Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    I did not say that they were terribly difficult. I just said that they were not significantly easier than most other expansions. Heroics has always been easy. Even in Cata we could steamroll them on day 1.
    I'm not even sure it would be physically possible to get into cata heroics on day 1 without cheesing the ilvl requirement with PvP epics in which case the group won't have the dps to steamroll much.
    I do agree with the general sentiment though anyone who can clear M+ and knows the strats can easily clear any heroic content.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So the cheese strat that was literally done just before Ulduar released in full BIS gear?
    You think that's the lowest bar possible?

When people are that much better at optimizing their performance than they were back in day, what makes you think people aren't going to do it way earlier?
    Not to mention that Classic Wotlk will likely run off the 3.3 Class state where most Classes / specs are generally stronger (Arp is Better, Dots will scale with Haste / can Crit, etc..)
    And we've already seen that Naxx Classic was hilariously easy, it's just as easy as 25man Naxx with all the world buffs and an optimised raid group, if not easier.
    Pretending that Wotlk Naxx is harder than Classic Naxx makes you look like a fool, because you ignore some very simple facts.
    -Classes are objectively stronger in Wotlk than Classic
    -Every raid has access to Paladin / Shaman (In Classic, you can only have one of them)
    -Certain mechanics are far more forgiving (Frost blast deals less damage, Magic / Physical immunity of Gothik adds are gone, Razuvious shout doesn't Mana burn anymore and thus will not one shot dumbass casters, etc.)

Even if you want to come around and argue about how people were abusing the full set of consumables / World buffs in Classic to make it easier, the simple fact that you no longer lose that much power on death makes it so much more lenient.
    People just didn't grab Rallying of the Dragonslayer / ZG Buff before Sapph / KT because they loved World buffs, but rather because those bosses were a pain without.

People underestimate how much stronger Classes became in Wotlk, take for example the Frost Blast mechanic on KT, not only does it less damage in Wotlk (It's percentage based and dropped from 130% total to 110%), but also so much more healers can easily save people there.

When you're Horde in Classic, you basically had to pray that your Shaman react and spam CH into those Melees, while the Priest / Druid sit there and can only single target heal people.
    In Wotlk, those healer have PoM / CoH, Wild Growth, while Shaman's Chain Heal hits an additional target (which is pretty strong).

And that's just the tip of the Iceberg, another major difference is the greater availability of CD's, whereas tanks had to be very mindful where they use their CD's in Classic because of their longass CD, in Wotlk they can just use it on every boss as their CD is only 3-5 min, same goes for any external CD's from the Healer side, such as Pain Sup / Guardian Spirit / Hand of Sacrifice (at least in a useful form), those did not exist back in Classic.
    Look at that Mythic Hellfire Citadel is easier than Classic WoW, OMG!! Next up shall we link the 30second High King kills 3 weeks after the expansion launch in TBCC? Imagine linking overgeared speedkills as some kind of indication of boss difficulty.
    You know, if an item such as the legendary ring in the first tier of Wotlk existed (and a broken ass interaction such as Arcane Mages with a certain Trinket), you might have a point, but comparing the powergrowth of the final Tier of WoD (which had OP Set Bonuses, OP Trinkets and a raidwide legendary) with the first tier of Wotlk which had none of that, simply doesn't work.
    And people were pugging TBC heroics on day 1. It is not like TBC heroics are difficult. People were also pugging the significantly harder Cata heroics on day 1. All heroics are relatively easy.
    I said it earlier, i wouldn't pug certain heroics unless i have the perfect comp for it.

Sorry, this comparison doesn't work, in Wotlk, you can take 1 Random Tank, 1 Random Healer and 3 random dps and complete every single heroic in Wotlk from day one, i do not see this as feasible in TBC for heroics such as Blood Furnace, OHF or Arcatraz.
    You cant zerg OS3D in the gear available at the first week.
    With the Warlock strat described earlier, gear isn't a huge factor, as long as the Warlock has enough stamina.

Because the Flame Breath will no longer one shot your tank, the most critical element has been removed from the encounter, then it's all just killing the Twilight Drakes before you get overwhelmed, which is not hard.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-27 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I would rather play wod again than the garbage that was wrath
    Completely agree with this, though Pandaria is where the fun is really at.
    As such on topic, partly with you OP. Just leveling alts, doing profs, and farming gold for the next 3ish classic expansions. Certainly not waiting for Wrath though, just as bad as tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm not giving blizz a cent. they can have my money when they make good products again. i'm not going to give them money so i can play a good game that was made 10 years ago when we had a competent team. far as i see, if you give them money just to play on a classic server, you aren't helping solve the issue.
    This. I wish more people felt this way. Classic has been the biggest waste of resource blizzard has ever committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    This. I wish more people felt this way. Classic has been the biggest waste of resource blizzard has ever committed.
    you clearly don't understand what i said. classic is a welcome addition. the issue is people are using it to escape the problems of retail. that means these people are still paying blizz. that's my issue. i don't give a crap that classic exists.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    you clearly don't understand what i said. classic is a welcome addition. the issue is people are using it to escape the problems of retail. that means these people are still paying blizz. that's my issue. i don't give a crap that classic exists.
    Maybe I didn't then. My point is that Blizzard knows how wildly popular classic fundamentals are with the player base yet continues to only foster it in the classic environment, while simultaneously delivering the hot garbage to us that is modern wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i cant wait to see peoples reaction at unlocking 1 boss per week in toc normal for 4 weeks until they are allowed into heroic toc.

Or their reaction at doing icc normal mode for 8 weeks until they are allowed to kill lich king... and then they have to wait until next reset to step into Heroic xD

Liesssss I tell you! Blizzard started timegating content in BfA to keep MAU's up longer!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, WotLK had some of the coolest raids in the history of the game (Ulduar and ICC) but also some of the WORST tiers in the history of WoW (Naxx repeat, ToGC). As you mentioned, ICC was timegated to hell and back. I wont play any classic servers but I hope "some changes" applies to that.

- - - Updated - - -

You cant zerg OS3D in the gear available at the first week.

Your kidding yourself if you actually believe this. OS3D will be cleared in less than 48 hours if servers are stable.

no,its a fact
    I would rather play wod again than the garbage that was wrath
    Claiming an expansion was garbage is an opinion. Not a fact. End of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Claiming an expansion was garbage is an opinion. Not a fact. End of discussion
    sure,but the reasons i gave as to why its bad are facts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm not even sure it would be physically possible to get into cata heroics on day 1 without cheesing the ilvl requirement with PvP epics in which case the group won't have the dps to steamroll much.
    I do agree with the general sentiment though anyone who can clear M+ and knows the strats can easily clear any heroic content.
    I did it on day 1 myself. I was realm 3 or so to hit level 85 on a fairly populated server. I dont remember exactly what I did, but it took me like 2-3 hours at max level to meet the ilvl requirement for the dungeon finder.

It was actually a pretty fun experience since the first dungeon I got into was with random people from Method, Ensidia and other top guilds. At the time, I doubt more than a handful players on each server could use the dungeon finder. We basically steamrolled the dungeons. Felt like WotLK heroics. Did a few dungeons and went to bed. I woke up and tried queuing dungeons again, and it was hell. Wipe after wipe after wipe. Since basically everyone that played now had the item level for dungeon finder, the groups were much worse.

But yeah, getting item level for cata dungeon finder is very easy day 1. Even if you dont, you can enter dungeons without item level. Made a premade and did that with my friends on day 2 to get smooth dungeons due to the dungeon finder being unplayable then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Your kidding yourself if you actually believe this. OS3D will be cleared in less than 48 hours if servers are stable.
    For sure it will be cleared. Heck, I think it might be cleared in the first 24 hours. It is a very easy fight. It wont be zerged though. No brain zerging simply requires a higher item level than is possible to achieve at the start. My previous comment was only adressing the zerg strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    With the Warlock strat described earlier, gear isn't a huge factor, as long as the Warlock has enough stamina.

Because the Flame Breath will no longer one shot your tank, the most critical element has been removed from the encounter, then it's all just killing the Twilight Drakes before you get overwhelmed, which is not hard.
    So you are agreeing with me? I am confused. Warlock strat is not zerging.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2021-06-28 at 12:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It'll be the hot shit for a month or two, then fade into obscurity.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because WOTLK is even worse than TBC.

Instead of Naxx being beaten in 2 hours it will be 2 minutes, worse gets worse.

People know when the welfare is being added to the game like ICC 5 mans, so never have to play alts until X time or do Y until said time.

It's a wash.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK sure. Already played calssic and calssic tbc. Now w8in for 9.1 will play a bit but just to check it out. TBC is on pause for me maybe will back in there later this year. In general im a bit of disapointed where WoW is. Classic were cool since i could grp up and level up in old style grps. Now its all about boosters around. TBC has been deeply farmed i think way more and harder than classic. I saw SP boost offers one week after launch >< Retail is fun if there is content. Sadly they gave us content for 3 months of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You said Sartharion no drakes was easier than everything in TBC and that's an outright lie. You then just said that Mag was harder than all of Naxx combined and that's an absolute lie as well. Which means you never played Wrath or anything before it and are just basing your knowledge off some random youtuber's opinions.
    I did play both at a high level, and no drake sarth was comparable to magtheridon difficulty. Easily puggable, and the mount was sold all the time over it. And don’t forget it could be done 10 man, automatically
    Making it easier

And as for naxx 2.0, it was the easiest raid content ever put into WoW imho. So easy that they had to put in undying and immortal achievements just to make it spicy. Notice that those two achievements never managed to make it Into any other raid in WoW history… I wonder why…

ICC was hard on heroic, but it can’t even compare to pre nerf sunwell which was the hardest content ever put into WoW. Wotlk didn’t have anything that compared, and being able to do 10 or 25 man invalidated it too on some other level

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing Wotlk classic and TBC is where the "classic" experience stops for me. I played it back then and had so much fun but I'd rather keep those memories intact. I'm currently playing TBC thought because I skipped all of it when it initially came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Lol no. Especially the expansion classic(s) feel so silly to me. Atleast in vanilla classic you had that 'unique' leveling experience, but what does tbc/wrath has to offer? Just mediocore endgame of content we've been through already.
    pretty much, i loved wrath back then, but hell nothing really interesting therenow...
    although, i might go for it as blood DK dps was soo much fun and its not possible anymore

Wrath doesn't really interest me without massive changes like removing lfg, retuning all the dungeons and raids and so on.

The only thing I would like to experience again would be ulduar. Everything else was either boring the first time and so badly undertuned it wouldn't be worth playing today (dungeons, nax, trial) or out for so long that I never want to see it again (ICC)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I did play both at a high level, and no drake sarth was comparable to magtheridon difficulty.
    I think Magtheridon in its current state is certainly harder than Sartharion no Drakes.

With Magtheridon, you have to coordinate interrupts, banish Abyssals and obviously those cubes with 4/5 of your raid.

Sartharion no drakes does
    -A flame wave
    -randomnly spawns adds that can be just cleaved
    -Flame Breath
    -Cleave
    -Tail Lash

Right off the bat, only the tank can realistically wipe raid on Sarth by turning it towards the raid.
    On Mag, any person assigned to the cubes can wipe the raid.
    Those adds on Sartharion pose no threat at all, you just passive cleave them and that's it.

All there is left is the flame wave, which has only two variations and doesn't even outright kill people that are being hit by it, because there is no soft enrage mechanic on the fight, you can lose as many dps as you like while Sartharions Melee damage is also pretty pathetic, whereas Magtheridon certainly packs a punch right now.

It seems to more that you're referring to post nerf Magtheridon (where a lot of people were effectively overgearing it due to badge / ZA gear) but even there the cube mechanic makes it more deadly than anything Sartharion without any drakes throws at you.
    On Magtheridon, a modicum of coordination is necessary to kill the Boss, Sartharion no drakes is equivalent to a VoA boss that you can just play on auto pilot because the mechanics are piss easy and don't wipe the raid if someone fucks them up.
    So you are agreeing with me? I am confused. Warlock strat is not zerging.
    No, i'd argue the Warlock strat is an even "bigger cheese" than the nuke one, because it makes the damage requirements for the fight so much more lenient.

Because you have a tank that can longer be one shotted by the breath, the soft enrage is practically gone, all you need to do is to not lose too many people to voidzones / lava waves and finish the drakes, you don't even need to finish them before the next arrives as those drakes do not instantly overwhelm you.

Especially because heroics (and by extension anything related to Emblems / rep) are so extremely easy to farm + all the SWP gear people will have coming into Classic Wotlk, they are just going to walk over it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-28 at 04:53 PM.

I am looking forward to seeing the Classic community split in half and hate each other.

I won't play Wrath but I would enjoy facerolling stuff without worrying about all the borrowed power stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the Classic community split in half and hate each other.
    That happened at launch of Classic - "retailers have ruined classic" was one of the hottest topics for well over a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.