the ingredients. The term Mega Dungeon was cooked up in a marketing department as a way of trying to get hardcore stans excited for the release of something that has always been present. These things have literally been around since vanilla (LBRS and Stratholme say hi) so all of the people screaming about how it's such an exciting new feature can honestly fuck right off.
    You have no understanding of marketing. Especially when you quote one if the most famous marketing case studies and get it sooooo wrong.

It's a description of what it is. A mega dungeon. There are plenty of examples of this before Legion but that doesn't change what it is. If Tryhard Terrys get excited that's fine. Casual Andys like yourself can be excited too. Or don't. I'm not your mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The sudden announcement makes me think this fucker got rushed out of the gates lol

Blizzard better be sure this version is indeed release worthy, they definitely can't afford to have this much of a content drought towards the very first patch AND have it be a mediocre one at it.
    What's sudden about the announcement? It's been about 7 months. The announcement is overdue. That's the word you are looking for. Don't let some YouTuber tell you what to think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Everyone crying should just play tbc. Haven't had this much fun since wotlk. Questing blows away the Disney cut scenes of live and pvp is more than. Getting bursted use CD. Bursting use CDs. Every single ability has weight. Even if it's just mana. You can feel each item. Tons of fun effects and bonuses.

If you don't like either just get a life or move on. No need to be addicted.
    The quests in TBC are terrible and boring. Kill 50 mobs? Kill 30 mobs 6 times? Look for actual shit on the ground? Kill mobs to get 15 of an item with 30% drop rate? Not fun at all. But at least they were better than SL. That was the worst quest experience ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Where do we get the previous season gear at please?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    so happy...people can talk so much shit about this game but honestly if it wasnt for this long delay Shadowlands would be in a great spot right now. I hope blizzard is able to go back to normal productions times soon if and when covid restrictions lift in california
    Most of the covid restrictions were lifted on the 15th, 3 days ago. The only restrictions for business are masks, and that will be revisited in September. All of Blizzard is free to return to the office now, if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    You know... I think in going to keep playing FFXIV instead. Just started and having a blast. 9.1 doesn't really offer me anything I really want to engage with.

Sad thing to say considering this is the first time I've chosen another game over a WoW patch.
    It's not sad at all. You are one of 10s of millions to either play or quit. You are not special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Lmao they see people leaving the game in droves and the patch likely isn't fully tested but hey! Release the patch so they can try and drag people back for a month.
    Thanks Armchair Andy for your analysis. If it's not released now then it's "ZOMG they are desperate. It's not fully tested. They're trying to compete with <insert random game> release *heavy breathing*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Well it's releasing only days away from august, so not that amazing.
    9.0 was released says before August too. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

3+ Year Old Account
    I was honestly starting to expect July given how long it took to release a patch date. Guess I have to hit the grindstone on the last few things I intend on working out the next week and a half.

If the cutscenes ship in this state (particularly the one where Sylvanas flies away like a deflated balloon, reminds me of the silly Ursoc fight)... man, I don't know. Where did Blizzard's ingame cutscene team go after making Starcraft 2?

5+ Year Old Account

I think they could absolutely rake in a ton of people if they gave the game one last revisioning. Remove those invisible walls, gut that intro experience, and turn the game into a true, borderless open world experience in the same way WoW is.
    Whatever they will do it will remain strongy narrative driven so everything will still be tied to the MSQ. Expecting otherwise is like expecting Don't Starve to become a racing game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I was honestly starting to expect July given how long it took to release a patch date. Guess I have to hit the grindstone on the last few things I intend on working out the next week and a half.
    Well it is just one day away, so you weren't very wrong. And hey, if the unexpected happens and we get a few days delay, you win.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    If we don't have big breaks like Christmas, 9.1 goes exactly same way as any patch in modern WoW. Sometimes even they don't give date until last week, but it's always obvious cause there is end of season warning.

Of course overall patch is really late, but since PTR started (and we could see progress) people screaming about August release had no idea what they talked about. Including streamers, which is ridicolous, they are people that play this game often 10+ years and often think they are smarter than devs. But whenever I said 9.1 is coming in June, cause it's boost for Q2 numbers and PTR last ~10 weeks, maany people said it's unrealistic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If the cutscenes ship in this state (particularly the one where Sylvanas flies away like a deflated balloon, reminds me of the silly Ursoc fight)... man, I don't know. Where did Blizzard's ingame cutscene team go after making Starcraft 2?
    So it really does suck even after 7 months. Got it.