Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Soooo are you playing FF14?
    Of course not. I did try it out.
    It is the game with the greatest ratio of toxic players I have ever played. And the toxic players are even encouraged to bully and harass the non-toxic players.
    Not a game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It is the game with the greatest ratio of toxic players I have ever played. And the toxic players are even encouraged to bully and harass the non-toxic players.
    Not a game for me.
    LOL .. good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Football and soccer are competitive sports. The whole point is to perform better than your opponents. Everyone who opt in to such activities are generally on the same page. Hardly comparable to a video game that you play to relax. You don't watch movies competitively do you?
    That would be true for a single-player video game.
    Here we are talking about a multi-player game and the exact same social rules apply here as they do for any multi-player game, that can be handball, football, basketball etc.
    No normal persons wants to play with people that don't try or make an effort.
    A person that goes in to any activity with other human beings and not making an effort is a toxic entitled person. Exactly a person that FFXIV to a great extent is made for.

Trying, making an effort does not mean that you have to be "good". It is about attitude and respect for your fellow human being.
    You can find people that are "good" at games that are toxic entitled and don't want to make an effort. Nobody likes such people.

Football and soccer are competitive sports. The whole point is to perform better than your opponents. Everyone who opt in to such activities are generally on the same page. Hardly comparable to a video game that you play to relax. You don't watch movies competitively do you?
    "Yeah well I'm gonna watch Endgame WAY HARDER AND MORE EFFICIENT THAN YOU ARE!" is exactly the same logic and I'm so happy you put it into such a way. Thank you for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a game for me.
    So you have never played the game and probably based your view off a person on the WoW official forums who got banned for being nasty/toxic to players on FFXIV. Because the whole "the toxic players are even encouraged to bully and harass the non-toxic players." portion of your post literally describes WoW. Not FFXIV. You actively get banned if you bully and harass people on FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be true for a single-player video game.
    Here we are talking about a multi-player game and the exact same social rules apply here as they do for any multi-player game, that can be handball, football, basketball etc.
    No normal persons wants to play with people that don't try or make an effort.
    A person that goes in to any activity with other human beings and not making an effort is a toxic entitled person. Exactly a person that FFXIV to a great extent is made for.

Trying, making an effort does not mean that you have to be "good". It is about attitude and respect for your fellow human being.
    You can find people that are "good" at games that are toxic entitled and don't want to make an effort. Nobody likes such people.
    You further show you've never actually played the game. Normal people play games to have fun. There is a portion of the community for the hardcore/competitive players in FFXIV. But most players just want to have fun. Expecting people to play the way you want them to in more casual things in the game is the real toxic attitude. If people were refusing to play properly in the higher difficulty tiers in FFXIV, you MIGHT have a point. But since that pretty much never happens since those activities are typically not done with random groups, you have absolutely no leg to stand on.

Stop stating opinions about a game you have NEVER played.

Not a game for me.
    This shows without question that you never touched FFXIV lol. The community is the most helpful to new players that I've EVER seen in a mmo. Sounds like it might be a you problem, not a FFXIV problem, especially considering the support team actively throw toxic players in an in-game jail so that they can't participate in content. Most players will not repeat a toxic action twice because the team actually cares about a healthy community.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This shows without question that you never touched FFXIV lol. The community is the most helpful to new players that I've EVER seen in a mmo. Sounds like it might be a you problem, not a FFXIV problem, especially considering the support team actively throw toxic players in an in-game jail so that they can't participate in content. Most players will not repeat a toxic action twice because the team actually cares about a healthy community.
    He's been making comments like that all thread. As you said, the community actually is super helpful towards each other with toxic players getting quickly weeded out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Toxic player = a player that doesn't want to make an effort in a group-based game and expects other people to carry him. And when that toxic player is called out by other people for not putting in an effort then he in FFXIV is encouraged by the developers to snitch on these people that then get harassed and persecuted.

Toxic player = not respecting your fellow gamers time and effort.

FFXIV is a game that to a great extent caters for toxic entitled people.

Toxic player = a player that doesn't want to make an effort in a group-based game and expects other people to carry him. And when that toxic player is called out by other people for not putting in an effort then he in FFXIV is encouraged by the developers to snitch on these people that then get harassed and persecuted.

lmfao Nobody does that in FFXIV. I've never once been in a group where someone didn't pull their weight and expected people to carry them. It happens all the time in WoW though, especially in LFD and LFR. And the people who get "snitched on" were likely being dicks about their comments. Probably making super toxic comments like "So are you going to play or just put us on follow like a worthless pieces of shit?" Oh and those players don't get harassed and persecuted. They get reported and banned so nobody has to deal with their toxic behavior anymore.

Once again, stop making comments about a game you have NEVER played.

10+ Year Old Account

World first raider here people ^.

How would you know if that person is not giving it their all. Maybe they are, maybe not, but if you join a group of randoms, you are at fault for thinking everything will run smooth. You want it to run smooth, get friends to join you. You are correct there is a chance you will run into THAT guy who just want to ruin the fun for the rest, but it is not as many as you would think. (and no I havnt played FF14 yet, but it is the same with WoW.) Anyway by your logic of a toxic player, you are one aswell, since I might be trying to play good, but lack the ability or knowledge on how to press the buttons in the right order at the right time, so I press it like I think it should be pressed, I dont do enough dps according to you so you kick me from the group, now who did not respect his fellow gamers time and effort? See where this is going?

The vast majority of gamers do not watch guide vids or go to sites to learn how to optimise their dps, since they just play it for fun. It is a really small portion of players that actually read guides and watch vids on how to improve their performance. Without the "casuals" these MMO's will not last very long at all. So stop being toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmfao Nobody does that in FFXIV. I've never once been in a group where someone didn't pull their weight and expected people to carry them. It happens all the time in WoW though, especially in LFD and LFR. And the people who get "snitched on" were likely being dicks about their comments. Probably making super toxic comments like "So are you going to play or just put us on follow like a worthless pieces of shit?" Oh and those players don't get harassed and persecuted. They get reported and banned so nobody has to deal with their toxic behavior anymore.

Once again, stop making comments about a game you have NEVER played.
    Why are you so obsessed with commenting on WoW in almost all of your posts? This thread is about what issues people have with FF14 and all you do is defend FF14 constantly and just bring up how bad WoW is.

You do realise that there can be bad things with FF even if there are worse things with WoW? Why are you so obsessed with bringing up how bad WoW is all the time? That has nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with commenting on WoW in almost all of your posts? This thread is about what issues people have with FF14 and all you do is defend FF14 constantly and just bring up how bad WoW is.

You do realise that there can be bad things with FF even if there are worse things with WoW? Why are you so obsessed with bringing up how bad WoW is all the time? That has nothing to do with this thread.
    I'm bringing up the fact that he is literally criticizing FFXIV with the very thing that is a problem in WoW and not FFXIV. He claims the community is toxic and groups are toxic and people will harass and persecute you. That absolutely does NOT happen in FFXIV and is something that happens very VERY frequently in WoW. I bring it up because he is making comments about game he has never played while applying negative aspects of WoW to FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean you are objectively wrong about that, but at this rate it seems like you are just trying to stir the pot. Regardless I would rather have someone be sub optimal than someone being a huge dick to everyone. The reason WoWs community has gotten so bad is because Blizzard refuses to actually do anything about it.

"Yeah well I'm gonna watch Endgame WAY HARDER AND MORE EFFICIENT THAN YOU ARE!" is exactly the same logic and I'm so happy you put it into such a way. Thank you for that.
    Exactly. If you're comparing it to sports you also have to compare it to the different types in which people play those sports.
    If it's a professional soccer team yeah everyone should try their absolute best in order to win, this would be ultimate/extreme or even savage in FFXIV.
    If it's a bunch of preschoolers who play soccer in gym class perhaps it's not appropriate to expect them to have the same mentality as Manchester United, and matchmade content in FFXIV (or any game really) is more like that, most people aren't there to be the best of the best but to have fun and have a relaxing experience. It would be like Lionel Messi showing up to preschool and being absolutely furious that the preschoolers aren't taking things seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I mean you are objectively wrong about that, but at this rate it seems like you are just trying to stir the pot.
    T-34 has been doing that for the entirety of this post. I suggest that you report him for trolling, hope that it gets a result and put him on ignore. His view on toxicity is preschoolers not pulling their weight in the example above while he himself is Lionel Messi. This is objectively wrong.

I'm bringing up the fact that he is literally criticizing FFXIV with the very thing that is a problem in WoW and not FFXIV. He claims the community is toxic and groups are toxic and people will harass and persecute you. That absolutely does NOT happen in FFXIV and is something that happens very VERY frequently in WoW. I bring it up because he is making comments about game he has never played while applying negative aspects of WoW to FFXIV.
    His experience may be different than yours, I have played ff14 extensively and even was in the original beta and launch, and the ff14 community isn’t the most toxic in the mmorpg landscape, that statement was absurd, but they are by far the most thin skinned

If you say you dislike any portion of ff14, you are attacked, mocked, called insults, etc

The ff14 community desperately needs to learn to brush off any and all criticism of the game. I can insult WoW, eso, or any other mmo and its fans don’t lead a crusade but say you hate ff14 over this or that and you may end up doxxed

Example: I said I thought the art style was feminine. That’s fine, it’s just one dudes opinion... but ff14 fans spent pages here insulting me, belittling my opinion, and trying to one up me and when that didn’t work they just went full on label mode and your some kind -phobe if you dislike ff14 art. People have been doxxed over this

The community needs to grow thick skin and if someone insults their game... let. It. Go.

Where did I say that the average players care about me or anybody else?
    Bettering yourself is done in comparison to yourself, not anybody else, and no matter what your starting skill/ability is.

The poster I quoted assumed like the toxic elitist that he is that "average" players have no interest in becoming better.
    Are you also a toxic elitist and assuming that "average" players don't find it fun to become better?
    I'm not saying they don't at all. I'm saying the average player doesn't care if they are getting better or not. They just want to play a video game for entertainment in their leisure time. There is no greater purpose. They get enjoyment out of playing the game, by doing things. Being more successful at doing things can give them more enjoyment because they can get more accomplished in a period of time, but the fact they are getting better at the game never crosses their mind unless someone else says something. It's the difference between playing to win and playing for fun. You may derive fun from winning, but you won't enjoy the rest of the game.

Exactly. If you're comparing it to sports you also have to compare it to the different types in which people play those sports.
    If it's a professional soccer team yeah everyone should try their absolute best in order to win, this would be ultimate/extreme or even savage in FFXIV.
    If it's a bunch of preschoolers who play soccer in gym class perhaps it's not appropriate to expect them to have the same mentality as Manchester United, and matchmade content in FFXIV (or any game really) is more like that, most people aren't there to be the best of the best but to have fun and have a relaxing experience. It would be like Lionel Messi showing up to preschool and being absolutely furious that the preschoolers aren't taking things seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

T-34 has been doing that for the entirety of this post. I suggest that you report him for trolling, hope that it gets a result and put him on ignore.
    Precisely. He is basically that one dad at every Little League game that talks shit on all the other kids because they're not World Series worthy athletes. It's why the community of WoW has become a cesspool. Blizzard doesn't punish people for being toxic. They practically encourage it. Meanwhile, if you're nasty in a matchmade group in FFXIV, you're very likely getting banned when someone reports you. But people like T-34 expect everyone to play perfectly even when matched with randoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    His experience may be different than yours, I have played ff14 extensively and even was in the original beta and launch, and the ff14 community isn’t the most toxic in the mmorpg landscape, that statement was absurd, but they are by far the most thin skinned

If you say you dislike any portion of ff14, you are attacked, mocked, called insults, etc

The ff14 community desperately needs to learn to brush off any and all criticism of the game. I can insult WoW, eso, or any other mmo and its fans don’t lead a crusade but say you hate ff14 over this or that and you may end up doxxed

Example: I said I thought the art style was feminine. That’s fine, it’s just one dudes opinion... but ff14 fans spent pages here insulting me, belittling my opinion, and trying to one up me and when that didn’t work they just went full on label mode and your some kind -phobe if you dislike ff14 art. People have been doxxed over this

The community needs to grow thick skin and if someone insults their game... let. It. Go.
    I don't know about your own experiences because it's anecdotal on that end. But I have absolutely been harassed when saying negative things about WoW. It happens constantly on these forums. Hell, it's happened in this very thread. So I wouldn't say FFXIV is universally the most "thin-skinned community". Because there are plenty of people in other MMOs that will viciously attack you for saying negative things about the game. I've been playing FFXIV for 4 months now so I can't say you're wrong 100% or not. But I played WoW for 12 years and it is hands down the most toxic community I've experienced in any game I've ever played.

Also, you are downplaying what you were saying. Many of your comments were incredibly toxic. It wasn't JUST about calling it feminine. you were also basically saying any man that doesn't look like Barrett from FF7 is gay. So don't try to play a victim because we can literally still read your posts.

Precisely. He is basically that one dad at every Little League game that talks shit on all the other kids because they're not World Series worthy athletes. It's why the community of WoW has become a cesspool. Blizzard doesn't punish people for being toxic. They practically encourage it. Meanwhile, if you're nasty in a matchmade group in FFXIV, you're very likely getting banned when someone reports you. But people like T-34 expect everyone to play perfectly even when matched with randoms.
    A simple filter to a dungeon queue would solve this

Do you wanna play with casuals or hardcore gamers? Click the corresponding box

Casuals will have those quick queues and hardcore will get to play with the type they want at the expense of longer waits

You can’t go around just banning everyone who’s mean to you in this world

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    ...Bellular...
    Is Bellular more or less of a meme than Asmongold? Both of them blow anywhere the money goes. Hate views pay the same as like views, after all.

That's the difference. If you criticize WoW then WoW players will agree with you because a lot of them have been disappointed with the game for a very long time.
    In FFXIV is very different, the players love the game, they love the developers and they will get defensive if attacked even if that attack is a small one.
    WoW was exactly the same in the early days, if you criticized WoW during vanilla, TBC or Wrath you'd get a lot of pushback but Cata onwards was a completely different story because that's when exoduses started to happen. If you're on a forums such as this one the person you're talking to could've quit the game years ago, if you're talking ingame you could be talking to someone who has been bitter at the direction of the game for years but is still playing out of addiction, habit or hope that it'll return to "the good old days".

A simple filter to a dungeon queue would solve this

Do you wanna play with casuals or hardcore gamers? Click the corresponding box

Casuals will have those quick queues and hardcore will get to play with the type they want at the expense of longer waits

You can’t go around just banning everyone who’s mean to you in this world
    You're really going to act like banning exceptionally toxic people from a community is a bad thing? Give me a fucking break. WoW lets people get away with saying any nasty thing they want and it's soured the community. FFXIV GMs don't put up with it and they will ban anyone who is being nasty. they don't ban people who say things like "Why weren't you interrupting?". They ban people who make comments like "If you're going to be utterly worthless, just uninstall the fucking game." Stop attempting to play the victim.