Thread: Euro 2020

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No i didnt. Where they actually worse?

I have to be honest, Finlands games might have been worse but they where still more intertaining to watch because their.... style... at least created a lot of chances for the opposition
    Southgate plays boring football. It's been effective so far, but it's terrible to watch. This was the first England game this tournament with more than a single goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Southgate plays boring football. It's been effective so far, but it's terrible to watch. This was the first England game this tournament with more than a single goal.
    True, but no one will care if he wins it. This isn't a club team that needs bums on seats watching for sponsorship money, it's a national team that hasn't won anything for 55 years. It's also the first time since Euro 96 that the England team has had players that are actually likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Timo Werner has always been, is and will always be one of the shitest strikers that tarnish the word "striker" with their existance. Anyone putting him on the 9 shold be fired on account of them being blind, incompetent and clinically stupid. Words cannot describe just how bad Timo Werner is. The only reason he's even put in the striker position is cos apparently nobody in the entire country of Germany found a wooden post to stick in the ground to replace him.
    Ah, yes. I'm sure Chelsea is a club full of mentally insane who don't know wtf they're buying. His current 65 million worth must be a fluke.

The problem is rather that German tactics don't know how to properly work with a classical 9. You can put whomever the hell you want there and it would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah guess I should have known this was a surreal year when pep handed chelsea the champs league.

Grats btw.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my predictor is broken like your sense of humor.
    Yes you would definitely have to point out which part of your postings was an example of your comedic wit. I mean it did make me laugh but I doubt in the way you intended. It would help with further humiliation if you could point out which team you are currently supporting.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-06-30 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Ah, yes. I'm sure Chelsea is a club full of mentally insane who don't know wtf they're buying. His current 65 million worth must be a fluke.
    65m is a lot for Werner. It's cheap for a decent striker.

The problem is rather that German tactics don't know how to properly work with a classical 9. You can put whomever the hell you want there and it would not work.
    There are definitely more highlights of him missing good chances for Chelsea than calmly stroking it home, like the one he missed yesterday, and he has been given every chance to be "the man" for them. I thought Germany went through the England midfield too easily yesterday and that should really suit a number nine, trouble is I dont think its just his finishing thats a problem but also his positioning. Hes strong and fast really good tools for a center forward but I think his brain needs some tuning to make him great.

As an England fan looking at the German line up I was much more worried about Kimmich, Gosens and Kroos than Werner having watched him in the PL for a year. Also I was happy to see Gnabry and Gundogen on the bench, I mean wtf?
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-06-30 at 03:51 PM.

Portugal won in 2016 by only winning 2 games (within the 90 minutes). Greece won in 2004 by scoring 1 goal and then setting up a wall in front of their goal.
    Sometimes it works just playing for the win and not to make a good show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take an entire tournament of 1-0 wins if it meant winning it, over banging in 6 goals and conceding 8 and being out.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Yes you would definitely have to point out which part of your postings was an example of your comedic wit. I mean it did make me laugh but I doubt in the way you intended. It would help with further humiliation if you could point out which team you are currently supporting.
    Humiliation on mmo champ rofl. Swing and a miss kiddo

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    There are definitely more highlights of him missing good chances for Chelsea than calmly stroking it home, like the one he missed yesterday, and he has been given every chance to be "the man" for them. I thought Germany went through the England midfield too easily yesterday and that should really suit a number nine, trouble is I dont think its just his finishing thats a problem but also his positioning. Hes strong and fast really good tools for a center forward but I think his brain needs some tuning to make him great.

As an England fan looking at the German line up I was much more worried about Kimmich, Gosens and Kroos than Werner having watched him in the PL for a year. Also I was happy to see Gnabry and Gundogen on the bench, I mean wtf?

Well he isn't world class, but he's very decent international class. Germany didn't have world class strikers in the recent years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Portugal won in 2016 by only winning 2 games (within the 90 minutes). Greece won in 2004 by scoring 1 goal and then setting up a wall in front of their goal.
    Sometimes it works just playing for the win and not to make a good show.
    It was 1 game won in 90 min, not 2 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Still betting on a Switzerland-Ukraine final
    Would be funny the last two placed 3rd placed teams in the final.

I don't get how Switzerland and Ukraine always do so well in Euro Cups and stink it up on World Cups. There's no consistency. World Cups are essentially Euro Cups with Brazil and Argentina, everyone else just shows up as guests for exhibition matches. Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France and Spain are consistently the best performers in World Cups (aside from Brazil/Argentina), yet they don't consistently dominate Euro Cups. They should be crushing most of these other scrub Euro teams who most of the time don't even quality for World Cups.

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to add England to the list of consistently good performers along with Germany and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France and Spain are consistently the best performers in World Cups (aside from Brazil/Argentina), yet they don't consistently dominate Euro Cups. They should be crushing most of these other scrub Euro teams who most of the time don't even quality for World Cups.
    How do they not "consistently dominate Euro Cups"? You had at least 1 of these teams in literally every single finals (and at least 2, more often 3, in semis) except of 2004, which had Portugal that is also a historically strong team. Just because they don't beat weaker teams 10-0 every game doesn't mean they aren't dominating the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    It was 1 game won in 90 min, not 2 xD
    It was 2 games. 2-0 in Semifinals vs Wales and 1-0 in the final vs France. I know the final was memorable for us and everything just fades away but it is not that hard to check these things out

That's some creative nonsense... Klose? Lewa at Bayern? The fuck are you on about? Germans are the last ones that will work with a pure 9. They just don't have one. Werner is a shit striker. He shot zero goals at this tournament.

ZERO. In 4 games. Not sure if you noticed, but a knockout tournament is not the best time to have a striker's goal draught break out. Not that I've ever seen him score any important goals ever in the BL or the few games I saw in the UCL.

Oh, about Chelsea... yeah, they're mentally insane to pay 65 million quid for such an overrated player. But then, that is the modus operandi for English clubs that literally get money blown up their arse by TV contracts (that are paid for by exploiting fans). They buy all kinds of shit and see what sticks.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-07-01 at 08:58 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    It was 2 games. 2-0 in Semifinals vs Wales and 1-0 in the final vs France. I know the final was memorable for us and everything just fades away but it is not that hard to check these things out
    Erm. The final was a goal on extra time. Eder, remember, scored in the 109th minute?

I know the final was memorable for us and everything just fades away but it is not that hard to check these things out

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Erm. The final was a goal on extra time. Eder, remember, scored in the 109th minute?

I know the final was memorable for us and everything just fades away but it is not that hard to check these things out
    I stand corrected. When I was checking the scores either it wasn't there or I missed. My bad, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's some creative nonsense... Klose? Lewa at Bayern? The fuck are you on about? Germans are the last ones that will work with a pure 9. They just don't have one. Werner is a shit striker. He shot zero goals at this tournament.

ZERO. In 4 games. Not sure if you noticed, but a knockout tournament is not the best time to have a striker's goal draught break out.

Oh, about Chelsea... yeah, they're mentally insane to pay 65 million quid for such an overrated player. But then, that is the modus operandi for English clubs that literally get money blown up their arse by TV contracts (that are paid for by exploiting fans). They buy all kinds of shit and see what sticks.
    Klose was 7 years ago. You're going pretty far back to prove your point that Germany's national club had tactics for a classical 9. And Löw isn't really known for playing Bayerns game play, not at least since 2014 where possession football was any good, and even then IIRC they prefered a false 9. Coincidentally, Müller was Germany's top scorer with 5, Klose had only 2 goals.

Germany just isn't used to play with a striker.

Also, Mbappe also shot 0 goals. Is he now also shit? Though, Benzema is at 4. That's a beast.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2021-07-01 at 05:09 PM.

I totally agree with you.
    All the games before that, they played badly. And they got to the 1/8 because of luck. But against Sweden, they showed that they are ready to play again. But let's see what happens against England.