Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People have already said it and although it will never happen, they seriously need to blow it up and completely reinvent the game. They likely won't do that because it's too risky and the game still makes big money.

But from a creative/gameplay standpoint Modern WoW is sort of a listless mess. Nobody even knows what type of game it is anymore or the type of game it's even trying to be. It's basically just a skinner box treadmill of "progression" systems with new instanced raids added so often. It's basically like a genreless timewasting mobile game you just play on your PC instead.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better and faster DEV teams!

Seriously - that people stop whinging about every single thing there is.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there's so much I'd like them to do.

But I think above all else, the single biggest thing that has to change for 10.0?

Classes need their mechanical depth back, all of them. Every class, every spec, needs something new mechanically. Something unique that defines them, and is more than just "well your debuff icon is an icicle instead of a fireball." Right now WoW classes all break down to the same 3 archtypes, "burst window," "combo point builder," and "bar filler," with the only differences being colors and spell effects.

There are games out there that make their classes feel unique and play radically different just through creative use of mechanics, no excuse for WoW not to be one of them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

New class or Class Skins (that have some new talents)

Pretty much any class, be it Tinker, Dragonsworn, Shadow Hunter or other. Or with Class Skins, just a whole bunch together.

Top 1 wish: No 10.0 at all, move on, make some new game and stop beating dead horse.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Removal of CRZ BS, LFD and LFR. That would make me ecstatic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Top wish for 10.0? Delete all these stupid systems: conduits, soulbinds, ROFLgendaries (i.e. Legion or SL versions) and AP (in any of its versions), etc. Purge them from the surface of Azeroth, and elsewhere, and give all classes/specs a complete toolkit upon reaching max level, instead of locking key bits behind obnoxious grinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Top 1 wish: No 10.0 at all, move on, make some new game and stop beating dead horse.
    WoW2 is a way stupider idea than trying to steer the game into a better direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    WoW2 is a way stupider idea than trying to steer the game into a better direction.
    Not really, WoW 2 is bad from a lore perspective, but a "new" game is a clean cut from a game that has slid way too far down the mountain. With a new game they can make major changes under the guise of it being a brand new game, to try to give the game a better base and framework. With WoW, they're limited to their base code and they can't make massive sweeping mechanical changes cause it will upset too many players who enjoy things the way they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

true been hoping for this for the last few expansions since they went down this shitty slope

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Nobody said anything about wow2. Read with comprehension.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    My top 3:

1) Ditch all this "cosmic" story BS. The Legion and its interdimensional ships were more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lava lash spreads Flame shock again

Dungeons designed in a way so M+ goes back to pulling 5 packs without assigning 24 kick/knockback/stun rotations, basically legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    wow 2
    only way wow can be saved
    an expansion doesnt cut it
    this.

many times this.

i played every single expansion since vanilla but i feel like i won't play the next one- unless something incredibly drastic happens.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Tons of things which means none will be taken

1-content meaningful through patches, i really dislike how this seasons work, this wasnt a lobby game, i dont want to farm the same trinket 4 times in an xpac just because it drops from m+ and hey theres a new season.

How a more linear progression will work is like this for me: Lfr baked into normal mode with lfg autoqueue and new patch outdoor ilvl on par with previous normal mode raid +3ilvls, so launch 100/107/114 patch 1 107/114/123 patch 2 114/123/130 for raids and 97,100 and 103 for outdoor content. Proffesions relevant ala TBC with 2 or 3 slots filled with heroic ilvl every patch and with hard to get instanced content reagents required, ofc tier sets returning on heroic and mythic

2- carries forbidden either with gold or real money

3-destroy wow token

4- if you can make an expac so full of content, variety, secret mounts, proffesion quests, order halls, suramar, rares, legendaries in last patch, and much more like legion did, we are not going to expect less going forward.

5- no power related systems, 1 or 2 new habilities each xpac class wide and the return of class and immersive quests where you get explained why you get those things, why its important, why should you care, involving you with the story.

6=your game shouldt be an 8h rush trough nothingnto get to lvl 50 and then start the real game, ive been playng swtor last couple of months and the immersion and the story is so driven that i am not even level capped and not planning on it, same as FF xiv but that game I played already 1yr ago and the same happened to me, i finished the free month and i wasnt even lvl 50 if I recall and still remember every cutscene uo to 80 later on, i actually only played that game for the amazing story, roleplay of my char on it and immersion.

7-theres tons of systems that can be implemented, like dyes, housing with new professions, mount equipment, mount combat assist or mounted combat itself, relics with no power peogression just like farming legendarios in wotlk or cata with strong group involved quests and lore.

Dont worry if any of this content isnt for you because you know what? The health of the game depends on how many millions of people are playing, ahd the lore variety, the more atractive.

On a last word, I would like to say that "you think you do but you don't" was a correct statement, just not about classic but retail. thanks blizz, i realize I don't wanna play your game in such a state and ive been doing so since 1 month after SL

These are my thoughts, I'm sorry because english is my 3rd language and i do my best.
    I know your thoughts may be different, that's the beauty of the world. Enjoy your day and thanks for reading

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    An actually fun game with a wealth of content and a large amount of enjoyable replayability that doesn't string people along and waste customer time excessively.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cutting ties to people's characters and collection is the sure way to kill off wow for good. Millions will leave, and very few people will start.
    Lol, classic says hi.
    You know that thing blizzard counts on for MUA retention?
    Blank slate, brand new characters doing content that was 15 years old.
    A proper WOw 2 would crush expansion sales.
    The feeling of having missed whole expansions keeps many people from coming back.

No stupid covenant or similar choice system. It killed my entire interest in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    A proper WOw 2 would crush expansion sales.
    The feeling of having missed whole expansions keeps many people from coming back.
    So basically people are idiots and are suckers when it comes to branding. Yeah I'd believe that.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.