Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And that switch will only be performed after a certain time, not right off the bat.
    certain time
    "if an AvH bg isn't already available it will automatically switch to HvH".
    Technology wise, the check should only take a few seconds so unless you're being pedantic and only taking automatic to mean <1second, I would consider under a minute queue to be automatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Horde knew about the problems, but chose Horde because of BElvs or racials.

Yeah, fuck me for playing troll because I genuinely like trolls. I've played one since SSC in original BC.
    If only i could learn to be sneaky like the damn Fel Reavers

At least from public available data (which is Warcraftlogs, thus only PvE), the ratio has started to shift in the Horde's favor since TBC launch.

It used to be 45-55 (Alliance Favored) in Classic, in TBC it straight flipped to 55-45 (horde favor) within a few weeks.
    Not good, but not nearly as bad as the guy I quoted made it seem. Like I said, I think the bigger problem is that of the 45% of players playing Alliance most are on PvE servers for the specific intention of avoiding PvP. It then stands to reason that if there are PvE-related rewards for completing PvP then it'll almost assuredly fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Technology wise, the check should only take a few seconds so unless you're being pedantic and only taking automatic to mean <1second, I would consider under a minute queue to be automatic.
    Or it has a time checker built in "will not queue HvH until X minutes passed"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Not good, but not nearly as bad as the guy I quoted made it seem. Like I said, I think the bigger problem is that of the 45% of players playing Alliance most are on PvE servers for the specific intention of avoiding PvP. It then stands to reason that if there are PvE-related rewards for completing PvP then it'll almost assuredly fix the issue.
    The crux is that this is just PvE data, serverwide data is a different story, if i were to take a guess, then i'd say Horde was already ahead in Classic in terms of population.

Back when i was ranking in Classic (which was like a year ago), i had 5-15 minute queues as Horde, with TBC, that queue time went to up 1h+.
    While i'd agree that Alliance seems to do less PvP relatively speaking, you cannot look at this difference and say it's that factions are roughly balanced but Horde has just more people interested in PvP.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-07-01 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda sad that AV is disabled for this....

Or it has a time checker built in "will not queue HvH until X minutes passed"?
    But for what purpose? This loops back to my 'common sense'. It may also cause Onyxia to spawn in SW each time a HvH bg starts to signify that event but I wouldn't see why I would expect that besides 'well it's a possibility'
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    But for what purpose? This loops back to my 'common sense'. It may also cause Onyxia to spawn in SW each time a HvH bg starts to signify that event but I wouldn't see why I would expect that besides 'well it's a possibility'
    To ensure that there will always be Horde players to match any Alliance players when they decide to queue up, so Alliance continues to have instant queues.

People blaming player/horde induced issue, could you explain since it is alliance that decided their faction was terrible, took the easy way out and went horde? Instead of improving their own faction and players?

Seems shitty blaming throwing the blame on the wrong ones

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The Alliance queue time should stay the same, why complain?
    Because alliance pvp queue time might not change, but finding arena teams as well as raid groups might change as people swap horde.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Because alliance pvp queue time might not change, but finding arena teams as well as raid groups might change as people swap horde.
    Isn't that blaming Blizzard for a mostly player-created issue? Blizzard isn't forcing Alliance players to reroll Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    kinda sad that AV is disabled for this....
    The reason for that is laughable though.
    "...particularly awkward for the team that found themselves fighting alongside a great number of enemy NPCs."? What about Silverwing/Warsong banners all over WSG? Do they change WSG and AB flags to green/yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Isn't that blaming Blizzard for a mostly player-created issue? Blizzard isn't forcing Alliance players to reroll Horde.
    They're the ones who kept the racials which started creating the issues in the first place. This was something player predicted for ages, it's not like this was surprise.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They're the ones who kept the racials which started creating the issues in the first place. This was something player predicted for ages, it's not like this was surprise.
    Did you actually think that Blizzard was just going to relaunch Classic WoW without racials? Wasn't the huge impetus for Classic in the first place #NoChanges?

I played all of classic did the pvp grind and raided till the last day but these changes are too far for me.

Unsubscribed.

gg blizz, take care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, I look at it like "meh, who gives a shit?"

Its impressive, but will it mix Horde into Alliance Queues or will it always be a team of 10 or 15 Horde VS the team of 10 or 15 Horde?

Well thank fuck. You only get 300-400 honor for winning a close-call AB...And I need 40 marks for some items!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    IDK I always loved the faction v faction but if it means lower que times then fuck it i guess. Hopefully it's just a band aid fix and the whole thing ends up working itself out later and they can scape the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    The reason for that is laughable though.
    "...particularly awkward for the team that found themselves fighting alongside a great number of enemy NPCs."? What about Silverwing/Warsong banners all over WSG? Do they change WSG and AB flags to green/yellow?
    The idea is that it's supposed to be a training battle, the team who assumes the role of the enemy faction gets some masks / tabards slapped on but keeps their overall looks.
    Horde players effectively only pretend to be an Alliance team.

AV has regular Alliance npc's hence it wouldn't make a lot of sense, it's really more of a hamfisted RP reason to exclude AV, as the actual reason is that AV was never included for a Wargame.

this kills the spirit of classic
    people wanted classic...give them classic
    if they enjoy it less because the community dynamic has changed thats just a big " i told you so" and j allan brack was right moment