Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    this shit pisses me off every time i see it. literally my fav spec and char i played in the game for 10 years deleted for some random people to have a dumb meme alt
    It is my fav Character in the game right now for 5 Years. What is your point? People like different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    copium
    so hip. so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I find it nice to play a spec many others don't.
    It does check out: you do just want to be a unique snowflake. But there's a reason no one plays that one while lots of people played ranged SV. It's because melee SV is, in fact, the garbage spec.

It was the most boring garbage spec in the game, and I am glad they got rid of it. My favorite spec for 11 years, Marksman got obliterated in BfA, but I am not here throwing a tantrum about it. So very happy old survival got thrown out seeing melee Survival is the only fun hunter spec.

I even have two survival hunters.
    been irrelevant for 5 years. actually makes me very happy that it's completely memed on constantly and nobody likes them.

I was just about to make a post about survival hunters, is there any chance they will be good? I mean atleast mid to mid-high tier. I really enjoy the spec but the damage is SOOOO low compared to other classes. Is this spec doomed forever or will it see the light some day.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

I'm playing a hunter main since the end of BFA. Actually what is Survival for :-D I've never ever selected this spec.

When I think about the name survival, a TANK hunter would be actually quite interesting.

With the introduction of Ana in Overwatch I was baffled to see a SNIPER healer. I mean come on. But she is actually the strongest healer in Overwatch, or at least the most influential one.

Currently tanking is about standing directly at gun point. Could there be a way to be a SNIPER tank? Maybe in a form of a more sturdy "beast master" playstyle. Instead of doing damage with your pet, you use it as your "remote tank", while managing the correct skills for damage mitigation. Like a feral druid with his forms, you can chose different pets for specific tanking situations (aoe, single target, kiting etc.). Advantage: Great flexibility/utility. Disadvantage: Every pet has limitations/different abilities.
    Last edited by noctim2; 2021-08-05 at 07:55 AM.

It was the most boring garbage spec in the game, and I am glad they got rid of it. My favorite spec for 11 years, Marksman got obliterated in BfA, but I am not here throwing a tantrum about it. So very happy old survival got thrown out seeing melee Survival is the only fun hunter spec.

I even have two survival hunters.
    The most boring? You mean the only Hunter spec with min-max and a fun proc ability. Also the one that was unique and focused on elemental damage rather than physical.

MM was the most boring shit ever, 1-2-3 rotation for its entire life cycle until Legion rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The most boring? You mean the only Hunter spec with min-max and a fun proc ability. Also the one that was unique and focused on elemental damage rather than physical.

MM was the most boring shit ever, 1-2-3 rotation for its entire life cycle until Legion rework.
    The proc ability was not fun, at all. Not immersive in the slightest. Uniquely boring, sure.

And while I played MM all these years, Legion iteration was the most fun spec I've played in the game. To bad they ruined it in BfA.

But you don't see me blaming others for that on forums that they ruined my life like the few others here. That's so fucking sad. I just have fun with melee survival instead.

The proc ability was not fun, at all. Not immersive in the slightest. Uniquely boring, sure.

And while I played MM all these years, Legion iteration was the most fun spec I've played in the game. To bad they ruined it in BfA.

But you don't see me blaming others for that on forums that they ruined my life like the few others here. That's so fucking sad. I just have fun with melee survival instead.
    Legion version of MM was overrated, what happened to the WoD one though, that one actually had real potential to give fun gameplay opportunities, as well as having a more solid base for new players to learn and get good at. Now that was a spec that really separated the wheat from the chaff in a good way.
    If only the patient sniper ability didnt scare so many players oof we might have had a good iteration on it instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This is all up to subjective opinion, but the fact that ranged SV was a widely popular spec that people still reminisce about today while melee Survival is consistently one of the least popular specs and has always caused immense controversy on the forums tells us that not a lot of people share your opinion.

Hope in a revamp with all my soul...
    I want my "legolas gameplay style" back.... RSV from cata to wod played ALMOST the same at the core: Full mobility, focus on keep dot up, "wak-a-mole" explosive RNG... Done.
    Only time after wod an hunter spec was similar was Mid Legion MM meme build, with the right legendary we were able to NOT cast that boring aimed shot... and spam like good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Legion version of MM was overrated, what happened to the WoD one though, that one actually had real potential to give fun gameplay opportunities, as well as having a more solid base for new players to learn and get good at. Now that was a spec that really separated the wheat from the chaff in a good way.
    If only the patient sniper ability didnt scare so many players oof we might have had a good iteration on it instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    To me the Legion version was underrated, but hey, opinions. It was super fun. In Legion it also separated the best from the worst until they changed it a bit in 7.2.5, when they nerfed vulnerable bonus but buffed base on other spells.

Imo WoD was overrated because everyone seem to include the 4set from Hellfire. No one seemed to care much for how it played without. I liked both versions, but how aoe worked in Legion was just so good.

Thanks for valid input and decent post btw, seems to be overall lacking in the hunter department. When someone seem to wanting to have a proper discussion like you I am all ears.

This is all up to subjective opinion, but the fact that ranged SV was a widely popular spec that people still reminisce about today while melee Survival is consistently one of the least popular specs and has always caused immense controversy on the forums tells us that not a lot of people share your opinion.
    And thats fine for me to play an unpopular spec. And to be honest, if they changed it back to ranged I wouldnt mind. If its fun I'll play it anyway.

I love the hunter class, but to me BM and MM now isnt fun. Survival is to me, fun. Would be nice if people just left it at that instead of coming with some lowball insult like some other posts.

Its a shame that many lost their favorite spec going into Legion, I know the feeling. Just dont blame anyone but the devs for it.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-08-06 at 10:28 AM.

At this point could just make survival a tank spec, adding another tank spec option to game wouldn't be bad. Survival and feral always those odd specs in a class that has a ranged spec that brings all the same utility to the raid if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. Blizzard doesn't revamp specs that no one plays. It's a waste of resources and blizzard will never revert it to ranged. They are too stubborn to admit they are wrong. The best that the 17 people who play survival can expect is a gradual change.
    lmao @ 17 people playing survival. Love it!

I doubt you'll get the old spec back. Chances are they'll do the same as what they did to shadow priests. Or they'll turn it into a tank spec because we have no mail tanks yet, and I think Survival is a great candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofblood View Post
    At this point could just make survival a tank spec, adding another tank spec option to game wouldn't be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernoxas View Post
    Or they'll turn it into a tank spec because we have no mail tanks yet, and I think Survival is a great candidate.
    For the record this has always been and will always be a stupid idea. Tanking neither fits the Hunter class identity nor the expectations of the people playing it.

For the record this has always been and will always be a stupid idea. Tanking neither fits the Hunter class identity nor the expectations of the people playing it.
    I mean it is called survival, and there is no mail wearing tank. As someone who played hunter until my spec was deleted, a tank hunter makes more sense than a demon hunter or a drunk monk does, and it definitely makes more sense than the melee version.

10+ Year Old Account

Sidewinders go brrrr.
    I still don`t understand how anyone could have enjoyed that playstyle / class phantasy to be honest. But people like different things...

Anyway, i just think they implemented melee hunter ( and melee hunter lore ? ) really bad.
    For me BM made a lot more sense to be melee.
    Fighting alongside & commanding your pet in battle, overwhemlimg the enemy - that sounds like a BM hunter to me, not a SV hunter.
    I think they made a lot of bad decisions with hunters when working on legion and have now to live with it, because they can`t revert legion`s hunter lore / content etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Sidewinders go brrrr.
    I still don`t understand how anyone could have enjoyed that playstyle / class phantasy to be honest. But people like different things...

Anyway, i just think they implemented melee hunter ( and melee hunter lore ? ) really bad.
    For me BM made a lot more sense to be melee.
    Fighting alongside & commanding your pet in battle, overwhemlimg the enemy - that sounds like a BM hunter to me, not a SV hunter.
    I think they made a lot of bad decisions with hunters when working on legion and have now to live with it, because they can`t revert legion`s hunter lore / content etc ...
    I did not play Sidewinders And I wasnt really 120 before Nov 2016 so I went straight to Trickshot build and I also played Piercing Shot. Sidewinders as ability wasnt that great, but apart from that, fantastic. Imo

I personally are very fond of the whole ranged sniper who stands at 50 yards and spam heavy hitters like Aimed Shot(no fucking charges) then in AoE you come closer, mark every target and spam your AoE. I miss it. A lot. I even leveled one more to spam dungeons to level through because doing Marked Shot aoe was so fun to me.

And I agree. BM would be the more obvious choice, but you also have the trap fantasy so there is that. I think they left BM as ranged with pet because outside raiders etc there is a big base of players that are so fond of the whole idea of running around in the world with their pets. Thats my theory
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-08-07 at 02:24 AM.

What all people likely forget is allways that the hunter was in vanilla the last implemented class. Since there it is the most played and beloved class of all. Back there was also the survial a melee, the beastmaster more spirit linked to his pet and the mm was just a common bow or gunman.

I know the melee vanilla version was crap. I do not know anybody played this and it doesn't matter at all anyway. But I'am sure a lot of hunter's used a combination of MM and SV, I used it too. I loved it to chop one melee the head off with the destroyer of worlds and snipe from shadowmelt some healers. Or put some ice trap under me during open world hunting and to see a few seconds later a frozen sneaky boy in there ... ready to get harvest. I never played some thing else then hyprid.

Blizzard forced us to choose to play melee oder range, this is the main issue for me with the hunter in this game right now.

For me the Survival is more or less FINE. It is close to the old hyprid play style, by dancing around the death zone between melee and range, get fast in for Raptorstrike, Wingclip and run out to refresh range dot's or trap some one. Try it, you will love SV for sure.

MM ist just .. MM ... play the rotation ... is like to play mc ... be there and just auto attack ... hell could it be more boring?

BM .. is ... I don't feel connected or bounded to my pets any more. They are so plenty, I don't care ... we can't train them, no food it is just ... let them attack and go for coffee, jesus this is so stupid brain dead.

Noo, noo. If you want fun as hunter ... you have only one choice -> Survival. Go for it!!

BR
    Nessa