Poll: Do you think 9.2 will be Good?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's like reading coffee cups.

If it will be like 8.2 it will be glorious, if it will be like 8.3 it will be meh.
    Even that isn't really saying anything. It could be a version of 8.2 that sucks despite entirely new zones and dungeons, or it could be a version of 8.3 that gets lauded as the best patch ever in spite of reusing zones.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Blizzard is at its lowest ever point in many respects so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It's far too early to tell really. 9.1 is pretty decent by .1 standards. the big question is how long 9.1 will last
    Well in to 2022. I expect late January release.

Or maybe late November if they decide to cut on content which they probably will. Got to bag that another 6 month sub!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even that isn't really saying anything. It could be a version of 8.2 that sucks despite entirely new zones and dungeons, or it could be a version of 8.3 that gets lauded as the best patch ever in spite of reusing zones.
    8.3 was praised? When?

The last patch that got overall, general approval was Argus and before that 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    Korthia doesn't really feel like the maw, other than the fact that there's a flight path connecting the two.

Personally, I'm hoping that shadowlands will remain low effort so that the next expansion is "another legion". Unlikely, but a man can hope.
    As if Blizzard is going to waste money by even trying. The cash shop is the only thing that matters to them as it makes them money. They are just going to half ass each expansion and they've been doing so since Legion.

Legion was the last time they really tried to bring people back, it was their last ditch effort. You can even read between the lines in Afrasiabi's quote about the Artifact weapons. It was an over the top decision but it was made because this was the pinnacle of WoW lore by stopping the Legion, we needed that over the top power. WoW should've ended after Legion. But the cash has to keep flowing so that's why they jumped the shark by adding all sorts of weird lore like Shadowlands.

Basically, WoW is already dead. It's just the cash shop with a poor excuse of a game on top of it to fool you into playing.

How the F can we give a consensus when we know literally jack shit?

Not gonna vote on that principle alone. I can say however that I do not expect another 5.2.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Well in to 2022. I expect late January release.

Or maybe late November if they decide to cut on content which they probably will. Got to bag that another 6 month sub!
    Depends if they’re planning a 9.3 - if no 9.3 then I can see 9.2 coming out Jan 2022 with next expansion dropping late 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    ● Will there be a 9.2 at all?
    This is the real question. I'm betting no.

Depends if they’re planning a 9.3 - if no 9.3 then I can see 9.2 coming out Jan 2022 with next expansion dropping late 2022.
    I would be amazed if 9.3 is still on the cards - they can and frankly, should end the story in 9.2. The Jailer is going to the Matrix Architect room, we run after him, aided by reformed Sylvanas and freed Anduin who got a glimpse in to Jailers plans a la Pippin in ROTK and we stop him. The end, move on.

I enjoy the new raid and torghast is improved imo EXCEPT for the godamn empowered buff- it's redundant, clunky, and just another godamn button that I dont't want. oh and Dom sockets are a nice way for me to make me feel like my character sucks because i dont have the 3 piece gems yet.

to me- that is all the content there is in the patch- farming rares is not content- no effort quest line is not content. mythic+ scaling up a little is not content although i do enjoy the ilvl bump. Im sure tazavesh is cool but i haven't done it yet. did i miss anything?

point being is this is 9.1 and will 9.2 be better? it will likely be the very much of the same.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

And you even created poll for such a question ? damn.

Considering that <20% of the Blizzard devs are doing all of the work (the women), while the men harass them and excessively drink during work, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

If anything, I would expect more and more devs to quit before 9.2, and hopefully see several managers in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Considering that <20% of the Blizzard devs are doing all of the work (the women), while the men harass them and excessively drink during work, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

If anything, I would expect more and more devs to quit before 9.2, and hopefully see several managers in jail.
    Yeah I'm sure that 0 of the several hundred male devs are doing any work at all. :eyeroll:

This type of nonsense doesn't actually help with anything.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

15+ Year Old Account
    Consensus? LOL
    Consensus on something that we know absolutely nothing about? MEGA LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that 0 of the several hundred male devs are doing any work at all. :eyeroll:

This type of nonsense doesn't actually help with anything.
    It was an exaggeration. I’m sure there are actual hard working men at Blizzard. But there is no question their career and reputation is being soured by their idiot male coworkers & managers. I would expect more devs to leave the company and speak out about the culture, as many already have.

My guess is that 9.2 will be some sort of smaller Argus-type patch. I think it'll add at least a new zone outside of the Shadowlands related to the First Ones with a raid being the infamous Sepulcher, where we'll fight the Jailer. It's predictible that we'll have a 10-ish chapters campaign bringing us there. I think it's also probable we'll have a new 5-man dungeon to give an sneak peak of the style of the raid and keep more casual players satisfied. The new zone will probably be very similar to Korthia content wise, with lots of rares/treasures to collect. I very doubt that 9.2 will bring anything new to the table apart from adding more stuff to existing systems like renom, conduits, etc. I think it's both too late in the expansion and they lost too much trust from the playerbase to try something drastic. Right now, they need to wrap up the expansion the fastest possible, and it's mainly about the story. I also don't think a 9.3 patch will happen, and is even needed. I'm sure the content will be fine in itself, 9.1 wasn't bad, just very very late. I hope they're working on the next expansion already and really taking into consideration players feedback this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There’s going to be a new world quest zone… all world quest zones are bad by definition.

A new system: all systems are bad too.

A new raid - who knows if it’ll be good. I’ll prob get aotc and a few mythic bosses if I feel inspired.

We’ll need to upgrade leggos grinding through some sort of Torghasty thing. #whatever

There will be a new campaign and renown. All campaign quests are bad.

New m+: the reason I’m playing, it’s nice to log in and putter around.

Simple rule is: non instanced content is always bad. Instances content is often (not always) good.

Any progression unrelated to harder content giving greater rewards is also bad.
    What an awful attitude to have. Why are you here? Why do you even play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Consensus? LOL
    Consensus on something that we know absolutely nothing about? MEGA LOL
    Right? So, what's the consensus on the expansion 3 expansions from now? Good or great?

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    What an awful attitude to have. Why are you here? Why do you even play the game?
    Remember that mmo-champers are not necessarily subscribers. It could be a person who joined in MoP and quit in WoD, or a jaded vet who joined in 2004 and is still playing out of addiction… or a noob who joined in BFA and sees nothing wrong with the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Based on story alone it's somehow going to be worse than the ending of SoD, which was already a trash fire.

There's no way they can possibly salvage Sylvanas's arc as a character
    Honestly, i have no idea how they plan to salvage the main storyline at all or the lore universe at all, because death means nothing anymore

- - - Updated - - -

It's far too early to tell really. 9.1 is pretty decent by .1 standards. the big question is how long 9.1 will last
    That's actually true. I flame Blizzard a lot, but 9.1 is very cool, except for the reward structure of the new dungeon and the SoD cinematic. Like I really, really enjoy it and I was not expecting that at all.

If it stays with us for 4-5 months, cool. 6 months would be... Fine if 9.2 looks awesome already. And more than that and it will remembered as a brother of 6.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    Korthia doesn't really feel like the maw, other than the fact that there's a flight path connecting the two.

Personally, I'm hoping that shadowlands will remain low effort so that the next expansion is "another legion". Unlikely, but a man can hope.
    I mean, BfA already was WoD 2.0, except WoD was more of a one time crystal meth escapade while BfA was a full blown meth addict.
    We got SL after that, so don't count your hopes up too high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think you played another game than most people on here, because 8.3 was everything, but surely not the greatest patch in history.
    Thus statement is so absurd to read, I don't even know what to say.
    If you enjoyed it, fair enough, good for you, but 8.3 was not well received in general.

Patch 8.3 was crap. Didn't that bring the worst system ever in WoW with Essences? Ugh absolutely dog shit system that never should've seen the light of day.

Plus going back to MoP zone and vanilla zone was pointless and not needed.

8.3 was ok not terrible but not great.

I just unsubbed due to the horrific sexual harassment and unbelievable shitty lack of accountability of senior staff only got a slap on the wrist where lower end guys got in trouble or told to keep quiet. And this went on for years unchecked. And they tried to cover up.

Just on principal I can't pay a sub to a company like this anymore. Unless some sweeping changes are made this year.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-07-23 at 04:41 PM.