Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    In 2011 Alabama passed a law that caused most of the illegal immigrants to leave the state and the farmers found they couldn't bring in their crops because the legal citizens wouldn't do the job for more than a few days especially at the wages that the illegal immigrants would do it.
    Exactly.

As I have said more times than I can count, "Show me any job that can't get American's to do it, and I will show you a job that isn't paying what it is worth to do it". And that is by a decent margin as you have to pay substantially below what the job is worth given how easily we sell out for less than we are worth here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    It's important that we secure our border, especially amid the pandemic we are living in. Unvaccinated people coming across the border represent a risk to our loved ones with their unvaccinated status translating to a literal death sentence for Americans across the country. We need to be mindful of this until the pandemic gets under control.
    Oh the virus that's just a flu? Don't have to worry about it if you're vaccinated, but I guess immigrant "just a flu" is worse than "just a flu."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I don't believe I stated that undocumented migrants were the primary driver in spreading COVID-19 in the US.
    And yet you stated that it's worrying because of them. Air isn't as transparent as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    then maybe the red hats should start wearing masks and get vaccinated, as that is the major reason the delta virus is surging.
    Because the Delta variant surge in the UK and other parts of Europe was totally due to low vaccination rates…

Sounds like it should be true but that doesn’t mean it’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Because the Delta variant surge in the UK and other parts of Europe was totally due to low vaccination rates…

It’s the case.

We have an awful lot of idiot anti vaxxers over here who certainly haven't helped the situation...

I hope the immigrants crossing into the US illegally don't catch Covid from all the idiots that are refusing to get vaccinated even though we're literally giving the vaccine away for free to US citizens. That's the only thing I'm concerned about when it comes to our border.

I didn't know the UK was in the US.

So, a sizeable percentage of Americans being anti-vaxx idiots is the fault of Mexican immigrants...?

Yeah, sounds about This is America...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So, a sizeable percentage of Americans being anti-vaxx idiots is the fault of Mexican immigrants...?

Yeah, sounds about This is America...
    Well you see, if it wasn't for the Marxist democrats eliminating the US border, and allowing illegal immigrants to come in and rape and pillage America, and also allowing them to vote so that the Democrats can let in more off them, then those people wouldn't distrust the government and would have gotten the vaccine.

Oh that's sarcasm, just to assure.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But if you are pro Trump you hate vaccines? Wouldnt that mean you want more free-thinking immigrants who aren't vaccinated as well? Or does 'he brown' just trump all of that, no pun intended?

Can you people not even at least be consistent?!?!?
    President Trump isn't in Office anymore, if President Biden is serious about his travel mandates regarding vaccinations of Foreign citizens entering the US, then unvaccinated illegal immigrants should be a concern as well. Again, one of several reasons why border security is paramount.

10+ Year Old Account
    President Trump isn't in Office anymore, if President Biden is serious about his travel mandates regarding vaccinations of Foreign citizens entering the US, then unvaccinated illegal immigrants should be a concern as well. Again, one of several reasons why border security is paramount.
    There is no evidence to back the claim that there is any significant infection vector related to unvaccinated immigrants.

Mexico has a higher vaccination rate and lower infection rates than most of the states expressing concerns about this in the first place; any illegal immigrants to those states is likely to improve their figures.

In the end, the whole thing is a fact-agnostic diatribe used to cover up the rank racism that's really being expressed in these "concerns". It isn't about COVID. It's about them being Mexican.

Again, there's no evidence of asylum seekers coming here with covid and spreading it. This is just a bog-standard xenophobic, anti-immigrant talking point for conservatives.

Yeah...if BC is serious about the topic he should research it first before shooting his foot while it's still stuck in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, there's no evidence of asylum seekers coming here with covid and spreading it. This is just a bog-standard xenophobic, anti-immigrant talking point for conservatives.
    It would be a stretch to believe that a highly contagious virus that the world is cyclically shutting down for, pushing vaccines & vaccine passports for, and is continually a topic of conversation on the nightly news, wouldn't be spread through a specific group of individuals just because they are either a) seeking Asylum or b) crossing the US/Mexico border illegally.

Again, one of several important reasons for protecting our border.

It would be a stretch to believe that a highly contagious virus that the world is cyclically shutting down for, pushing vaccines & vaccine passports for, and is continually a topic of conversation on the nightly news, wouldn't be spread through a specific group of individuals just because they are either a) seeking Asylum or b) crossing the US/Mexico border illegally.
    Yet it's republicans in the USA who are spreading the Virus and Misinformation.

Yet again you're ignoring that the borders are protected.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet it's republicans in the USA who are spreading the Virus and Misinformation.

Yet again you're ignoring that the borders are protected.
    This conversation isn't about what political party is spreading the virus within the United States, it's about the necessity of border security and how the current pandemic factors into that. I believe there are other threads to discuss COVID-19 on a more general basis.

Regarding your statement about the borders being protected, that would insinuate that no illegal immigrants crossing the border are uncaptured, correct?

So show the data, then. Otherwise you're just selling us a strawman based on conservative talking points rather than anything based in reality.

Because the data shows that it's actually the conservative parts of the country with Republican governors that's where the worst of the covid spread are, purely from natural born American citizens.

This conversation isn't about what political party is spreading the virus within the United States, it's about the necessity of border security and how the current pandemic factors into that. I believe there are other threads to discuss COVID-19 on a more general basis.
    Yet you're the one accusing immigrants of Spreading Coronavirus in the USA.

Regarding your statement about the borders being protected, that would insinuate that no illegal immigrants crossing the border are uncaptured, correct?
    yet again ignoring that borders are protected?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So show the data, then. Otherwise you're just selling us a strawman based on conservative talking points rather than anything based in reality.

Because the data shows that it's actually the conservative parts of the country with Republican governors that's where the worst of the covid spread are, purely from natural born American citizens.
    The Conservative talking point that illegal immigrants are fueling the rise in COVID-19 cases in the US isn't based in reality and something I believe that you, and others on this forum, are continually getting tangled in. The notion I presented earlier is completely reasonable, unless COVID-19 isn't as contagious as you, and others are making it out to be.

As I said earlier, this topic is about COVID-19 and how to impacts border security, I believe there are other topics to discuss COVID-19 in a more general sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet you're the one accusing immigrants of Spreading Coronavirus in the USA.

yet again ignoring that borders are protected?
    If foreign travelers entering into the US are enough of a threat to the public for the government to require them to be vaccinated, it would be a little unusual to approach the US/Mexico illegal border crossing with less concern, no?

Again, one of several reasons on why border security is important. The fixation on COVID-19 is only part of the problem. I don't see much in the way of discussion towards arms/drug smuggling, or the entrance of individuals who are a national security threat to the US, so I'd imagine it's safe to assume that everyone in this discussion agrees with me.