Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This Cinematic is awesome. I love to see all the people here , on reddit and on the wow forums being mad that Sylvanas will get a redemption.
    Makes me happy. Thats going to be a really good time man

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

It sucks, though I generally lean on single player games for my craving of a good story these days.
    Try Divinity Original Sin 2. I really like that there is a storyline of a war between demons and creatures of the Void. It reminded me a bit of Warcraft and the feud between the Old Gods and the Burning Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by useyouriq View Post
    This Cinematic is awesome. I love to see all the people here , on reddit and on the wow forums being mad that Sylvanas will get a redemption.
    Makes me happy. Thats going to be a really good time man
    perfect name. use your iq and delete that reply

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Usually we do not need to look further than the video itself with Blizzard. She is no longer the "Banshee Queen", my take are that she is a high elf (blue eye) now.
    Did Arthas become a High Elf (blue eyes!) after putting on the Helm of Domination?

She's not the first undead with blue eyes (Death Knights). All that's happened is her soul is now together. It's still inside an enchanted corpse. Wether she is a 'Banshee' or not is debatable though, but she's still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Did Arthas become a High Elf (blue eyes!) after putting on the Helm of Domination?

She's not the first undead with blue eyes (Death Knights). All that's happened is her soul is now together. It's still inside an enchanted corpse. Wether she is a 'Banshee' or not is debatable though, but she's still dead.
    You'd have to ask yourself, why would an undead have blue eyes (not Death Knight ones)?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You'd have to ask yourself, why would an undead have blue eyes (not Death Knight ones)?
    Because souls are shown as blue in cutscenes, plus they wanted an obvious contrast from red/evil eyes to blue/totally-good-now eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't disagree. But I think arguing that the orcs somehow ceased to be an warlike, expansionist force on foreign turf is just not really compelling and doesn't really align with the original presentation in classic nor the later developments of the race.
    Yeah. This is where the crucial distinction between 'sympathy' and 'empathy' comes into play. For people to relate to a character, it's important they can empathise with them. But it's not necessary to sympathise with them.

In Game of Thrones, people were able to empathise with the Dothraki even though they were brutal barbarians that raided and enslaved peaceful people. A swarm of locusts raiding their continent, no sympathy. They were savages but there was nobility to their way of life.

But Blizzard tries to make players sympathise with the horde, and turns them into a bunch of lovable doofuses who keep on getting screwed by whoever is their warchief at the time.

There ought to be a contrast in philosophies between the Horde and the Alliance. Either a savage brutal Horde vs a humane Alliance, or a more humane Horde vs a viciously militant Alliance. Either way work. But bit of A and bit of B makes this a mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    There ought to be a contrast in philosophies between the Horde and the Alliance. Either a savage brutal Horde vs a humane Alliance, or a more humane Horde vs a viciously militant Alliance. Either way work. But bit of A and bit of B makes this a mush.
    I don't think the Alliance is supposed to be "humane" either. It's just that Blizzard at some point decided that showing the uglier aspects of these types of societies just isn't a good a look anymore so they turned the Alliance into this enlightened moral world police that exists to remind sad orcs what it means to be "honorable".
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Because souls are shown as blue in cutscenes, plus they wanted an obvious contrast from red/evil eyes to blue/totally-good-now eyes.
    That explains her soul apparition when she gets it. Not her eyes. The reason she has blue eyes is because of her High elf origins. No other undead shows such eyes.

No other undead shows such eyes.
    Death Knights do.

Death Knights do.
    She doesn't have Death Knight eyes.
    I'm talking pupils, iris and such...

She doesn't have Death Knight eyes.
    I'm talking pupils, iris and such...
    If there was a Death Knight in a cinematic that wasn't using in-game models, like how that's clearly not ingame model Sylv, they might.

If there was a Death Knight in a cinematic that wasn't using in-game models, like how that's clearly not ingame model Sylv, they might.
    Nope. They have a glow. Both the Lich Kings and Anduin.

I bet Blizzard will somehow shoehorn a redemption arc for Sylvanas out of this. It's just disgusting.

I mean, she allied herself with the very entity that is responsible for her torment to begin with.
    How fucking DUMB must she be?

@Eggroll Look at the Jailer and you see two things. Daloser copypasted both Thanos from MCU and Amon from SC2. Expect him to give the beloved waifu the Kerrigan treatment. Sadly, after she's a Xel'Naga, I fully expect that she won't fly away like Kerrigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    @Eggroll Look at the Jailer and you see two things. Daloser copypasted both Thanos from MCU and Amon from SC2. Expect him to give the beloved waifu the Kerrigan treatment. Sadly, after she's a Xel'Naga, I fully expect that she won't fly away like Kerrigan.
    You heard this, Sylvanas fanboys? You'll see your waifu naked soon! Prepare yourselves and your tissues.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    No other undead shows such eyes.
    Lillian Voss
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Lillian Voss
    Death Knight eyes. Although, she's no Death Knight.

Sylvanas' ascension to become an Eternal God on the Pantheon of Life is all but assured.

That cinematic was awesome. Despite all the shitty writing Alex Scumbag Afrasiabi did in BfA and damaged her, I think Danuser got this.
    I hope that everyone who is really upset with the idea of Sylvanas getting redeemed will just cancel his sub and f off to some other game and never come back.
    Sick of all those annoying people they should just go