10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure, how you go try that even with a canadian cop and see how it goes before you open your mouth.
    I don't have a good reason to be rude to them.

But I could be. And they'd do nothing about it. I might make them sad. And that might make me feel bad. That's as far as it's gonna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't have a good reason to be rude to them.

But I could be. And they'd do nothing about it. I might make them sad. And that might make me feel bad. That's as far as it's gonna go.
    So you do not know. Try it since you do not risk anything or should not risk anything according to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you do not know. Try it since you do not risk anything or should not risk anything according to you.
    I've shouted nasty stuff at cops before, when I was protesting. Literally nothing happened to me or anyone else at the protest, all of whom were shouting similar things.

I have no reason to make an effort to go re-test this right now, because that would require an investment of effort for literally zero possible gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've shouted nasty stuff at cops before, when I was protesting. Literally nothing happened to me or anyone else at the protest, all of whom were shouting similar things.

I have no reason to make an effort to go re-test this right now, because that would require an investment of effort for literally zero possible gain.
    Shouting in a protest is different of going directly to a police officer (who is patrolling for instance) and insulting him in the street or at a gas station. Stop living in your dream.

Shouting in a protest is different of going directly to a police officer (who is patrolling for instance) and insulting him in the street or at a gas station. Stop living in your dream.
    All you're doing is reinforcing the idea that cops that DO take action against people who do that are fragile cowards. If they won't arrest someone for doing it in a crowd, it means they CAN'T because it's not breaking the law or a crime of any kind and therefore won't take action. The reason they do it when they're alone with you and not when you're in a crowd is because they think they can get away with it and overpower you. If they tried that shit during a protest with other people around, they'd get overrun with people defending the citizen against their bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouting in a protest is different of going directly to a police officer (who is patrolling for instance) and insulting him in the street or at a gas station.
    In either case, if the cop chooses to respond with force then they are a shitty little snowflake and not fit to be a police officer.

Sorry that the cops you know are undisciplined boobs, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you think anything should happen to me if I did so?

Why is your position that police officers are such fragile little babies that they can't take a little heated insulting? Why should they have any special protections against that, when nobody else does?

Thanks, I'd prefer my police officers not be weak-ass pathetic little crybabies who need to attack citizens who don't kiss their boots sufficiently.

One could play the devil's advocate and argue that when someone uses the "n" word, it is a free speech case then with your logic.
    It...quite literally is? I mean, if that's all they did, it's perfectly, 100% legal. They might get fired if their bosses find out or shunned from non-racists, but it's legal.

As I said, you do not need to be a minority to be the target of a hate crime.
    A crime has to be committed for there to be a hate crime. I don't think "smirking" is explicitly illegal in any state in the US.

Such logic seems dangerous to me. Saying anything you want to a cop, even insulting them, and they can't say anything about it ?
    Threatening violence is already illegal. But telling them they're a "shitbag with a micropenis that probably abuses their spouse"? Nah, that's legal bro. That's just being an asshole, which is perfectly legal. Cop can fire back and tell you "how much your mom enjoyed his dick last night" and that too, is perfectly legal.

I genuinely think you don't seem to understand any of the laws or rights you seem to enjoy discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    All you're doing is reinforcing the idea that cops that DO take action against people who do that are fragile cowards. If they won't arrest someone for doing it in a crowd, it means they CAN'T because it's not breaking the law or a crime of any kind and therefore won't take action. The reason they do it when they're alone with you and not when you're in a crowd is because they think they can get away with it and overpower you. If they tried that shit during a protest with other people around, they'd get overrun with people defending the citizen against their bullshit.
    Because arresting someone in a protest shouting insults at Police while said person is IN the crowd could make the protests evolves to a riot which no one wants.

And as I said, in some democratic countries, you have laws that does not allow you to fling insults to police officers or even any public officials.

Because arresting someone in a protest shouting insults at Police while said person is IN the crowd could make the protests evolves to a riot which no one wants.
    Cool, at least you're just like, kinda explicit about how open you are to authoritarian tactics. Because this kind of "Oh, there was a big peaceful protest crowd but they said mean things about XYZ leader so the cops went heavy and cracked skulls!" nonsense that is used as justification there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because arresting someone in a protest shouting insults at Police while said person is IN the crowd could make the protests evolves to a riot
    Which only happens if the police respond with force.

I'm just gonna reiterate that as a healthcare worker the sheer levels of sensitivity on display by law enforcement and their relatives is fucking hilarious and pathetic.

"Wahhh, we can't do our jobs unless we can assault and murder people at will. How else are we supposed to deal with drunks and mentally disturbed people without resorting to force, it's not like emergency workers do it every single day."

Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-07-15 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, in my country, we have a misdemeanor about this : "Outrage à agent dépositaire de l'autorité publique" which means you can't anything you want or be disrespectful toward a police officer or anyone with public authority. Curious that the USA would not something equivalent.
    It's not really curious, considering the bill of rights.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lucky for endus I do know as I know quite a few cops! They get all kind of hate spewed at them all the time rather it be from people out of there mind on drugs or just people who hate cops, wanna guess what they can do about it? Absolutely nothing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Lucky for endus I do know as I know quite a few cops! They get all kind of hate spewed at them all the time rather it be from people out of there mind on drugs or just people who hate cops, wanna guess what they can do about it? Absolutely nothing.
    So you should no issue to go up to a cop and insult him. It should go well after all.

So you should no issue to go up to a cop and insult him. It should go well after all.
    If the cop responds with violence, that's assault. The response to an insult should never, ever be physical violence, nor should basic insults ever be criminalized. That's authoritarian shit, aggressively defending the state from even the slightest of sleights.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Go well? Not really they would think I was quite rude and they’d be right.

But as far as facing any actual repercussions? I wouldn’t 9/10 times and the 10th id have a juicy law suit handed to me on a golden platter.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If the cop responds with violence, that's assault. The response to an insult should never, ever be physical violence, nor should basic insults ever be criminalized. That's authoritarian shit, aggressively defending the state from even the slightest of sleights.
    Do you consider violence arresting someone ?

Arresting them for what? How is the arrest being done?

10+ Year Old Account
    On what charge?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Arresting them for what? How is the arrest being done?
    I do not know, do you resist being arrested after you committed a crime or a misdemeanor ?