Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys, we've been having a few instrumental toys in Shadowlands, with brand new musical animations.

Definitely a sign that Blizzard is preparing something *wink wink*

I think the next Class will surely be the Bard, hehe.

Sure why not, I'm down. I'd spend more time playing music than the game though

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Thanks for bumping this. It's hilariously awful and lifted right from FF14. No one wants bards any more than they want "tinkers" or whatever. WoW needs class balance not more classes to screw everything up. And certainly not some flute-toting furry skipping through the fight and "healing" them with music.
    So what class do people actually want?

I respect the work you've done on this, but i hope blizzard'll never add an actual bard into WoW, never liked the overall idea of bard nor would it fit into the game itself imho.

I absolutely love the idea of a bard class and it's the one thing I genuinely wish WoW had.

There's some weird parts with this incarnation of the class though. Some of the passives are really strong. One that really caught my eye is the one that increases xp and honor gains. That alone probably makes bards mandatory in anything but max level content.

Another is there's no mention of lorewalkers at all, which are the bards we already have in WoW. They're wandering storytellers who sometimes play instruments. Those are the bards we're looking for and bringing a major lore character, like Lorewalkers Cho in as a representative of the class is well needed.

Finally, I have issues with the healer spec. While I like the way the resource works generally, I really don't like the lack of mana on the healer. All healers are built around the idea of mana as their limiting resource. Many items specifically for healers help with their mana management. This spec lacks that, and while their charisma generation looks to have had some effort in addressing this, I'd really just like to see the healer spec modified to use mana. You could even have them use a lot of mana per ability and when they get all the charms and activate Allure, they'd get a huge boost to mana regen.

Overall, it's a cool concept, but I think it'd need some modifications to be useable on live. I'll probably come back to this later and give a more thorough review of the abilities, since this is something I'm really interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The NECROMANCER of course

A dying game that lacks cool archetypes can't afford to add joke classes. If I'm wrong, guess that speaks volumes for those who still support this. Imagine not having a Void class or Night Warrior/Dark Ranger not being playable and getting a freaking support Bard class or an Engineer instead.

I think power infusion kind of shows how a buff class wouldn't work well in wow. To many moving parts that single cd already causes issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    The NECROMANCER of course
    The OP has a Necromancer class concept in his sig

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    I respect the work you've done on this, but i hope blizzard'll never add an actual bard into WoW, never liked the overall idea of bard nor would it fit into the game itself imho.
    We have Space goats with magic ships in our high fantasy game and you think Bard clashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There's a huge amount of variety with existing classes. As I said, people want balance, not new classes. And if we do see a new class, it's unlikely it'll be a Bard--RPers have been talking about this for 15 years and we get DKs, Monks, Demon Hunters, etc. first.

And, yes, this is a straight lift from FF and other games. Not only are the abilities all modeled right after other games but the abilities listed are ridiculously over-powered and just plain silly. There are plenty of 'support' specs already without having some dude running around with his harp and another person rolling on cloth dps gear (or hunter gear or rogue gear or whatever other class it is they end up gimping).

double post - deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    We have Space goats with magic ships in our high fantasy game and you think Bard clashes?
    i just dont see how music magic would fit in WoW, dunno. Like ESO would fit bard more than wow (if you know TES lore atleast a bit) and also its a personal preference, always disliked the very concept of bard as a class, maybe as profession it wouldve been okay-ish but not as entire class.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You know, once upon a time the idea of playing as King-Fu-Panda fighting in hand to hand martial arts seemed like an absolutely ridiculous idea...
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You know, once upon a time the idea of playing as King-Fu-Panda fighting in hand to hand martial arts seemed like an absolutely ridiculous idea...
    Atleast pandas were in w3 and all that..

No it didn't. They polled extremely high amongst races people wanted early on in the game's life, along with Brewmasters as a class.

I don't want a Bard made up of abilities from bards of other games.

I want Bards like ETC, with guitars you can call axes !

A Rock Spec for DPS with monstrous Riffs.

A Metal Spec to Tank mobs with a Moshpit ability.

And a Jazz Spec to heal your allies with smooth melodies.

This is way more silly than the usual Bard archetypes, but at least it's Warcraft silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No it didn't. They polled extremely high amongst races people wanted early on in the game's life, along with Brewmasters as a class.
    You are confused - Pandas as a race was mocked - hated - it was NOT a popular option, and was one of the biggest complaints about MoP. When i say kung-fu-panda fighting hand to hand partial arts, you are so confused you dont even realise i am talking about WindWalker. Some people had asked for BM, yes, but the idea that we would be fighting galactic threats by punching them furiously seemed laughable at the time, and was rightly mocked as being a terrible fit, better suited for an Asian mmo.

In fact - one of the main complaints about MoP in general, including the monk, is that it was not a good fit for wow, and should stay in Asian mmos.

In fact - one of the main complaints about MoP in general, including the monk, is that it was not a good fit for wow, and should stay in Asian mmos.
    lol do you know how many Asians play WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    lol do you know how many Asians play WoW?
    Funny you should ask - firstly, that is actually completely irreverent to the discussion at hand - a lot of Asians watch the Simpsons as well, but if they did an entire season in Chinese, i think its safe to say people outside of china would be annoyed (just an example, obviously).

However, it makes up a large chunk of wows playerbase now, but compared to locally / Korean produced games it was well down the list. The irony of your comment is that was again one of the complaints when announced - that it was a cash grab by Blizzard, trying to cash in on the Asian market by catering an entire expansion to them. The point im making, is that MoP is not commonly regarded as one of, if not the best expansions in wows history, at least from a gameplay perspective - so things that seem crazy right now, can be loved further down the road.