Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't have the max rank though since 9.1 introduced rank 5 and rank 6. You can go straight to rank 5 or 6 with out having 1 through 4 which is why you are not recrafting unless you decide to switch to a rank 1,2,3, or 4 of what you already have. And then you'll be paying less then you likely paid for it closer to launch since most servers the prices are low.

A slot is useless from the great vault? So like it is now. You are just switching slots. Of course you aren't replacing your legendary with a normal item but with a Domination socket item because with the domination shard it is better for that slot then the legendary. Because the legendary can go in another slot that doesn't have a better option.

You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important. It only delays it by 3 weeks as that is all it takes to get enough soul ash for ranks 4-6 (5 and 6 only require soul cinders) if you clear all 12 layers of Torghast twice a week. It won't cost 150k for a rank 4 on most servers. Even then you can just craft a rank 1 since the legendary effect is equal to that of a rank 4. Stats are the only thing that change. There really is no big issue with the way the system is set up.
    You are missing my point. I am not only complaining about having to swap due to dom sockets. I am in general complaining that I cannot swap the slot of my legendary item.

"You can only equip one legendary at a time so future crafts are not all that important." I am just not agreeing with this. I don't want to spend weeks. regrinding soul ash for the same power on a different slot. That is my complaint. I would rather have multiple legendaries (for some classes raid and m+ legendary are different, so it actually matters - especially when you put pvp into the mix).

Also, you don't know the cost of the new base item, and on my server some rank 4 pieces cost 150k on launch. Don't you need 15k soul ash to get from R1 to R6, I don't see how that is done within 3 weeks. Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Not every raid drop will be a definite upgrade over a legendary. Or do you mean like rank 1?
    Same thing can happen if you have a low rank legendary in the proper slot - that too can have upgrades in the raid. What then?
    In none of those cases I'm screwed. I just work my way towards the new rank. I'd do that anyway to be properly geared to step into the raid. If you can't make the effort - tough luck, but I cant feel symapthetic.
    Literally any item in leggo slot with dumbination gem is something you will want to (and CAN) wear, but you can't JUST wear it. You'll have to pay

Unless
    - you never had leggo
    - you are in lucky spec/leggo combo
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    You are missing my point. I am not only complaining about having to swap due to dom sockets. I am in general complaining that I cannot swap the slot of my legendary item.
    You can just for a minor fee. Also if you'd rather have multiple legendaries then equip one of those. Problem is fixed right? You can't complain about wanting to min/max your character while at the same time putting value on items that won't be used while min/maxing. It takes 3 weeks of Torghast to get a rank 4 legendary. You have more then enough time and Soul Ash to get rank 4 legendaries. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for soul cinders to get ranks 5 or 6. So you'll get the soul ash as a by product of getting soul cinders.

And you don't need previous ranks to craft the next rank. It adjust soul ash. So there is literally no issue and everything you keep saying are self imposed restrictions just so you can call the system bad.

Also, you don't know the cost of the new base item, and on my server some rank 4 pieces cost 150k on launch. Don't you need 15k soul ash to get from R1 to R6, I don't see how that is done within 3 weeks. Please enlighten me.
    150k on launch is not the same as 7 months later. You only need around 5.5k soul ash to get ranks 4, 5, or 6. 5 and 6 only require soul cinders and no additional soul ash. The only use for soul ash is to craft ranks 1 to 4. For someone that is complaining about a system you don't seem to know anything about how it actually works or current prices. Weird right? Do you even play the game currently?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally any item in leggo slot with dumbination gem is something you will want to (and CAN) wear, but you can't JUST wear it. You'll have to pay

Unless
    - you never had leggo
    - you are in lucky spec/leggo combo
    No, that's factually wrong. You can wear it, nothing is stopping you.
    You will also want to (and will be able to) wear higher rank legendaries.
    Should I feel bad for you because you can't make the effort to upgrade your legendary ASAP and instead chose to wait for the prices of base items to drop? If you can purposefully gimp yourself by not upgrading legendaries, you can well enough gimp yourself by not wearing dom sockets in the first weeks. Can't see a difference.

No, that's factually wrong. You can wear it, nothing is stopping you.
    You will also want to (and will be able to) wear higher rank legendaries.
    Should I feel bad for you because you can't make the effort to upgrade your legendary ASAP and instead chose to wait for the prices of base items to drop? If you can purposefully gimp yourself by not upgrading legendaries, you can well enough gimp yourself by not wearing dom sockets in the first weeks. Can't see a difference.
    Nobody cares what you can technically do, thats like saying you can wear clothes while being warrior.

So its absolutely irrelevant.
    What is relevant is that you just got upgrade which you can't wear unless you pay effort + gold.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Nobody cares what you can technically do, thats like saying you can wear clothes while being warrior.

So its absolutely irrelevant.
    What is relevant is that you just got upgrade which you can't wear unless you pay effort + gold.
    Again, untrue. You can wear it.
    You click the item you got, then you click the slot it belongs to and voila - you're wearing it.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-06-30 at 09:23 PM.

Again, untrue. You can wear it.
    You click the item you got, then you click the slot it belongs to and voila - you're wearing it.
    Cool, and your leggo goes to bag = badly designed system.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Cool, and your leggo goes to bag = badly designed system.
    It's hardly a legendary; it's a craftable item they chose to give an orange color. Craft another one.

It's hardly a legendary; it's a craftable item they chose to give an orange color. Craft another one.
    I know, been saying that way before SL even came out, doesn't change anything.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I know, been saying that way before SL even came out, doesn't change anything.
    Well yes it does, I'd prolly feel bad if I had to replace a true legendary item that required real effort to get. SL legendaries do not. If you feel that this thing is a deal breaker for you cause you need to do a few Thorgast runs, you prolly never wore a true legendary. SL legendaires take less effort to craft than some vanilla blues & greens did. Grow a pair.

Well yes it does, I'd prolly feel bad if I had to replace a true legendary item that required real effort to get. SL legendaries do not. If you feel that this thing is a deal breaker for you cause you need to do a few Thorgast runs, you prolly never wore a true legendary. SL legendaires take less effort to craft than some vanilla blues & greens did. Grow a pair.
    Not really, it doesn't change anything. Point still stands as you can (and should) equip both. It really doesn't make system any less shitty.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

You are excusing a bad system.
    Remaking legendary vs leaving legendary as it was = cost differs greatly. I don't need a rank 5.

Some people cannot comprehend that "upgrading" is not going to be possible for vast majority of people in first weeks (after it will be possible).
    Simply because of prices. Let alone for people with multiple leggos.
    If you are not going to craft the Rank 5 and 6 Legendary then you obviously do not care about min-maxing your character, meaning the whole domination socket system has no meaning for you either. Ergo you could just keep your Rank 4 and there is no problem.
    What I am saying is that for people who actually want to play the game as intended there is no extra cost and thus no reason to complain. Your reason is entirely self-made.

Not really, it doesn't change anything. Point still stands as you can (and should) equip both. It really doesn't make system any less shitty.
    No, you don't. Items get replaced every patch. If a dom socket is a definite upgrade, put it on. Want another upgrade? Go craft a new leggo. Simple.

And the people who are doing that will have no additional costs. Your point does not stand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I have like...a lot vast majority VERY weak (190 ilvl)
    Your decisions have caused this, not Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Nobody is going to sink that kind of time into a system that gets replaced in the very next patch. Standard crafting items, raid items, i can absolutely agree with. What they did to the LEGENDARY crafting system is unacceptable. If they are replaced within the same expansion they aren't legendary, they're fucking worthless, and the timesink to obtain them is pointless. Had we known it would have been this way, NOBODY with a brain would have bothered
    Did you honestly believe that leggos would stay at 235 ilvl?

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone knew they were getting upgraded each patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Genuinely curious: Do you ever get bored of calling every change, every system, every iteration of every system and every single thing about this game "shitty," in every post that you make on this forum?

This system was poorly rolled out, yes, but it seems to me like you're more interested in maintaining that it's the worst thing ever (well, until the next change Blizzard makes to the game I guess) more than you are admitting that maybe it isn't nearly as bad as you'd like for everybody to think it is.

No, you don't. Items get replaced every patch. If a dom socket is a definite upgrade, put it on. Want another upgrade? Go craft a new leggo. Simple.
    That is some next level mental gymnastics here to defend this garbage system.

Reality is really simple, new gear that will drop in raid will be upgrade, you want to have dumbination sockets, you have to recraft lego paying tons of money if upgrade dropped with same slot as leggo.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    My fault? Tha hell?
    Im playingt he game the way i enjoy? I love playing new playstyles and mechanics that change how we play?

This are the leggos i have just on my Demon Hunter...and i want to play more...

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-07-01 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Did you honestly believe that leggos would stay at 235 ilvl?

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone knew they were getting upgraded each patch.
    You can't even be stupid correctly. Upgrades, yes. No shit. Starting completely over? pointless. way to kill their own systems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Wait so I can start, for let's say my alt who doesn't have a legendary, instantly with a level 5 legendary?
    yes, you can craft a rank 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or even 6, you always could, you can start at any rank, and upgrade to any other rank at any time

craft a 2, then later upgrade it to 5, then later to 6,
    or buy a 1, then upgrade it later right away to 6.
    it dont matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You can't even be stupid correctly. Upgrades, yes. No shit. Starting completely over? pointless. way to kill their own systems.
    you are never starting completly over though...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content