Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Is a 800+ pull race fun?
    Absolutely. My most memorable memories of the worst first races were Uunat, KJ, HLK, and Yogg0.

I wish for a HFC race. Penultimate boss dying last day of 1st reset, and last boss dying 1st day of reset 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
    Scrotum of Domination was a good raid overall
    Boss mechanics yes, scenary a disaster.
    Mechanics/fun matter more though so yes it was a decent raid for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    one reset race with THE tightest possible (but killable) tuning > 2 resets race
    100% agree
    Only time I would not agree is when it was a longer race but they didnt stream or share any info so it was all about the smartest and most accurate planning and most skillful execution. Then again that is equally as much of a nailbiter just impossible to follow so 1week race is the optimal way for sure nowdays.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    In other words, screw over majority of raiding population so couple guilds can have "better" race. Sounds like a terrible idea.
    They used to have a increasing flat damage buff/nerf every week. I think that worked well honestly.

I haven’t looked into domination gems too much but they could also potentially make damage checks a lot easier

It must feel great participating in something like this with your friends and/or cowowkers. Progression was entertaining like always

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..at least a US guild won the last two raids before that.

I don't subscribe to your use of "retarded" and all that...but honestly...a levelled playing ground (that might even somehow include Asia) would be nice. You know..like the Olympics or any World Championship.

Yep....absolutely agree.

Well...there is no debate that raids for the last few x-pacs get cleared faster (easier) than ever before ...for..."whatever"...reasons. Probably the same reasons why it was different winning the Tour de France in 1920 compared to today....or "insert reasons"

No comment on the "1502 difficulty setting before next phase" though...you lost me there
    You have to admit though, EU plays wow at a whole different level. Most people think they are good and they probably are ok, but EU seems to play the game at this exceptionally high level most of the time. A lot of people will complain that the game is ded, but face it: Limit and Echo are on a whole different playing field. No guilds were even REMOTELY close to those two.

But deep down though, I'll revert to what I said a bit: EU seems to care a lot more about wow than almost anywhere else - and it shows in how many world firsts they've had and how many high levels of blizzcon champion wins they have. We all joke on the Murican/AMR region side about EU welfare never working and just playing wow all day: Well whatever they do - it works.

I really REALLY hope Limit comes back and does the job next tier... Anyway. See you all in about a year for 9.2 *Waves* GGCLOSE

I love how this has just devolved into a shitflinging contest of USA and EU calling each other names.

....and none of the people doing so had any kind of stake in the race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I love how this has just devolved into a shitflinging contest of USA and EU calling each other names.

Doesn't it always end in this though? Pretty much every WF thread I've read on here ultimately ends in USA vs EU...

In addition to my questions a few pages back, how do split runs even work now that there is mandatory personal loot and yah can’t trade slots that are technically an upgrade?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

That’s how any competitive community works. Just look at professional sports. You have players talking it out and exchanging jerseys at the end of games while fan bases are slandering each other online. Fans create the rivalries, not the players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Nothing to discuss here, the best players won the race.

they defeated her in less time, with lower gear and managed more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Limit’s coming back from their post-heroic break to start pulling Sylvanas. Time to see how much the upgrades help them.
    I can imagine P1/cooldown timings in general being a bit awkward while they adjust to pushing far faster but she should die shortly after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Nothing to discuss here, the best players won the race.

they defeated her in less time, with lower gear and managed more dps.
    Was Echo's gear actually worse? Difference probably not big enough to matter but from my understanding Echo had better gear overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I can imagine P1/cooldown timings in general being a bit awkward while they adjust to pushing far faster but she should die shortly after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Echo's gear actually worse? Difference probably not big enough to matter but from my understanding Echo had better gear overall.
    Now with Todays Reset Limit have better gear for sure, so at the end Echo will be the guild with the lowest ilvl who defeated Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Now with Todays Reset Limit have better gear for sure, so at the end Echo will be the guild with the lowest ilvl who defeated Sylvanas.
    Oh well yeah obviously.

Well that just got one shot.

Well, at least Denathrius was still a challenge after the reset... Sylvanas just fell over like it was nothing.

Well that Limit kill kinda shows why slight tuning differences and the different start times can lead to shitty outcomes. Woulda been such a letdown if this was the WF.

That just goes to show how huge a difference 1 reset worth of gear makes this early on into the patch. Kinda disgusting.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Echo had 1.6 item level higher vs Limit, so they were not the worst geared (this is data from yesterday), they had much more efficient splits and went big brain play.

Afaik, Limit did not only 8 hours? of splits, Echo dedicated a full day on splits and got much better value and higher item level as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Compared to limit from last week, they had higher gear and higher dps. Comparing to this week’s (assumed) limit kill, lower gear and lower dps.
    I want whatever you are smoking.