Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shadowlands wouldn't even be that bad if they just fixed the boosting situation, and threw more loot at the player in a way that made doing the actual content more rewarding, and not just a random percentage upgrade of loot drops across the board.

The Vault is fucking terrible. I don't want to get my gear from soulless robot automation bank accounts. I want to get it from things I kill. Shadowlands is so bad because they are missing the beat on absolutely fundamental and basic game design that's been with the game since forever.

Even the fucking weekly chest in BfA was a supplemental loot system to doing actual content, in Shadowlands Vault loot is the main way to gear up for the vast majority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Qahrd View Post
    What are you all doing in this thread? Stop making Relapses reply to each and every one of you telling you to go get a life if you don't like the game.
    If I don't like a game I don't spend the better part of my day trying to convince other people that I think the developers of the game are monkeys with keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Shadowlands wouldn't even be that bad if they just fixed the boosting situation, and threw more loot at the player in a way that made doing the actual content more rewarding, and not just a random percentage upgrade of loot drops across the board.

The Vault is fucking terrible. I don't want to get my gear from soulless robot automation bank accounts. I want to get it from things I kill. Shadowlands is so bad because they are missing the beat on absolutely fundamental and basic game design that's been with the game since forever.

Even the fucking weekly chest in BfA was a supplemental loot system to doing actual content, in Shadowlands Vault loot is the main way to gear up for the vast majority of the playerbase.
    Yeah as much as I enjoy SL, they went over the top with the vault. Loot should be more targetable, vault - maybe kind of an upgrade system? If you did a 15, you can upgrade 1 item to 226 (or whatever it is now). Some vaults were pretty disappointing for me, like getting several copies of the same item or of an item I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Yeah as much as I enjoy SL, they went over the top with the vault. Loot should be more targetable, vault - maybe kind of an upgrade system? If you did a 15, you can upgrade 1 item to 226 (or whatever it is now). Some vaults were pretty disappointing for me, like getting several copies of the same item or of an item I already have.
    Is this a joke? You can literally already do that with VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Is this a joke? You can literally already do that with VP.
    No, you can't, VP upgrades to 220, so if you want m+ BiS, you're mostly on the mercy of the vault. Not to mention it's tough to target an item with the amount of loot that drops - for example I never saw Quantum Device drop (for me or anyone else) even though I did about 30 runs of the dungeon - so couldn't even upgrade to 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Something that was worth the hype Blizzard did include in their own press. 8 months of waiting.
    Six.

You waited six months. November to June is six. I know, math is difficult, but try to keep up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, you can't, VP upgrades to 220, so if you want m+ BiS, you're mostly on the mercy of the vault. Not to mention it's tough to target an item with the amount of loot that drops - for example I never saw Quantum Device drop (for me or anyone else) even though I did about 30 runs of the dungeon - so couldn't even upgrade to 220.
    The developers do not want players invalidating Heroic raiding gear with M+ rewards. That was the issue we had in 8.3 so the fact that M+ base item level rewards stop half-way between Heroic and Mythic makes perfect sense. Blizzard clearly still wants players to raid in this game to get the ~very best~ gear (Domination sockets are proof of this) so the current system is the most reasonable middle ground. What you want sounds like gear on a vendor and given the developers' obsession with making sure that the game doesn't feel like you're simply choosing a loadout, it seems unlikely that's the direction the game will go. What confuses the fuck out of me, however, is how you could see a system like the Great Vault and say that the box from BfA was superior.

I’m sad to say but Shittylands it’s starting to go down as a pretty bad expansion.

9.1 offers so little new content you can blow through it very fast. I would say come September this expansion will be a ghost town again.

And there’s just too many new systems upon Systems it’s getting ridiculous already and different currencies and all the strange stuff they keep adding to the game they have to stop this crap already.

For me this expansion is just boring and generic and really nothing to do and not even fun to play anymore.

I don't Raid anymore, so maybe that's why I'm not digging Shittylands?

If I don't like a game I don't spend the better part of my day trying to convince other people that I think the developers of the game are monkeys with keyboards.
    No, you only spend the better part of the day trying to convince other people who think that the developers of the game are monkeys with keyboards they're wrong.

im sorry but when your first complaint is that you spend more time in torghast....nah m8

we do one less floor and the first thing you can pick up is auto loot
    5 minutes per floor

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Six.

You waited six months. November to June is six. I know, math is difficult, but try to keep up here.
    November
    December
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June

...are you trolling?

I like it so far. New raid and dungeon will be great. Sounds like you dont like to play the game? Maybe you should quit and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    No, you only spend the better part of the day trying to convince other people who think that the developers of the game are monkeys with keyboards they're wrong.
    Because they are? The developers of this game are not infallible but what the fuck do you expect to get other than meager catharsis and meaningless platitudes from other internet strangers by saying shit like that? Does anybody actually think that shit-talking the developers will somehow get them to listen to your feedback more intently?

Yep. Cancelled my sub for the first time since WoD. Reprehensible that this is all we're getting after the longest wait ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Six.

November to December: 1 month.
    December to January: 2 months.
    January to February: 3 months.
    February to March: 4 months.
    March to April: 5 months.
    April to May: 6 months.
    May to June: 7 months.

I mean, if you are going to educate people in the internet, at least try to get your own facts straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Just unsub man, seriously. Speak with your wallet and be cautious when they decide to drop some big lore character in a cinematic to try to reel you in next time.
    Mighty one, never forget.

The developers do not want players invalidating Heroic raiding gear with M+ rewards. That was the issue we had in 8.3 so the fact that M+ base item level rewards stop half-way between Heroic and Mythic makes perfect sense. Blizzard clearly still wants players to raid in this game to get the ~very best~ gear (Domination sockets are proof of this) so the current system is the most reasonable middle ground. What you want sounds like gear on a vendor and given the developers' obsession with making sure that the game doesn't feel like you're simply choosing a loadout, it seems unlikely that's the direction the game will go. What confuses the fuck out of me, however, is how you could see a system like the Great Vault and say that the box from BfA was superior.
    I didn't say BfA was better, that was a different poster. I only agreed with the notion that there's too much emphasis on the vault.

As for the loot itself... Well then Blizzard didn't solve anything. I raid heroic in an f&f guild and push keys with a few more hardcore players. My gear last season was: 0 raid items, 1 legendary, all the rest: vault. I don't want higher ilvl from m+ themselves; rather an option to upgrade my m+ items to max m+ ilvl and more targetable drops from the bosses I kill. As it is right now, I don't even care if anything drops from the dungeon (bar a few BiS that never did) because all of my upgrades drop from the vault.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    9.1 is two days old.....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What? No... 2nd run, died once, still got 5 crystals...

you have different amount of stacks of this buff depending on group size. Last night I went with 2 friends, we had 3 stacks, now I have one stack... i assume it's 1 per player.
    That's the one thorghast upgrade you can purchase from venari, isn't it?

Also another fundamental problem I feel is worth pointing out:

This game has an awful difficulty curve regarding endgame content. This is one thing Classic does MUCH better in that leveling to endgame raiding is a much smoother hill to climb compared to the introductory content of Shadowlands and then being thrown to the wolves if you want to do any of the serious content.