Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    The most important part of the development is server meshing but they decided to outsource this to a company that has no history of game development.

One of the backers asked on the forums about the company and got a dev/mod reply of a video where 4 developers of Turbulent introducing themselves but none of them seem to be working on server meshing.

If they can't develop this, the game will never be a mmo.
    I sometimes wonder if server meshing was "outsourced" to Turbulent because Chris knows that it is impossible to fix SC's servers, so he is trying to distance himself. "Oh, well, the contractors weren't able to get the servers fixed! That's not a problem with CIG. We did our best."

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I sometimes wonder if server meshing was "outsourced" to Turbulent because Chris knows that it is impossible to fix SC's servers, so he is trying to distance himself. "Oh, well, the contractors weren't able to get the servers fixed! That's not a problem with CIG. We did our best."
    I'm starting to think the technology just isn't there to make Star Citizen work properly and we're going to have to wait for better servers and internet to be invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm starting to think the technology just isn't there to make Star Citizen work properly and we're going to have to wait for better servers and internet to be invented.
    This has been the concern since feature-creep started getting out of control. Sure, it's ambitious and nobody has tried doing ALL THIS AT ONCE, but that's because it's not really technically feasible and the only chance to try to make it technically feasible is insane amounts of money.

I still remain wholly unconvinced they'll be able to deliver the game as-promised as they hit technical walls in trying to stitch everything together. If that does happen and they have to scale back to release the game, it's gonna be interesting seeing the reaction from the community. "You spent HOW MUCH on server meshing that could have gone to a million other things and it still doesn't work?!" which is precisely why you have project managers that know when to say, "No" rather than just say, "Sure, just give us a lot more money!" to everything.

I hope I'm wrong and they make it all work though, because it sounds grand.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most important part of the development is server meshing but they decided to outsource this to a company that has no history of game development.

One of the backers asked on the forums about the company and got a dev/mod reply of a video where 4 developers of Turbulent introducing themselves but none of them seem to be working on server meshing.

If they can't develop this, the game will never be a mmo.
    According to roadmap server meshing will be ready at Q1 2022 but it just looks like another lie from CIG.

And Chris Roberts owns some shares of this Turbulent company. He is getting paid both ways.
    What a nice way to make money.
    I honestly doubt there is anyone who can develop server meshing to fit the scope of Star Citizen. At this point Chris Roberts would be better saving face and just admitting that it's impossible for the game and that it'll have to have capped server numbers. But considering the game can't even run stable with more than 50 players, even having say a 10k server population is a huge ask, but still a lot more manageable. I honestly believe that it's more a hardware limitation rather than a software one just because of how much bloat the game has as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You do realize we can look at your post history dont you? And funny how none of the haters have attacked Val for saying positive things and yet you have for him saying negative things.......

Why is it that you can never prove anyone wrong and just insult them like you did when I said I think its scummy to put off building ships you sold and selling and buying new ships. Where was my lie in that? Oh wait there wasn't cause SC is actually doing that....

You don't want people saying negative things about the game then stop posting? Notice how every time you get banned the thread starts to die?
    Sure I do and I remember that post and the pictures posted, somehow the host has died so I assume you didn't get to see them.

If you read the post and it's context you might have noticed that In that post I was responding to a user who doubted about the team size or even it's existence, Those photos were group photos of the different studios and dev teams shared by CIG.

I posted "the CIG team started it's adventure around 2012 with 5 crazy folks, kickstarter this and that allowed for a quality increase so a year later they finished 2013 with nearly 60 people working on the game."

And posted the photos shared by CIG that should be something like the picture in the end of this article: https://www.creatorhandbook.net/star...-b72d9ea22458/

This was and is all public information shared by CIG to the backers. As their studios grew or formed across the world they've always shared "family" photos of their staff together as is tradition in many other gaming studios.

Haters don't attack Val because Val doesn't care or dare to correct or challenge them like me.

If you'd been paying attention would notice that I've proven multiple people wrong and clarified multiple misconceptions and lies from several posters. Some, ill intended some just uninformed. Val included. Several times he's been wrong or confused about simple facts that show that he hasn't played much of Star Citizen recently (like not knowing that atmospheric effects like snow storms and sand storms are already ingame) or paying attention as thoroughly to it's development (not knowing that 3.14 patch and Orison was being tested in the PTU, or being disingenuous or just plain wrong by claiming that CIG has missed the Quarterly patches delivery dates by 6 months (January to April is 4 months btw).

Why is it that you can never prove anyone wrong and just insult them like you did when I said I think its scummy to put off building ships you sold and selling and buying new ships. Where was my lie in that? Oh wait there wasn't cause SC is actually doing that....
    If you're ever, ever have just a limited knowledge of a subject - no matter what it is - and that's all you know, you have no place to sit there and try to break it down much less judge it. That's what your rant about CIG ship making model resumed to.

Criticizing a crowdfunded company business model while happily playing one of the most predatory gacha games in the business is just the cherry on top.

You don't want people saying negative things about the game then stop posting? Notice how every time you get banned the thread starts to die?
    Nah it's the way around, if you don't like a game or have anything constructive to post in it's thread you don't have to feel triggered by those who enjoy it and actually take the time to share the news, updates and general information about it's development.

That's how a gaming forum and specific gaming threads work. Or should work.

Server Meshing wasn't "outsourced to another company" what a load of nonsense.

It's development encompasses multiple features and involves the work of all CIG studios. Turbulent included.

The Lead Network Programmer developing Server meshing which is actually from the UK studio and stated just months ago:

We spent a lot of time and effort planning out server meshing until we were confident we had addressed all the major risks and unknowns for the first version. This roadmap includes several integrations of our code back to the development mainline so that our changes are being tested by as many of our fellow developers as soon as possible , and get included in the following quarterly release. Some of these integrations only affect things beneath the surface and haven't, or won't have, any noticeable impact on how players experience the game as whole or its performance. From the outside it may sometimes look like not much progress is being made.

New PTU test incoming:

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-22 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    (like not knowing that atmospheric effects like snow storms and sand storms are already ingame)
    ... I was talking about the atmospheric cloud tech, which is different from the gas cloud tech for small nebulas.

- - - Updated - - -

Server Meshing wasn't "outsourced to another company" what a load of nonsense.[/I]

I will point to the March 2021 monthly report:
    Turbulent Game Services continued working on server meshing, onboarding more team members along the way.
    Turbulent was credited as the primary developer of server meshing. That is outsourcing by most people's definitions, but I have feeling that this is just going to turn into another bout of pedantry, so I digress.

... I was talking about the atmospheric cloud tech, which is different from the gas cloud tech for small nebulas.

Turbulent was credited as the primary developer of server meshing. That is outsourcing by most people's definitions, but I have feeling that this is just going to turn into another bout of pedantry, so I digress.
    Server Meshing is not one single feature but a goal that involves multiple systems, teams along different stages of implementation that's been in development for many years. Turbulent is another studio working on it's part of the implementation.

This graph does a great job of showcasing the road to server meshing: https://prezi.com/view/l5DorjAy1dUz8BoDnuoF/

... I was talking about the atmospheric cloud tech, which is different from the gas cloud tech for small nebulas
    Ah I didn't thought you were specifically talking about the cloud tech because you stated:

There still isn't proper atmospheric effects/clouds/weather in yet so the sky is pretty boring.
    Still odd that you mentioned weather specifically when it's such a stand out feature that they added.

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-23 at 12:07 AM.

Sure I do and I remember that post and the pictures posted, somehow the host has died so I assume you didn't get to see them.

If you read the post and it's context you might have noticed that In that post I was responding to a user who doubted about the team size or even it's existence, Those photos were group photos of the different studios and dev teams shared by CIG.

I posted [B]"the CIG team started it's adventure around 2012 with 5 crazy folks, kickstarter this and that allowed for a quality increase so a year later they finished 2013 with nearly 60 people working on the game."

And posted the photos shared by CIG that should be something like this: [IMG]https://www.creatorhandbook.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/10/1*3Y3iFJKoVDREJeGwK300Tw.png[/IMG]

This was and is all public information shared by CIG to the backers. As their studios grew or formed across the world they've always shared "family" photos of their staff together as is tradition in many other gaming studios.

Haters don't attack Val because Val doesn't care or dare to correct or challenge them like me.

If you'd been paying attention would notice that I've proven multiple people wrong and clarified multiple misconceptions and lies from several posters. Some hill intended some just uninformed. Val included. Several times he's been wrong or confused about simple facts that show that he hasn't played much of Star Citizen recently (like not knowing that atmospheric effects like snow storms and sand storms are already ingame) or paying attention as thoroughly to it's development (not knowing that 3.14 patch and Orison was being tested in the PTU, or being disingenuous or just plain wrong by claiming that CIG has missed the Quarterly patches delivery dates by 6 months (December to April is 4 months btw).

If you're ever, ever have just a limited knowledge of a subject - no matter what it is - and that's all you know, you have no place to sit there and try to break it down much less judge it. That's what your rant about CIG ship making model resumed to.

Criticizing a crowdfunded company business model while happily playing one of the most predatory gacha games in the business is just the cherry on top.

Nah it's the way around, if you don't like a game or have anything constructive to post in it's thread you don't have to feel triggered by those who enjoy it and actually take the time to share the news, updates and general information about it's development.

That's how a gaming forum and specific gaming threads work. Or should work.
    Yeah your post was exactly the way someone working for the company would post and not a user. How many posts in any of the gaming threads sounded like yours?

"haters" don't attack Val because he actual has a balanced view like most of the actual players in this thread. Just look how many actual players in this very thread tell people to either hold off or spend some money but be prepared to never get what you want or wait forever to get it. Only two people attack all negative criticism and those two have constantly had to lie or say crazy shit like that people should have known CR was never going to make the game he promised but what he wanted and you should be happy waiting 20 years for it when it was being sold as being released in a fraction of the time.

When have you ever actually corrected anyone? You just attack them and lie. Care to link any proof? Why do people constantly link stuff that you ignore and yet you can't ever actually link anything? Also why is all the content you try showing off from multiple 100-200 sub youtube accounts? Don't you have your own account? Is the game so buggy you gotta hand pick content from 20 different players? Why does a dev have to specially spawn in content and control it when they know a guy is doing a review of them? Why isn't that base content? Or are they trying to make the game look more fun than it is? Why do you also try and cherry pick your videos to hide all the bugs and stuff? Most of the actual players I have seen talk about the game also show off the bugs.

I have limited knowledge on the subject? What do I need to have a PHD in exploiting people to talk about it? Literally every other fucking game releases the content they sold before selling more shit. You think wow could get away with selling people expansions 35-50 if they had sold expansion 20 and didn't release it yet? Would people be cool with genshin selling characters and not releasing them for years while still selling other characters? No. And what knowledge do you have that gives you the ok to talk about it but not me?

Again you don't seem to understand the problem I have. I don't give a shit if Star Citizen sells million dollar ships. What I have a problem with is them selling ships and not fully implementing them for years while selling more ships. And also LoL that you think Genshin has the most predatory Gacha system. Clearly you haven't played many gacha games and if you were taking your own advice about not talking about shit with limited knowledge then probably should do some research or stop talking.

Again people aren't triggered by people enjoying it. They are "triggered" by people straight up lying and being insulting to any negative opinion. I mean for fucks sake you told me that I couldn't possibly give a shit about people getting scammed out of their money just because I said they shouldn't be selling more ships when they haven't finished all the ones they already sold.

And no a forum shouldn't be all rainbows and sunshine. You should call out shit as you see it. Fallout 76 rightfully deserved all the shit it got there shouldn't just be allowed one 76 dev promoting the game and tricking people into buying the game cause they didn't know about all the flaws.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-06-22 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Hell, Elder Scrolls 6 will be out before SC and it only has a title. GTA 6 might also be released before SC and Rockstar is in no rush to release it seeing as both GTA5 and RDR2 are making a lot of money.
    GTA8 will be out before SC

Yeah your post was exactly the way someone working for the company would post and not a user. How many posts in any of the gaming threads sounded like yours?

"haters" don't attack Val because he actual has a balanced view like most of the actual players in this thread. Just look how many actual players in this very thread tell people to either hold off or spend some money but be prepared to never get what you want or wait forever to get it. Only two people attack all negative criticism and those two have constantly had to lie or say crazy shit like that people should have known CR was never going to make the game he promised but what he wanted and you should be happy waiting 20 years for it when it was being sold as being released in a fraction of the time.

When have you ever actually corrected anyone? You just attack them and lie. Care to link any proof? Why do people constantly link stuff that you ignore and yet you can't ever actually link anything? Also why is all the content you try showing off from multiple 100-200 sub youtube accounts? Don't you have your own account? Is the game so buggy you gotta hand pick content from 20 different players? Why does a dev have to specially spawn in content and control it when they know a guy is doing a review of them? Why isn't that base content? Or are they trying to make the game look more fun than it is? Why do you also try and cherry pick your videos to hide all the bugs and stuff? Most of the actual players I have seen talk about the game also show off the bugs.

I have limited knowledge on the subject? What do I need to have a PHD in exploiting people to talk about it? Literally every other fucking game releases the content they sold before selling more shit. You think wow could get away with selling people expansions 35-50 if they had sold expansion 20 and didn't release it yet? Would people be cool with genshin selling characters and not releasing them for years while still selling other characters? No. And what knowledge do you have that gives you the ok to talk about it but not me?

I don't give a shit if Star Citizen sells million dollar ships. What I have a problem with is them selling ships and not fully implementing them for years while selling more ships. And also LoL that you think Genshin has the most predatory Gacha system. Clearly you haven't played many gacha games and if you were taking your own advice about not talking about shit with limited knowledge then probably should do some research or stop talking.

Again people aren't triggered by people enjoying it. They are "triggered" by people straight up lying and being insulting to any negative opinion. I mean for fucks sake you told me that I couldn't possibly give a shit about people getting scammed out of their money just because I said they shouldn't be selling more ships when they haven't finished all the ones they already sold.

And no a forum shouldn't be all rainbows and sunshine. You should call out shit as you see it. Fallout 76 rightfully deserved all the shit it got there shouldn't just be allowed one 76 dev promoting the game and tricking people into buying the game cause they didn't know about all the flaws.
    So I'm not a user because I post facts and evidences that expose lies and misconceptions?

How can you know if Val has a balanced view if you have little knowledge about the subject at hand? Have you played Star Citizen or followed it's development besides this forum or general headline gaming news?

What you're experiencing is confirmation bias. Something that Val posting leaves open to interpretation by fluctuating between facts and "feelings" of discontent.

When have you ever actually corrected anyone?
    Just the latest crop:

Server Meshing wasn't "outsourced to another company" what a load of nonsense.

It's development encompasses multiple features and involves the work of all CIG studios. Turbulent included.

The Lead Network Programmer developing Server meshing which is actually from the UK studio and stated just months ago:

We spent a lot of time and effort planning out server meshing until we were confident we had addressed all the major risks and unknowns for the first version. This roadmap includes several integrations of our code back to the development mainline so that our changes are being tested by as many of our fellow developers as soon as possible , and get included in the following quarterly release. Some of these integrations only affect things beneath the surface and haven't, or won't have, any noticeable impact on how players experience the game as whole or its performance. From the outside it may sometimes look like not much progress is being made.
    Oh boy you still think that showing how little you know about Star Citizen AND Elite Dangerous is promoting games. So desperate.

BTW, in case you're wondering the guy talking in the last bits of the video is the CEO of Frontier maker of Elite Dangerous and that clip is from 2012*fixed.
    Hummmm what? How do you count 6 months from December to April?

You seem very confused about the quarterly patches since they've been delivered on time for years so here's the link: https://starcitizen.fandom.com/wiki/Patches_notes

We've been testing Crusader and the city Orison are in the Evocati group already. It's a breathtaking city in the clouds that, like all new landing zones, will need a lot of ongoing optimization and polish.

Also why is all the content you try showing off from multiple 100-200 sub youtube accounts? Don't you have your own account?
    Because Youtube is a easy and fast way to provide examples to people who, oddly enough, never played the game but insist that they know better than those who play. How do you know It's not my account in one of those videos?

Again you don't seem to understand the problem I have.
    No I don't, and I don't think I want to.

Clearly you haven't played many gacha games
    No, I can't say I haven't. It's just not my thing so I just stay away from them, that includes forum threads of said games btw.

You should call out shit as you see it.
    That's what I'm doing, somehow you've turned that into thinking I'm trying to make you like/buy Star Citizen.

If any more disclaimers are needed, please stay far away from Star Citizen if it's a polished and finished game you're looking for.

If you're curious about it just wait for a Free-Fly event, and even if you fall into the shiny gfx trap and buy into the alpha, understand that you still have 30 days to refund and get your moneyz.

There.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-23 at 12:58 AM.

So I'm not a user because I post facts and evidences that expose lies and misconceptions?

How can you know if Val has a balanced view if you have little knowledge about the subject at hand? Have you played Star Citizen or followed it's development besides this forum or general headline gaming news?

What you're experiencing is confirmation bias. Something that Val posting leaves open to interpretation by fluctuating between facts and "feelings" of discontent.

Just the latest crop:
    And people corrected your "corrections". Strange how you can never fully respond to a post......

And people corrected your "corrections". Strange how you can never fully respond to a post......
    What exactly did they "corrected"? Can you specify?

What exactly did they "corrected"? Can you specify?
    Dhrizzle;"This quote was completely ripped out of context. Braben was talking about something down the line. He goes on to explain very clearly that the features will come with updates to the game and should not be expected in the initial release.

All he was saying is that when they design the ships they make sure they are built in a way that can accommodate people walking about some time in the future. As far as I'm aware they've never laid down concrete dates for any feature being added to the game so among the community expectations are usually quite well tempered.

That's not to say that the Odyssey launch wasn't a pile of shit, but it was a very industry-typical "oh shit we didn't budget our money and time correctly so now we're releasing what is basically a paid Beta that will hopefully get fixed over time." It's definitely not a good thing for FDev and whether it's forgivable largely relies on how good the game is when everything is fixed."

Val the Moofia Boss"... I was talking about the atmospheric cloud tech, which is different from the gas cloud tech for small nebulas.

- - - Updated - - -

Turbulent was credited as the primary developer of server meshing. That is outsourcing by most people's definitions, but I have feeling that this is just going to turn into another bout of pedantry, so I digress."

Dhrizzle;"This quote was completely ripped out of context. Braben was talking about something down the line. He goes on to explain very clearly that the features will come with updates to the game and should not be expected in the initial release.

All he was saying is that when they design the ships they make sure they are built in a way that can accommodate people walking about some time in the future. As far as I'm aware they've never laid down concrete dates for any feature being added to the game so among the community expectations are usually quite well tempered.

That's not to say that the Odyssey launch wasn't a pile of shit, but it was a very industry-typical "oh shit we didn't budget our money and time correctly so now we're releasing what is basically a paid Beta that will hopefully get fixed over time." It's definitely not a good thing for FDev and whether it's forgivable largely relies on how good the game is when everything is fixed."
    What exactly was corrected there?

Ship Interiors have always been planned for Elite Dangerous future updates and that feature "helped" sell Lifetime accounts.

Something that the poster in question wasn't aware until I pointed it out to him by correcting him and showcasing evidence.

Val the Moofia Boss"... I was talking about the atmospheric cloud tech, which is different from the gas cloud tech for small nebulas.

- - - Updated - - -
    The mention in question was "Atmospheric Weather effects". That the OP clearly stated weren't ingame when they were.

Turbulent was credited as the primary developer of server meshing. That is outsourcing by most people's definitions, but I have feeling that this is just going to turn into another bout of pedantry, so I digress."
    "Turbulent Game Services continued working on server meshing, onboarding more team members along the way. They also delivered the first demo of a fleet management system currently deployed on internal development environments. The configuration service, responsible for distributing client configurations to game clients, was also finalized."

Where does it say they are "Credited as primary developer of server meshing"? It says they continued working, like others do while implementing their part. Because they are all part of the same company.

Turbulent has been working with CIG for 9 years, dealing with web site and server/network infrastructure.
    They did so good that CIG bought 25% of Turbulent. Ofc they will also be involved with server meshing.

Check the roadmap deliverables:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...r/deliverables

Search for: "Server Meshing"

Notice that 8 teams are involved with it?

April Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ort-April-2021

Turbulent

Collaborating with the Core Tech and Networking teams, Turbulent’s Game Services delivered the first iteration of the entity graph service. Many teams depending on this are now able to move forward. An entity graph tool was also created for testing and creating test scenarios.

New teammates were onboarded, who will be focusing on moving Hex to the next level. They started their roles performing maintenance and clearing out high-priority bugs and tasks.

Both teams completed a few support tasks for Alpha 3.13 and its incremental patches, but mostly continued tasks for Alpha 3.14.

Another to the list of "corrections".
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-23 at 01:46 AM.

The mention in question was "Atmospheric Weather effects". That the OP clearly stated weren't ingame when they were.
    I never said anything about the weather.

Hm... it seems they haven't done the atmospheric gas clouds yet.

I never said anything about the weather.
    Sure you did, I quoted your post remember?

Yes, the Star Citizen planets do look nice from a distance, but there isn't much more to do on them than in Elite. 99.98% of planet and moon surfaces in SC are devoid of anything notable, not even wildlife or people walking around. The only things interesting about the planets and moons are 1. the city on a planet, which has a small playable area, 2. the copy pasted generic outposts, and 3. the boring procedurally generated mining caves (with, again, no wildlife in them).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also argue that Star Citizen planets aren't that really impressive thus far. The terrain is pretty boring. There still isn't proper atmospheric effects/clouds/weather in yet so the sky is pretty boring. And the oceans are pretty crap.

The best looking planet in the game are the forests and the snowy peaks of Microtech... and that's it.

What exactly was corrected there?

Ship Interiors have always been planned for Elite Dangerous future updates and that feature "helped" sell Lifetime accounts.

Something that the poster in question wasn't aware until I pointed it out to him by correcting him and showcasing evidence.

"Turbulent Game Services continued working on server meshing, onboarding more team members along the way. They also delivered the first demo of a fleet management system currently deployed on internal development environments. The configuration service, responsible for distributing client configurations to game clients, was also finalized."

Where does it say they are "Credited as primary developer of server meshing"? It says they continued working, like others do while implementing their part. Because they are all part of the same company.

Turbulent has been working with CIG for 9 years, dealing with web site and server/network infrastructure.
    They did so good that CIG bought 25% of Turbulent. Ofc they will also be involved with server meshing.

Check the roadmap deliverables:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...r/deliverables

Search for: "Server Meshing"

Notice that 8 teams are involved with it?

April Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ort-April-2021

Turbulent

Collaborating with the Core Tech and Networking teams, Turbulent’s Game Services delivered the first iteration of the entity graph service. Many teams depending on this are now able to move forward. An entity graph tool was also created for testing and creating test scenarios.

New teammates were onboarded, who will be focusing on moving Hex to the next level. They started their roles performing maintenance and clearing out high-priority bugs and tasks.

Both teams completed a few support tasks for Alpha 3.13 and its incremental patches, but mostly continued tasks for Alpha 3.14.

Another to the list of "corrections".
    Yeah and you made it sound like it was a feature that was supposed to be in the base game. Interesting how ED is actually building a game like a real developer and adding features as they go after they actually had a workable game......

Turbulent’s Game Services delivered the first iteration of the entity graph service. Many teams depending on this are now able to move forward. An entity graph tool was also created for testing and creating test scenarios.
    One of the most important features of server meshing was set up by them.

Also look at vals post above for your other mistake.

And should we now go through your posts to call out all the mistakes/lies you have done?

Yeah and you made it sound like it was a feature that was supposed to be in the base game.
    I never said such nonsense:

Server Meshing is not one single feature but a goal that involves multiple systems, teams along different stages of implementation that's been in development for many years. Turbulent is another studio working on it's part of the implementation.

This graph does a great job of showcasing the road to server meshing: https://prezi.com/view/l5DorjAy1dUz8BoDnuoF/
    Another one of your "wild" interpretations.

Interesting how ED is actually building a game like a real developer and adding features as they go after they actually had a workable game......
    Oh my, somebody tell him.

So your answer to debate about the development of a game you know nothing about is to pick another game you know even less...

Turbulent’s Game Services delivered the first iteration of the entity graph service. Many teams depending on this are now able to move forward. An entity graph tool was also created for testing and creating test scenarios. One of the most important features of server meshing was set up by them.
    Yes, Game Dev at this scale requires a lot of collaboration. Many features require the work of multiple teams, and the completion of a task by one team will allow other teams to carry on. That's how big, complex online games are made possible. If you read through all those monthly reports (like I did) you'll find several examples of resolved blockers allowing other teams to shine.

Also look at vals post above for your other mistake.

And should we now go through your posts to call out all the mistakes/lies you have done?
    Go ahead. Knock yourself out I'm heading to bed.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-23 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    So with Starfield in the making do you think it's enough competition for Star Citizen to develop faster, better and smarter? Or it won't make any difference for Chris Roberts?
    it doesn't make any sense to ask this question since we don't know anything about Starfield. we haven't seen anything about it.

I never said such nonsense:

Another one of your "wild" interpretations.

Oh my, somebody tell him.

So your answer to debate about the development of a game you know nothing about is to pick another game you know even less...

Yes, Game Dev at this scale requires a lot of collaboration. Many features require the work of multiple teams, and the completion of a task by one team will allow other teams to carry on. That's how big, complex online games are made possible. If you read through all those monthly reports (like I did) you'll find several examples of resolved blockers allowing other teams to shine.

Go ahead. Knock yourself out.
    What is my interpretation? You literally linked what I wrote yourself dude.....

Was Elite Dangerous not a game first and then they added on to it? What did star Citizen start with again?

Yes and the thing that all the teams needed was done by who?

It's really sad how the only way you can "win" is to twist words. It's pretty clear you either work for them are so obsessed you can't handle any criticism of the game.

Why haven't you actually answered any of my comments fully and need to change topics?