Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As horrible as it is, I hope people remember it isn't only women who are attacked by Blizzard employees. That should be dealt with, certainly, though the main goal should be dealing with discrimination and hatred in all forms. Not just selectively.

Multiple people hired by the company have gone on lengthy Twitter rants attacking men and/or 'white people' for example.

Hopefully all of the baggage is revealed and dealt with, otherwise nothing changes.

Though I don't expect much given how a lot of people over on the politics sub-forum behave on this very site...some of whom voice the exact same opinions and phrases as the aforementioned Twitter users.

As a gay guy, I also want to point out that the people who are most desperate to show how tolerant they are typically turn out to be the worst humanity has to offer. Most of the homophobia I have experienced, for example, has come from so called tolerant individuals the moment I disallowed them the opportunity to use me for virtue signalling or dared to hold a different/non stereotypical opinion to themselves.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2021-07-22 at 06:23 AM.

It's a little ominous that this + FF14s rise is all happening while WoW is on a death themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cool_freezer View Post
    I wonder what Echo will do now.

They split from Method for "similar" things. If they are honest and upright, they should switch to FF XIV instantly
    That would actually make sense... echo joins the video game made by a culture that thinks sexualizing woman and children is normal. Perfect fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The agency alleges male employees play video games during the workday..."
    Last I checked they are in the video game industry and mostly Video game company. So they testing, debugging or even showcasing something and they complained they play games all day. Sounds like they trying to parent them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    This is just hillarious. Let's bet who will emerge as wokest champion out of this wokeclash! Blizzard needs to put more gay deers ingame asap to please these special snowflakes. No wonder Musk left this shithole of a state and moved to more reasonable community. I am not sure for how long those reasonable states will remain though.
    What do gay deers in game have anything to do with female employees being harassed and such...

Oh yeh, treating women with respect is "woke" nowadays... smh

On topic, I hope these assholes get what they deserve.

Oh... where have i seen this before?

Exactly same thing will happen here probably:
    1. Bli$$ard will deny everything after 'internal investigation'.
    2. Both sides will meet in court.
    3. Small indie company will take a few milion $ agreement since they could loose more due image loss... regardless if the accusations are true or not.
    4. 'Everyone is happy'.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-07-22 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As horrible as it is, I hope people remember it isn't only women who are attacked by Blizzard employees. That should be dealt with, certainly, though the main goal should be dealing with discrimination and hatred in all forms. Not just selectively.

Multiple people hired by the company have gone on lengthy Twitter rants attacking men and/or 'white people' for example.

Hopefully all of the baggage is revealed and dealt with, otherwise nothing changes.
    That won't be the case. Defending white people, especially men, isn't trending nowadays. They are supposed to be villains these days, not victims.
    So much for all that 'equality' that is praised by 'progressive' people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    What do gay deers in game have anything to do with female employees being harassed and such...

Oh yeh, treating women with respect is "woke" nowadays... smh

On topic, I hope these assholes get what they deserve.
    Treating women (and everybody else) with respect is a must, but one most consider that false accusations became a thing long ago. These loud accusations which are approved by majority before any evidences are shown indeed are the woke culture that annoys so much sane people. No matter, be it LGBT, racial or feminism cases.
    Because it is so easy to just accuse someone, it is so fun. But then don't be surprised when you become accused, because this wheel, once started, won't stop so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    "The agency alleges male employees play video games during the workday..."
    Last I checked they are in the video game industry and mostly Video game company. So they testing, debugging or even showcasing something and they complained they play games all day. Sounds like they trying to parent them lol
    But what games do they play? I sometimes can't imagine that they play WoW at all, considering some things that went live...

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was wondering if this only concerned Activision, but the article mentions WoW explicitly. GG Blizz /s.
    And it goes all the way back to 2013 at the latest start point. With hints that this goes as far back as BC era.

Which means Morhaime, Metzen and Co certainly also knew something and need to be investigated.

Honestly i am not shocked.

Hopefully this will be thing that makes them fix themselves
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Oh... where have i seen this before?

Exactly same thing will happen here probably:
    1. Bli$$ard will deny everything after 'internal investigation'.
    2. Both sides will meet in court.
    3. Small indie company will take a few milion $ agreement since they could loose more due image loss... regardless if the accusations are true or not.
    4. 'Everyone is happy'.
    I don't think it is possible, to deny after an "internal investigation", because they are sued by the state, not some random person or activist group.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I don't think it is possible, to deny after an "internal investigation", because they are sued by the state, not some random person or activist group.
    And the state is very careful about who or what they sue. If they don't think they have you in a position where they'll certainly win then they're not going to try this.

will blizzard remove itself from the game the same way they remove people when they get sued for the same reason?

So that's why Alex Afrasiabi just vanished. How fast will Blizzard remove all references to him in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

Well. Huh.

Depending on how this goes in court, we may not be able to blame Shadowlands for killing WoW.
    What exactly does that have to do with "killing wow", which is not even killed?

If they're found guilty they'll just pay some compensation and be forced into certain standards at workplace (assuming someone monitors them afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Leave it to white men to try and make everything about white men.
    A perfect example of the attitude I was referring to.

All discrimination is bad, not just some of it. I'm trying to figure out what part of my post you took issue with, exactly, given that I at no point suggested that the other issues should not be addressed.

No wonder so many employees are leaving them. Fuck Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Leave it to white men to try and make everything about white men.
    Nice racism.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2021-07-22 at 07:02 AM.

Old Blizzard didn't die because of the Activision merger it died when making World of Warcraft and the rapid expansion of the company that they totally mismanaged, it's always been new Blizzard since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Though I don't expect much given how a lot of people over on the politics sub-forum behave on this very site...some of whom voice the exact same opinions and phrases as the aforementioned Twitter users.

As a gay guy, I also want to point out that the people who are most desperate to show how tolerant they are typically turn out to be the worst humanity has to offer. Most of the homophobia I have experienced, for example, has come from so called tolerant individuals the moment I disallowed them the opportunity to use me for virtue signalling or dared to hold a different/non stereotypical opinion to themselves.
    *taps screen* Okay this is the funniest one.

Roux might be somewhat of an obnoxious #Girlboss, but gdarn she isn't wrong when she says white men are the most fragile group ever.

Like you seriously came here to say "But what about the men that some contracted author made feel bad with her girlboss tweet" when we are talking about a company culture so toxic that lead to an employee to off herself.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    *taps screen* Okay this is the funniest one.

Roux might be somewhat of an obnoxious #Girlboss, but gdarn she isn't wrong when she says white men are the most fragile group ever.

Like you seriously came here to say "But what about the men that some contracted author made feel bad with her girlboss tweet" when we are talking about a company culture so toxic that lead to an employee to off herself.
    Nah, you're just a racist.

You also apparently struggle to actually read what you quote, since at no point did I suggest that the other stuff wasn't an issue or was less important. I was merely pointing out that the company has been hiring openly discriminatory individuals for a while now which is no doubt part of the problem.

It also wasn't a single post on Twitter. It was multiple and sustained. Most people make the odd joke here and there that can be considered to be in poor taste or questionable. When they do it repeatedly and in public, though? Yeah, no...that's a trend and a deep rooted issue.