Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, I remember y'all not understanding how citations work.
    Citations to the same journalists that were being called out in gamergate writing against it? You don't say..... lol
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    The "citations" don't need to come from an source, it can be made up.
    No it can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Citations to the same journalists that were being called out in gamergate writing against it? You don't say..... lol
    Sure is convenient that everyone that disagrees with you must be in on the scheme.

Doesn't sound like a stupid conspiracy theory or anything, no sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm not gonna change your opinion nor are you going to change mine.
    If we were discussing ice cream flavor preferences, sure, but percentages aren't matters of opinion--you're just objectively wrong here, which I think you know.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 1,000 current and former Activision Blizzard Inc. employees have signed a letter calling the company’s responses to a recent discrimination lawsuit “abhorrent and insulting.”

To the Leaders of Activision Blizzard,

We, the undersigned, agree that the statements from Activision Blizzard, Inc. and their legal counsel regarding the DFEH lawsuit, as well as the subsequent internal statement from Frances Townsend, are abhorrent and insulting to all that we believe our company should stand for. To put it clearly and unequivocally, our values as employees are not accurately reflected in the words and actions of our leadership.

We believe these statements have damaged our ongoing quest for equality inside and outside of our industry. Categorizing the claims that have been made as “distorted, and in many cases false” creates a company atmosphere that disbelieves victims. It also casts doubt on our organizations’ ability to hold abusers accountable for their actions and foster a safe environment for victims to come forward in the future. These statements make it clear that our leadership is not putting our values first. Immediate corrections are needed from the highest level of our organization.

Our company executives have claimed that actions will be taken to protect us, but in the face of legal action -- and the troubling official responses that followed -- we no longer trust that our leaders will place employee safety above their own interests. To claim this is a “truly meritless and irresponsible lawsuit,” while seeing so many current and former employees speak out about their own experiences regarding harassment and abuse, is simply unacceptable.

We call for official statements that recognize the seriousness of these allegations and demonstrate compassion for victims of harassment and assault. We call on Frances Townsend to stand by her word to step down as Executive Sponsor of the ABK Employee Women’s Network as a result of the damaging nature of her statement. We call on the executive leadership team to work with us on new and meaningful efforts that ensure employees -- as well as our community -- have a safe place to speak out and come forward.

We stand with all our friends, teammates, and colleagues, as well as the members of our dedicated community, who have experienced mistreatment or harassment of any kind. We will not be silenced, we will not stand aside, and we will not give up until the company we love is a workplace we can all feel proud to be a part of again. We will be the change.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure is convenient that everyone that disagrees with you must be in on the scheme.

The irony of this statement coming from someone that says anyone that supported gamergate in any way is a misogynist and hates women
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Maybe people should stop proving Alex Jones right about governments trying to put microchips in people for "health reasons", then.

And if there's no evidence of a scheme, that's just proof that it exists.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is one of the few socially acceptable outlets under this ideal and so common precisely because not processing or expressing emotions healthily *is* something that is adhered to.

No, we're pointing out that social constructs are a thing and that some of them, like aspirational ideals of behavior, are encouraged and enforced even if they're as harmful to their adherents as to the victims of that behavior.

Once again, "toxic masculinity" does not mean "men bad" - it means "our society encouraging men to be bad by forcing them into a particular mold causes enough of them to act badly for it to be problematic."

You know, like at Blizzard and how it isn't just a function of a few troublemakers but an actual culture of discrimination?
    So you agree that ostracization isn't gendered.

No, we're not. What we're (read: you) doing is intentionally conflating the extreme with the ideal. What we're doing is suggesting that men shouldn't aspire to be emotionally moderate and resilient because the extreme end is the inability to be emotionally available or open.

It means men bad to the extent that toxicity is discussed primarily with one group in mind.

The willingness to make that concession is sort of funny when social media has galvanized the showcasing of the "Karen" phenomena, which is anecdotally more often shown to be a female issue. Let me put that simply, Karen is mostly female because most of the cases we see are of women throwing childish fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of this statement coming from someone that says anyone that supported gamergate in any way is a misogynist
    Which is not in any way equivalent to claiming mass suppression of information, but okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe people should stop proving Alex Jones right about governments trying to put microchips in people for "health reasons", then.
    I'm almost afraid to ask.... When did this happen? lmfao....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    And if there's no evidence of a scheme, that's just proof that it exists.
    Sure explains the hijacking of a lot of social theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is not in any way equivalent to claiming mass suppression of information, but okay.
    lol I think you give them too much credit. 1 wikipedia article and a bunch of op-ed's isn't mass suppression imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So you agree that ostracization isn't gendered.
    Never said it was.

That we're doing is suggesting that men shouldn't aspire to be emotionally moderate and resilient because the extreme end is the inability to be emotionally available or open.
    That is not remotely what is being said at all.

That is how you, personally, are misinterpreting things.

It means men bad to the extent that toxicity is discussed primarily with one group in mind.
    Talking about a toxic ideal of masculinity is not the same thing as saying toxicity is gendered, dude. This is insane levels of reaching.

The willingness to make that concession is sort of funny when social media has galvanized the showcasing of the "Karen" phenomena, which is anecdotally more often shown to be a female issue. Let me put that simply, Karen is mostly female because most of the cases we see are of women throwing childish fits.
    Wow, it's almost as if there are toxic ideals of behavior for any given group. Doesn't make toxic masculinity not a thing, and again if your complaint is that people aren't talking about toxic ideals for other groups it's because other groups do not occupy the same level of social primacy and privilege. This is why being a Karen is primarily associated with being a well-off white woman rather than an abuelita being difficult.

I'm almost afraid to ask.... When did this happen? lmfao....
    I don't know. I think he mentioned it. And then, Sweden I think, turned around and thought that would be a good idea. Someone in a government was insane enough to think chipping people was a great idea, and not utterly insane and couldn't be abused in any way.

I don't know. I think he mentioned it. And then, Sweden I think, turned around and thought that would be a good idea. Someone in a government was insane enough to think chipping people was a great idea, and not utterly insane and couldn't be abused in any way.
    Making shit up seems to be a solid pattern for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking who is proving alex jones right and how? got a actual source on something?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Sure explains the hijacking of a lot of social theory.
    That's a pretty laughable take from people heavily invested in ignoring evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Making shit up seems to be a solid pattern for you.
    Nah, I usually just get things wrong. I'm not an encyclopedia, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you can admit it, not many here will ever admit they are wrong.