Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Yeah, a worse level.

Also I can't believe WoW devs get called lazy when in FF you portal straight to the boss and there's no trash or meaning to the 'raid'.
    There is a whole questline with cutscenes and stuff for each and every encounter. No idea why you think they have no meaning.
    FFXIV not having trash in their end-game raids in which you will wipe 80-100 times is like the best thing ever.

Just look at Sanctum of Domination, if you don't rezstone a healer you have to walk for like 2-4 flipping minutes.
    Not to mention about waiting another minute or so until everyone is ready.
    In FFXIV I wipe and instantly start the pull timer again.

If WoW would just set the respawn right in front of the boss room you are currently trying, most people wouldn't complain, but for some dumb reason, they never -well, rarely (i.e. Sylvanas), do.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-02 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    People complain that LFG teleports you to the dungeon and kills the world, surely raids being boss only with an attached tp is even worse.

Yes, I think the raid environment is hugely important. It's part of why Battle for Dazar'alor is my favorite raid ever, because you start in Atal Dazar's North entrance and end up all the way to the docks, traversing the whole city.

If raids were just boss rooms with no trash people would shit all over WoW.
    I’ve always disliked these giant, hours long raids with ridiculous numbers of bosses. I’m a grown up. I have shit to do. Maybe when I was 15 that stuff was really enthralling, but either way I don’t think wandering the halls killing trash makes anything feel more epic. There’s nothing epic about make-work fights with enemies you virtually can’t die to. What makes raids feel epic is surrounding them with a coherent story and lore that is interesting, and sadly wow doesn’t do that or even come close honesty. When you provide a proper story and lore, you don’t need fluff to make things feel epic.

FF14 boss encounters are 2-3 times as long as wow boss encounters, typically with multiple phases. I’ll take that over wows short bosses with mindless trash between them any day.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Holy shit can you stop harping on this? Leave the guy alone, you don't need to come rushing to the fucking rescue every time someone doesn't like something about the game.
    I’m going to respond to people that respond to me. If you don’t like that dynamic, maybe a forum isn’t the best place to spend your time?
    -ynnady

Then maybe respond like the big grown-up you say you are, and just agree that you can like different things. You don't need to constantly be on their ass about how they don't have a right to an opinion, or how some other game is bad.
    Yet here you are, telling me not to express my opinion, to the point where you are demanding I don’t even respond to direct responses to my posts.

If you don’t like what I have to say, block me. Nobody is forcing you to listen to me, and nobody is coming to this forum to watch you lecture me.

- - - Updated - - -

Then maybe respond like the big grown-up you say you are, and just agree that you can like different things. You don't need to constantly be on their ass about how they don't have a right to an opinion, or how some other game is bad.
    Literally the first thing in my post:
    “Nobody is demanding that you like FF14.”

Your response:
    “Then maybe respond like the big grown-up you say you are, and just agree that you can like different things.”

Maybe the problem here is you, and the fact that you are knee jerk throwing a fit in response to everything I post, and ignoring that I’ve actually said so that you can give ne a lecture on how I need to do… exactly what I already did.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Endgame raiding is 8 people. This leaves more responsibility on each person and they make more demanding encounters. It's no longer just "get 25 people geared and push the win button.".
    Lol. Posts like this are exactly the reason I won't ever bother playing FF14 again, in addition to the really fucking strange obsession with "glamour", characters that are designed to look exactly like pre-pubescent children, awful combat, and a community so enraptured by their own mediocrity that they won't even allow a damage meter.

OT: the reason people are moving is because their favourite streamer or youtuber told them to. I'm not saying it's 100% of them, but the vast majority of people who have switched have done it because they don't formulate their own opinions or like things for their own merits, they generate their feelings via osmosis from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lol. Posts like this are exactly the reason I won't ever bother playing FF14 again, in addition to the really fucking strange obsession with "glamour", characters that are designed to look exactly like pre-pubescent children, awful combat, and a community so enraptured by their own mediocrity that they won't even allow a damage meter.

OT: the reason people are moving is because their favourite streamer or youtuber told them to. I'm not saying it's 100% of them, but the vast majority of people who have switched have done it because they don't formulate their own opinions or like things for their own merits, they generate their feelings via osmosis from other people.
    What a convenient way to excuse wows poor design choices.

The irony here is that wow has encouraged the condescending, shit attitude you display here, and that is the main thing driving people from wow yet you can’t even see it because of ego.

Maybe if wow was doing so great, people wouldn’t stop playing it just because a streamer “told them to”. What kind of great game falls apart because a streamer decides to try a different game? How pathetic.
    -ynnady

in addition to the really fucking strange obsession with "glamour" characters that are designed to look exactly like pre-pubescent children
    Can you even find a single player nowadays in WoW that isn't using full transmog? What a stupid point to make..

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Can you even find a single player nowadays in WoW that isn't using full transmog? What a stupid point to make..
    Isn’t his what most of the complaints about FF come down to? Like whining that it’s a furry game even though wow has more furry races, or whining that it’s weeb even though wow has some terrible anime-style writing where the power levels are constantly escalating, or it’s immature even though wow looks like a Saturday morning cartoon?
    -ynnady

in addition to the really fucking strange obsession with "glamour", characters that are designed to look exactly like pre-pubescent children, awful combat, and a community so enraptured by their own mediocrity that they won't even allow a damage meter.

LMAO.

You act like WoW doesnt have transmog farming and that people arent obsessed with it in WoW. I mean, seriously, blizzard put in a TRIAL OF STYLE event specifically for people to show off their transmog. People spend just as much time in WoW doing their transmog as people do in FFXIV. FFXIV just has more options. Shame on players for liking stuff that you dont.

Lalafels. One race out of 8.

Combat is to each there own. Some like it, some dont. Not really anything else to say about that.

The community HAS a damage meter. That many people use. SE really doesnt even care if you use it. Its a wont ask, dont tell situation. They do however care when you start being a toxic pos and start raging on someone for it.

And lots of people came to FFXIV before streamers starting doing it. Its been growing for years. I will credit streamers for the helping with the recent surge but to say that the vast majority of new players is because of a streamer is just fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Isn’t his what most of the complaints about FF come down to? Like whining that it’s a furry game even though wow has more furry races, or whining that it’s weeb even though wow has some terrible anime-style writing where the power levels are constantly escalating, or it’s immature even though wow looks like a Saturday morning cartoon?
    He was apparently complaining about Lalafels too even though there's gnomes in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    • Is it though? Of the links you posted 87.5% of the options are faster than the fastest FF14 job. Only 5 (12.5%) of them have less CPM than NIN, with only 1 of them being melee. This is also a silly comparison because NIN is an outlier in FF14, and is already 15% faster than the next fastest class, and on average 30% faster than every other job.
    • Tanks have significantly more CPM in WoW than FF14 to the point that 4/5 of them have 27% more CPM than the fastest tank in FF14. If we compare against the other 3 tanks, that gap widens further. The outlier (Blood DK), is only 14% faster than the GNB, but 40% faster than it's comparably slowest tank in FF14.
    • Logs have not shown what you stated to be true. Your absolute fastest specs in FF14 are on par with the slowest specs in WoW. The majority of them appear to be 10-20% faster; which is significant when compared to anything BUT NIN.

Seems pretty far off to me, but maybe I'm misinterpreting the data somehow? Feel free to correct me.

Yubadtho? I'm messing

Why would combat be a superficial thing? I'm not even sure graphics (or by proxy art style) qualifies as superficial either. It feels as though you're trying to marginalize players who care about these things as lesser players.
    CPM between wow and ffxiv are not directly relatable. You use much more time in ffxiv to dodge mechanics than you would do if quaking, volcanic and the twister one would be on the same week in m+.
    Ffxiv is movement heavy game. Wow is cpm heavy

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    people wouldn’t stop playing it just because a streamer “told them to”.
    not saying this is the case or not here, but you would be heckin amazed at what people will do because someone "famous" told them to, or are doing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    not saying this is the case or not here, but you would be heckin amazed at what people will do because someone "famous" told them to, or are doing themselves.
    I don’t think people are quitting games they love because a wow streamer tried a different game,
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wallance13 View Post
    1. Developer play the game, love the game, balance the game, listen to players and make changes to improve, planning to keep it going forever
    2. No 3rd party for generating toxic
    3. Best music and most of it can listen over and over again without hating it.
    4. Interesting enough story for an MMO
    5. Lot of content and not just about raid raid raid. Gold Saucer, Beast Tribe aka faction, crafting, Glamour/fashion, many ways to farm gears, mini games
    6. Over all good community.
    7. Final Fantasy references.
    8. Suitable for all standard skill players.
    9. The rewards are eternal and unique. No places where your hard earn collectibles easily obtain from real money. Which make it special for your hard earned reward.
    10. Can use one character for all jobs, no need to log in and out to suffer que time and other hassles.
    11. Graphic is not cartoon. Enough to handle for MMO across PC and PS
    12. Cross play PC and PS4/PS5
    13. Can commit while Yoshida is like giving his life to this game. He is a legend.
    14. Gathering is good as well where you just wanna mining or fishing to earn some gil and relax playing it.
    I read this, and can't help but chuckle so hard. It's insane the cognitive dissonance on display here.

Even thought it's not explicitly written here, I fully expect someone to be anti-WoW faction reps yet adore beast tribes, which is 100x worse.

And that's only the beginning of this post dissection.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I read this, and can't help but chuckle so hard. It's insane the cognitive dissonance on display here.

Even thought it's not explicitly written here, I fully expect someone to be anti-WoW faction reps yet adore beast tribes, which is 100x worse.

What's wrong with reps? I used to love those before Blizzard stopped caring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    What's wrong with reps? I used to love those before Blizzard stopped caring.
    Nothing is 'wrong' with WoW's reps, at least in relative comparison to FFXIV's. They look like gold.

People who have problem with wow's reps would think FFXIV's are insanely bad, and that's why I was laughing at this other guy, because he is OD on FFXIV copium. You can see the powder marks and shill ticket a million miles away with that single line he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What is reading comprehension?

Do 99% of people in WoW do bikini mog and 10 year old children characters like he said happens in FFXIV?
    Last edited by Daffan; 2021-08-03 at 12:36 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

My main issue with WoW reps is they aren't account wide, that's basically negated in FFXIV by not needing multiple characters to play all the jobs.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I mean, I've played since ARR 2.0 and have consistent orange logs and I complain about the GCD all the time. I firmly believe there's room for faster gameplay, OR at the VERY least way more oGCDs added per job (some are admittedly in much better shape here than others).
    Last time I was at the endgame in FFXIV was late in ARR, and I found the GCD over-long, but having some oGCD stuff to weave in helped (my main jobs were SMN/SCL). More recently I levelled through Heavensward and partway through the next expansion, before quitting. I quit for a couple of reasons. One was that Summoner had been messed with to the point it felt unrecognisable - no tanking pet, massively more fiddly rotation, etc., and Scholar wasn't that much better. The other was the GCD. It's too long, and filling it with oGCD buttons isn't the answer to my mind. Maybe if my main job was something else I'd not have been as bothered by it, but that's how it was.

I did try a couple of other jobs, including Red Mage (to start at a higher level), but they didn't seem to be the answer, and led to another reason I quit - every job seemed to have the same fundamental system at end game, where you built up power to a big CD. SMN had this the worst, but they all seemed to have you playing around this build-spend thing. I'd had enough of that in WoW's Legion class design, thanks.

To me the main drawback of FFXIV compared to WoW is that character movement, actions, and all that feel smoother in WoW, and the combat rotations are hugely more fluid. This is less true now than in the past (more buttons including oGCD in XIV, and less engaging and complete rotations for many classes in WoW), but it's still there (or was last time I played XIV, about a year ago).

I've only done a few beast tribe quests, but they all seem to be 3 per day takes about 2min to do and they are clustered closely together. Better or worse, they for sure are a whole lot less annoying lol.

Nothing is 'wrong' with WoW's reps, at least in relative comparison to FFXIV's. They look like gold.

People who have problem with wow's reps would think FFXIV's are insanely bad, and that's why I was laughing at this other guy, because he is OD on FFXIV copium. You can see the powder marks and shill ticket a million miles away with that single line he wrote.
    I hate WoW reps and while FFXIV reps aren't much better, they're not "insanely bad" compared to WoW. We get it, dude. you hate FFXIV and will make up any comment possible to try and make it sound worse than WoW.