Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    FF 14 players can complain about Sylvanas once you solve your Ascian infestation.
    Ascians didnt get a character with rewritten inner thoughts and motivations constantly because Yoshi-P wanted to fuck them tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Ascians didnt get a character with rewritten inner thoughts and motivations constantly because Yoshi-P wanted to fuck them tho
    Oh, the irony..

How can you say that, when the game is full of almost naked female characters, with big boobs and furry tails growing out of their bums?!

I would have thought the developers' rampant perversity is quite obvious...
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    Oh, the irony..

How can you say that, when the game is full of almost naked female characters, with big boobs and furry tails growing out of their bums?!

I was referring to the ascians, mate.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

FF 14 players can complain about Sylvanas once you solve your Ascian infestation.
    Bold of you to assume we all want to solve the Ascian problem. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the developers and the game respect my time
    The world feels more alive, I bump into people chatting, bard bands and cheering crowds, beach parties (one was on twitch live with a DJ) and the story actually doesn't suck, it's great.

People are more accommodating and friendly, I often get freebies and random hellos or compliments. Have not had any negative experience in months yet and not in dungeons either. My FC (guild) are also super nice. Overall while elitists exist, they're nowhere near as prominent as in wow.

Crafting and fishing are also well done with far more engaging gameplay than WoWs gather mats and hit craft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    Oh, the irony..

I can't say I find too many pervs and I'm on balmung of all places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    GW2 graphics? Is that a joke? If I wanted a water-color hallucination I'd eat acid and watch the Yellow Submarine on repeat. That game does not have good aesthetics, in my opinion.
    Try turning off postprocessing and gw2 immediately looks 10x better imo. It gets rid of that soft-edged super-luminous full screen trippy blur.
    Last edited by Will; 2021-08-04 at 02:21 PM.

So, we shouldn't complain about a trash villain and trash writing because we have good writing in our game...? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The one thing I really enjoy about the game is how it keeps older content relivent without being absolutely required at the same time. I mean it's amazing you can run all the instances and raids at varried difficulties no matter the expansion makes for a much deeper content stream. So when a new expansion hits it doesn't just ditch everything from before and you are stuck running the same 6 or 7 things for 2 years.

That was a fucking genius move imo.
    If "how about we don't make every single piece of previous content irrelevant for no reason" is a genius move, the bar is set pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    If "how about we don't make every single piece of previous content irrelevant for no reason" is a genius move, the bar is set pretty low.
    Yet FFXIV seems to be one of the few games that actually does it. For such a low bar, it's obviously difficult to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yet FFXIV seems to be one of the few games that actually does it. For such a low bar, it's obviously difficult to clear.
    To be honest, I can't even recall any other game that does this.
    TESO and GW2 doesn't have an item level system afaik so all the gear is equal, the only thing that matters is the quality of the items.

But well I haven't played all the MMO's.
    Maybe there are some.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    To be honest, I can't even recall any other game that does this.
    TESO and GW2 doesn't have an item level system afaik so all the gear is equal, the only thing that matters is the quality of the items.

But well I haven't played all the MMO's.
    Maybe there are some.
    TESO and GW2 are about the only ones I can even think of where the content isn't irrelevant/ obsolete after you're passed the level it's intended for. I intentionally used the term "one of the few" because I don't know them all, but I've played a LOT of them and very few of them (GW2, TESO, and FFXIV) have systems that keep low level/ past content relevant after you've cleared the area.

TESO and GW2 are about the only ones I can even think of where the content isn't irrelevant/ obsolete after you're passed the level it's intended for. I intentionally used the term "one of the few" because I don't know them all, but I've played a LOT of them and very few of them (GW2, TESO, and FFXIV) have systems that keep low level/ past content relevant after you've cleared the area.
    I've played a few hundred hours of GW2.
    But there is no point to go back to low level areas.

Or did I miss something?

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I guess it is then. Because it seems pretty standard not to do it.

I've played a few hundred hours of GW2.
    But there is no point to go back to low level areas.

Or did I miss something?
    Nope, you didn't miss anything, not really. But the content there is still "relevant" if you DO want to go back to pick up a point of interest you may have missed or there's an event you want to do or whatever, it's not obsolete or anything, there's just not very much reason to go back there.

Nope, you didn't miss anything, not really. But the content there is still "relevant" if you DO want to go back to pick up a point of interest you may have missed or there's an event you want to do or whatever, it's not obsolete or anything, there's just not very much reason to go back there.
    That's true for most MMO's out there, no?
    In WoW you can go back to do achievements, collect pets and mounts etc.
    In TESO you can go around and do map completion, collect skyshards...
    Most (if not all) MMO's has something to do even in lower level areas.

Wow has become a terrible game made by terrible people.

So even a mediocre game looks like it's worth trying.

That's true for most MMO's out there, no?
    In WoW you can go back to do achievements, collect pets and mounts etc.
    In TESO you can go around and do map completion, collect skyshards...
    Most (if not all) MMO's has something to do even in lower level areas.
    I guess so, but by "relevant" I mean "still provides level appropriate rewards." Old content simply still existing and allowing you to visit it when you want doesn't necessarily mean it's still relevant, in that context.

In WoW, once you leave Elwynn Forest and are level ~50, there's nothing bringing you back except low level content you want to go back and complete for completeness sake, but it doesn't give you level appropriate rewards, like xp or gear. Mounts and gear for transmog are an exception, because those rewards are relevant regardless of level.

In ESO every zone is "level appropriate" and the rewards scale up along with you so they're always relevant and continue to provide you with level appropriate xp. Skyshards are relevant at every level.

In WoW, once you leave Elwynn Forest and are level ~50, there's nothing bringing you back except low level content you want to go back and complete for completeness sake, but it doesn't give you level appropriate rewards, like xp or gear. Mounts and gear for transmog are an exception, because those rewards are relevant regardless of level.
    But what MMO gives you level appropriate rewards like gear in a low level area?

Elder Scrolls Online?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you yourself mentioned GW2, which is one of the few games that does it. Gear drops are based on your level rather than the zone's level, and you still get experience even at level cap (for masteries), which also scales with your level (to a degree i think? it's been a while). Also various zone events in low level areas are still relevant at max level for their rewards.

FFXIV doesn't really do it for zones out in the world (unless you want to grind fates for alt jobs or certain time-limited events like the yokai one) but it does keep lower level dungeons relevant by putting them in a roulette people still want to do even at high levels for experience, or even at level cap for currency to trade for gear/items.

It's been ages since I've played ESO but I think that game also just makes zones scale with your level all the way

I don't remember a thing where I can get ascended or even exotic gear doing low level areas in GW2.
    Yeah maybe you can get some rare/yellow gear sometimes (RNG) but by level appropriate I meant like useful, good gear that I can use on my max level character.