Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    It's not thread derailment, you simply don't posses the knowledge of what China executes on to achieve their objectives.

This is part of geo-political chess, it's an easy move to exploit.
    And now you're not only in thread derailment territory, but also conspiracy theory territory.

You're seriously claiming to possess super-secret knowledge about the China's foreign policy game plan? Knowledge that isn't backed up by any evidence, and only your rampant fear-induced speculation?

Puh-leeze.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I mean good luck trying to make us shit ourselves over china negotiating with the Taliban when the Taliban are the ones in proximity to china and wow look at that, China wants to protect itself, the nerve, the audacity.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And now you're not only in thread derailment territory, but also conspiracy theory territory.

You're seriously claiming to possess super-secret knowledge about the China's foreign policy game plan? Knowledge that isn't backed up by any evidence, and only your rampant fear-induced speculation?

Puh-leeze.
    Do you denounce the Communist Party of China?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean good luck trying to make us shit ourselves over china negotiating with the Taliban when the Taliban are the ones in proximity to china and wow look at that, China wants to protect itself, the nerve, the audacity.
    Thank you for agreeing with me.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
    agreeing that China should negotiate with the Taliban?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, one would think that if a China-Taliban partnership against the US was going to be a danger, it would have made far, far, far, far more sense for it to have materialized when the US was actually, you know, stationed in Afghanistan.

Why the fuck would it matter as much now as it would have at any time in the last 20 years? It's not like we're worried about China turning the Taliban into more of an enemy of the US, right?

- - - Updated - - -

What is this, McCarthyism? Grow up, horker.

The CCP are opponents. They're not the fucking boogeyman. They're far more invested in the world and its stability than, say, Iran or North Korea.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I mean, one would think that if a China-Taliban partnership against the US was going to be a danger, it would have made far, far, far, far more sense for it to have materialized when the US was actually, you know, stationed in Afghanistan.

Why the fuck would it matter as much now as it would have at any time in the last 20 years? It's not like we're worried about China turning the Taliban into more of an enemy of the US, right?
    never mind the fact that China can do way more damage to the US just by hacking it's banking institutions and power grid. no suicide bombers needed.

- - - Updated - - -

What is this, McCarthyism? Grow up, horker.

The CCP are opponents. They're not the fucking boogeyman. They're far more invested in the world and its stability than, say, Iran or North Korea.
    Can you please answer the question - do you denounce the Communist Party of China?

never mind the fact that China can do way more damage to the US just by hacking it's banking institutions and power grid. no suicide bombers needed.
    PR is a huge part of Propaganda. If they can make the US look bad with the pullout, it seeds feelings of doubt within US allies. Which is why they immediately started harassing Taiwan with saying "HEY LOOK AT THE US! YOU CANT TRUST THEM", right when things started to go bad with the pullout.
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-08-24 at 04:47 PM.

PR is a huge part of Propaganda. If they can make the US look bad with the pullout, it seeds feelings of doubt within US allies. Which is why they immediately started harassing Taiwan with saying "HEY LOOK AT THE US! YOU CANT TRUST THEM", right when things started to go bad with the pullout.
    the US was always going to look bad pulling out lmao. like you are completely delusional if you think the Afghanistan situation wasn't going to end the way it did. take the L like Biden did. be based like Biden, take your L and go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you please answer the question - do you denounce the Communist Party of China?
    That question was literally derailing the thread, and yet I already answered it.

Instead, you ignored the actual portion of the quote that was relevant to this thread.

Blatant sealioning is blatant.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Do you denounce the United states of America?

Anyway..........

Biden won't budge on the deadline. Huge fuck up. He seems barely functional, maybe we'd get more sense out of Kamala.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Anyway..........

Biden won't budge on the deadline. Huge fuck up. He seems barely functional, maybe we'd get more sense out of Kamala.
    I mean, not like he has much choice. The bearded bois hold all the cards and just ignoring them is a big risk that could end up a disaster.

Maybe there still will be some kind of deal cut out, after all CIA chief did not go over there to just drink tea with some terrorists.

the US was always going to look bad pulling out lmao. like you are completely delusional if you think the Afghanistan situation wasn't going to end the way it did. take the L like Biden did. be based like Biden, take your L and go home.
    It only looks bad, because the Afghan government fled like cowards and had their military surrender. It wasn't supposed to wind up like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It only looks bad, because the Afghan government fled like cowards and had their military surrender. It wasn't supposed to wind up like this.
    "Yeaahhh it's all the brown people fault! Totally not our shitty planning, failure to understand just about anything and execution. How dare these aboriginals not just run and die for nothing while we pack up and dump them, we gave them so many dollars wtf"

Color in WH changed, reasoning remained.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, not like he has much choice. The bearded bois hold all the cards and just ignoring them is a big risk that could end up a disaster.

Maybe there still will be some kind of deal cut out, after all CIA chief did not go over there to just drink tea with some terrorists.
    Maybe. The Taliban are playing hardball and it's pathetic that they're even in a position to do that at this point. Johnson didn't get anywhere with Biden, a painful reminder of the laughable notion that we have a 'special relationship' with them, and also that America will very aggressively pursue their own self interest.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Welcome to the right wing of American politics!
    I don't see Biden's obvious decrepitude as a party political or left/right issue. I watched him take questions on Afghanistan on ABC's YT channel earlier and literally in the first 2 minutes he got confused over what to call his defence secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Here is a good take of all the mess that is going over on in Afghanistan. This show does its homework regardless of who is the one talking.

Absolutely great take on it.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I grant you Biden's utter lack of giving a shit about anything did not help with getting things set up, but again this whole thing was arraigned by the Taliban, the Afghan government, and the Trump administration. they had months to plan this stuff out, and failed to do so, again, with no help from the Biden camp.

PR is a huge part of Propaganda. If they can make the US look bad
    The US needs absolutely no help in looking bad to allies or enemies