Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Token woman? Grow the fuck up. She led VV, which is arguably a better studio than Blizzard since 2012 or so.
    Yeah right, VERY arguably. VV produced a few good games...and so many generic shitty games I lost count. Without the scandal she would have never scored that job...thats the definition of token woman.

Ok. I mean I'm sure they're both corporate assholes like any others, but this is a first (at least symbolic) step in the right direction. I wonder what the blizz workers think about this.

I'm glad they promoted from VV to take over. New, fun perspectives are what is needed now. Fresh ideas.

Bobby Kotick will not be stepping down , for him to "step down" another company would have to buy activiblizzard and honestly who would buy this company right now??

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You realize the "original" crew caused a lot of the problems that are ongoing with the lawsuit, right? It's nothing new and most of the cases date back to when it was just the "original" crew.
    a lot of people dont realize that a lot of the decisions that messed up some things in WoW were made by people from the original crew. its just easier to blame the parent company like they have say in day to day operations of a subsidiary lol

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Yeah right, VERY arguably. VV produced a few good games...and so many generic shitty games I lost count. Without the scandal she would have never scored that job...thats the definition of token woman.
    What is the last game Blizzard released that is better than the Tony Hawk remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    To silence the mysogynist community of gamers, which remain rampant, so naturally compose a percentage of WoW

But yes she has all the credentials herself

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    a lot of people dont realize that a lot of the decisions that messed up some things in WoW were made by people from the original crew. its just easier to blame the parent company like they have say in day to day operations of a subsidiary lol
    Oh yeah definitely. People just assume whoever is around is the cause for every single problem there is. For instance, the lawsuit it not only pertains to recent events but dates back several years. Things that are going on with WoW? Years in the making. Now granted I have no problems with WoW now other than you know changes I wouldn't mind seeing a few spots, but nothing like "let's burn it to the ground".

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    You both would sound a bit more mature if you refrained from flaming. Especially considering you trying to judge a person based on 1 line.
    She may have all the experience there is, but she's been put in leadership position of a company she's been in for 5 months. With another guy. Right after the company has been hit by sexual harassment investigation.
    Jen Oneal has been a part of Vicarious Visions for 13 years. She's clearly an established authoritative voice in the gaming industry considering the success that VV has had.

To be perfectly honest, you can frankly piss off with your bullshit implications that she's some nobody outsider who came in and was hired because of some diversity quota.

You are part of the problem and its rather pathetic that you'd choose to go this route in terms of your (Totally and super, duper, valid and-not-in-any-way-influenced-by-misogynistic) influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    These are individuals who appear more than qualified for the position. I can understand skepticism from them being new to Blizzard, as there must have been other individuals eyeing the position, but I cannot understand the blatant sexism of assuming Oneal was simply selected because she is a woman when she has roughly the same work experience as Ybarra, her counterpart, and has more out-of-work experience by working with mentorship programs.
    I'm not saying her gender was the only factor, but I think it was pretty strong one. I picture the situation as "quickly, we need a woman in charge, what's the best we have?". Doesn't matter how experienced she is, in the current situation it looks like "we're not sexist because we have a woman in charge".

Also, as I said elsewhere - I doubt these 2 will have any real impact on the studio with Activision telling them what to do. That's my ugly view on the corporate world.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's a rather ironic statement as he turned out to be correct. Who really plays classic now? Everyone moved onto TBC because they got bored of Vanilla.
    There are people advocating for fresh classic servers and they have been before TBC even launched. I personally prefer BC-Cata era over vanilla, but the original version definitely has a cult following.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    Yeah, it's not surprising at all that we'd see quite a bit of that.

While the video game industry is far from the only industry with rampant sexual harassment, the stories that we've been hearing about Blizzard absolutely reflect the fact that this company was created and staffed by "gamers." Just because Blizzard is in the process of being dragged into the light, that doesn't mean that the original source of their culture problem is going to be suddenly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    Bobby Kotick will not be stepping down , for him to "step down" another company would have to buy activiblizzard and honestly who would buy this company right now??
    And why would he, people might not like him or what he does, but those with power to remove him loves him since he earns them shitload of money, and even if he would decide to leave another would just take he´s place with same goal as Bobby, goal being earn as much money as possible for shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Jen Oneal has been a part of Vicarious Visions for 13 years. She's clearly an established authoritative voice in the gaming industry considering the success that VV has had.
    And I would believe that was the reason she was promoted if she was in the company for longer and it didn't happen in the shadow of sexual harassment investigation.

Quit the flaming
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I'm not saying her gender was the only factor, but I think it was pretty strong one. I picture the situation as "quickly, we need a woman in charge, what's the best we have?". Doesn't matter how experienced she is, in the current situation it looks like "we're not sexist because we have a woman in charge".

Also, as I said elsewhere - I doubt these 2 will have any real impact on the studio with Activision telling them what to do. That's my ugly view on the corporate world.
    Except...she's has dual control with a male developer/

Whoops there goes your anti-female narrative up in flames.

I'm sure 4chan still has a place for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Can't you make the same argument in reverse? I guess it would be too much to ask Mike lead the company alone without a woman helping him out...

You see what you want to see.
    I mean, in this case she was the head of a games studio. Actually one that has quite some sweet titles under its hat. He is the guy who spends his time making the plattform nobody pays attention to outside of quickly accessing their blizz games look nicer. I mean, in this case its not a matter of feminism, she's an actual game dev.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
    WoW won't be better till all the original crew come back, and they ditch all the corporate bloat.
    You mean the people responsible for the current mess Blizz is in?

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's a rather ironic statement as he turned out to be correct. Who really plays classic now? Everyone moved onto TBC because they got bored of Vanilla.
    You can't actually be serious, right?

And I would believe that was the reason she was promoted if she was in the company for longer and it didn't happen in the shadow of sexual harassment investigation.

Quit the flaming
    Yeah everybody knows 13 years is just a random, arbitrary, amount of time clearly not indicative of experience.

Just admit you're butthurt a woman is now co-controlling Blizz.

Bigots gonna bigot. Just own it, at least you'd be honest, if nothing else.

And how much mmo experience do they have ? how many successfull mmo games have they been in charge for before ? Not expecting much going forward to be honest. Hopefully im wrong, but i don't really see wow coming back after shadowlands

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    There are people advocating for fresh classic servers and they have been before TBC even launched. I personally prefer BC-Cata era over vanilla, but the original version definitely has a cult following.
    It does, but it's hardly the majority of the player base. People thought they wanted classic, they just wanted to revisit old content to play it again for a while and then move on to another era.