View Poll Results: Do you WQ?

Voters
149. This poll is closed
  • I still do WQs. Same as previous expansions 10 months in.

22 14.77%
  • I do WQs, but much less than previous expansions.

13 8.72%
  • I do WQs, but only the really fast and/or weekly ones.

40 26.85%
  • I don't do WQs in Shadowlands any more.

63 42.28%
  • This is a nonsense answer because I had old leftover Chinese food for lunch and my tummy hurts.

11 7.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do, I find it relaxing although I am not clearing whole map like I was doing it in Legion. I just pick quests I need or find interesting.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-08-23 at 05:41 PM.

I do them a lot less than the previous two expansions. I did them fairly religiously in Legion & BFA. Normally they are a nice time waster while watching TV, but SL took away the variety and made some of them longer, with hidden steps, so I started logging in, seeing what emissary was up, looking at available quests, and saying fuck it, and logging back out or doing something else in game.

When I was still subbed I completely ignored them. Shadowlands WQ were just so boring. Usually just the same 3-4 world quests every time in each zone that were just recycled leveling quests.

I haven't since the latest patch. What I would like would be an option to choose your WQ rewards. For instance, when you pick up the emissary quest you can say "I desire more anima for the sanctum!" or "Our enemies are strong, I require better armor and weapons to fight the forces of the maw!" or even "I'm just in it to get paid. Gold or I don't."

Then all the quests would reward whatever you wanted, so your time playing actually provides a worthwhile reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This thread brought up an interesting question. Do you still do WQs on your main?
    I need a little bit of anima to complete 197 sets on my alts and I don't want to do Korthia for this purpose due to no flying, so yeah, I still do WQs for 2-3 days to grind anima.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    The WQs I still do are the Callings that pop up each day if you can count those, the once a week Korthia one and all the other Korthia quests which adds up to anywhere between 30 mins to 1hr 30 mins depends on how slow I feel.

Only reason I'm really doing them is to max out Renown and max out the 2 Korthia rep factions that's really about it.

I need the gold from the callings to get the monthly token so yes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I just got the Necrolord paragon mount, which means I have all the toys/mounts/pets from the reputations, so I don't really see why I should do WQ's anymore tbh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    When I feel like it. I do some every week but I don't do them every day.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    When I was still subbed I completely ignored them. Shadowlands WQ were just so boring. Usually just the same 3-4 world quests every time in each zone that were just recycled leveling quests.
    Not to mention, the quality of the rewards depends on renown instead of scaling with gear like they used to - that's just hilarously bad design.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Got the exalted reps and never cared about upgrading my base nor anima so stopped doing them after a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not to mention, the quality of the rewards depends on renown instead of scaling with gear like they used to - that's just hilarously bad design.
    They do scale with gear, renown just increases the caps. I agree that it's poor design because those caps increase way too late to be useful gear. Cap right now is itemlvl 207 at best (most are 200), when you can easily get upgraded 220 gear from Korthia-- and anyone with that level of renown has to have done it in Korthia in 9.1 as most of the renown available is from the Korthia weekly and story quests. Basically, any gear <220 has essentially zero value even for casuals.

WQs no korthia dailies yes

Is it bad if I go/went back and did the older world quests during the current expansion?

-Like during bfa, going back to legion to finish up wakening essences to get all legendaries for all classes
    -And now farming for echoes/pearls (a little hard pressed to do mechagon after it being my last rep to get all 9 paragon rank 4 essences, plus I am ally so travel is worse than horde) to buy rank 3 essences so alts have a full library for completionist reasons?

Pretty hard pressed to do SL stuff, just talking to the npc to do the callings is enough of an annoyance, unless I have binge time to do all 3 in a day.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-08-23 at 06:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Remember when emissary w BfA sometimes gave 2000 gold? Well, now every single one is like that + every calling is faster than old emissary + very often you can do all 3 at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Used to do full map clears since launch until February or so. I prefer BFAs WQ style over Shadowlands tbh. Really wish we also got the Legion follower-perks for doing WQs back too!
    They are there unless you mean getting them exp. Korthia unlocks anima and rep bonuses for doing world quests, daily quests, and rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Remember when emissary w BfA sometimes gave 2000 gold? Well, now every single one is like that + every calling is faster than old emissary + very often you can do all 3 at same time.
    Remember when you had 1-2 warden quests; 1-2 Kirin tor; a solo kill quest for the zone in Legion, and the next zone zone over had the remaining warden plus kirin tor? Thus fulfilling all 3 emissaries, and then you spam that out 11 more times to get lego chances (and then later on wakening essences)?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Remember when you had 1-2 warden quests; 1-2 Kirin tor; a solo kill quest for the zone in Legion, and the next zone zone over had the remaining warden plus kirin tor? Thus fulfilling all 3 emissaries, and then you spam that out 11 more times to get lego chances (and then later on wakening essences)?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
    Still SL is often faster than Legion. Now you can get "3 world quests"/"fill the bar"/"elite WQ or dungeon"/"3 rares or treasures" at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They are there unless you mean getting them exp. Korthia unlocks anima and rep bonuses for doing world quests, daily quests, and rares.
    I think he means the follower equipment that you could get up to 150g per WQ from

10+ Year Old Account
    Only for callings if I feel like it. Not often though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.