Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    [QUOTE=hambone2626;53355991]
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post

multishot zon is OP in baal and dia runs because of its physical damage and using guided arrow for magic damage.

No they aint. Bow amazon is incredibly weak One of the worst more mainstream builds. You have two-handers with 1000 damage, while bows has 200-300. They can't compete with most normal builds. But yes the quiver change would not be arrows alone, they would need quiver with stats like Diablo 3.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

A few ideas from playing the Beta:

• Timers for temporary buffs. I know that Diablo 3 does this with showing the duration remaining on the skill it's self, or as a buff above the skill bar. I know that it wasn't there in the original, but being able to see when your Frost Armor, or Werewolf form is about to run out would be a huge help so you know when to re-cast them.
    • HP bars above monsters/players/companions. If you play with a controller you can see a meter above the monster you're currently attacking, but that's it. Maybe Path of Exile has spoilt me, but being able to see a rough estimate of not only how much damage your attacks are doing, but if your AOE is actually hurting monsters would be a great help.
    • Damage numbers. Again, not in the original, but I think it would be a nice visual boon.
    • Re-rolling shop inventories as a button. I know you can re-roll the gambling screen for vendors, but you still have to either exit the game and re-enter or leave town and re-enter to shuffle the inventories of NPCs.
    • Showing how many sockets an item has on it's icon. Again, maybe Path of Exile has spoilt me, but rather than having to hover-over every single item in a shops inventory you could see at a glance if any items have sockets. I'd even extend this to the player inventory as well, so just you could see what gems/runes were socketed in your own gear without having to hover over them.
    • Potions re-stocking from inside the inventory. I don't mind having to shift-click potions back into the belt after a fight, but I don't understand the rational behind it? Did the original devs never intend for players to bring with them a full inventory of potions, so the "down-time" between fights would extend the game? I'm not sure. Apparantly if you use a controller/player on console you can re-stock from your inventory but this option is ommited for PC players.
    • A way to revive mercenaries without going back to town. Maybe as an item, like a potion, that would need to be used on the downed NPC. It'd cost the same as the cost of reviving them at the mercenary vendor, but you could hold it in your inventory rather than having to go back to town.
    • Experience on/off toggle. Purely for low-level runs.

1. Charms inventory. Charms have always been a terrible design. Trading QoL for power is never a good game design choice. The real choice of Charms should be which ones you use. Of course charms would only work in that separate inventory and no other things could go inside it.

2. I'd like to be able to keybind abilities like a hotbar (d3/wow style) I think the swapping as it is is pretty dated and a straight downgrade.

3. Optional personal loot on game creation. For those who want it.

4. Killable Cow King baselined (think this is done). Bugged Andariel baselined or fixed (no reason why a permanent advantage/disadvantage like this should be gated behind a bug).

5. Think the chat font is a bit bad atm so some adjusting there.

Think those are the main ones for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I did a whole video on the topic with some 45-suggestions from the community and my own things. People who say no changes are just angry people on Twitter who have ZERO clue - If we wanna draw in more people we need bigger changes from this old game...Also how did nochange turn out in classic wow...It was fucking aids.
    I don't think the whole #nochanges thing was bad at all, at least not for TBCC I am exclusively playing it and have been since June 1st. It was when the game was actually a game and you could play your class and experience as much or as little play time as you wanted and like me be Fully BIS geared and still run Kara weekly because its an 11 boss raid that can be finished in less than 2 hours.

The javazon gets the extra space for charms, melee capability without weapon swapping, and the option to wear a shield. But I thought that was offset by the bowazon getting more interesting abilities like freezing arrow, multiple shot, guided arrow, and strafe. That's just my opinion though since I have not played a javazon yet. I'm looking at her abilities and I think lightning strike and fend look the most interesting to me. The javazon poison abilities and melee abilities look a bit underwhelming at a glance but I'll have to try it out after launch.
    Javazons have 3 main offensive skills. Lightning Fury(for clearing massed groups of enemies), Charged Strike(which is one of THE fastest boss killing abilities in game), and Lightning Strike(for small groups of spread out mobs where Lightning Fury is less effective). Lightning immunes are an annoyance, but you can deal with them using Jab and your merc. Fend was terrible in the original game cause the skill didn't work properly, and the poison abilities were never great.

- - - Updated - - -

Guided arrow only does physical damage by the way. I didn't play hell mode when I played D2 as a kid so I don't know how many physical immune mobs there are. The bowazon needs at least 1 non-physical damage source, I think.
    Physical immunes are annoyingly common. 1 point in Magic Arrow with a few +skills gear was how most bowzons dealt with physical immunes if they didn't have party members to do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I don't think it's salvageable. It was a great game 20 years ago, but i surely can't endure all of that again. Same as with WoW classic.
    Basically this.

I was kind of hyped for D2R, even bought it and played the alpha (or beta, or whatever it's called) and just decided that it's not for me and I can't play it - ended up refunding it. Inventory management required without being able to teleport back to the city at any time is bad enough to deter me from playing. Then there's weird and clunky ability system, talent system and map navigation. Can't even pause the game and that's something I desparately need cause I'm constantly leaving my PC during the day. For some reason, D3 which is also always online, was able to implement pausing, and D2 wasn't.

Think I'm gonna wait for D4 instead.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I dont understand why people are complaining, they never said they would expand on it.

This is literally a mix of "cashgrab" for the tiny amount of people that were still playing it online and seriously, cause for 2021 that stuff was disgusting to look at, doesnt matter how good D2 was in 2002, and "remaster for newer generations" of a very famous old Classic, complaining about QoL and updates that newer games have is beyond silly.

Either dont fall for the cashgrab or play the game as it is for the 23423423 billionth time.

They did add one major QoL, which is Cow King death no longer locks you out, which is massive for online play since you dont require others anymore if you fuck up.

Just do your MFer, waste 2 weeks farming (Or get lucky drops and do it in a few days?), trade your items, do your tristamer and go PvP or uninstall, thats it.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-08-26 at 01:36 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you add the quick stack potions from inventory you remove the part where if you are in the middle of a fight and need to restock, you need to run to a decent safe spot and restock it. If you were just able to quick stack, you could just stand still in shit with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Can't even pause the game and that's something I desparately need cause I'm constantly leaving my PC during the day. For some reason, D3 which is also always online, was able to implement pausing, and D2 wasn't.
    Not that I particularly care to convince you to play D2R if the rest of the game isn't your cup of tea, but the beta that's been available for the last 2 weekends has been exclusively multiplayer and you can't pause online multiplayer games.

For offline single player, hitting the escape key that brings up the save & exit etc should also pauses the game. I'm at least fairly certain that was the case for the original game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I would like a 6 button interface for 6 different abilities like diablo 3 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Basically this.

I was kind of hyped for D2R, even bought it and played the alpha (or beta, or whatever it's called) and just decided that it's not for me and I can't play it - ended up refunding it. Inventory management required without being able to teleport back to the city at any time is bad enough to deter me from playing. Then there's weird and clunky ability system, talent system and map navigation. Can't even pause the game and that's something I desparately need cause I'm constantly leaving my PC during the day. For some reason, D3 which is also always online, was able to implement pausing, and D2 wasn't.

Think I'm gonna wait for D4 instead.
    It's a 20 year old game.. of course your systems are gonna be 20 years old.. temper those expectations man. lol

The only thing in d2 that would interest me is hardcore.
    Softcore is just teleporting through acts. Join groups for runs. Get bored after a day because there's nothing left to do than endless farming.

That would just give you low level circlets, no? At most gambling gives you ilvl gear that is the same as your character level plus 4.
    Correct, that being said I got a pretty crazy set of mods on the Beta. I'm at work so I can't post the screen shot, but my level 24 druid gambled a +1 Shadow disc, 20% Cast rate, 9-30 Cold damage, +19 energy and +29 of a single res.
    Certainly not end game level stuff, but I personally enjoy having powerful and niche rares in the early stages, as opposed to
    "This wolf hat gives +2 poison creeper, idiot"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    The only thing in d2 that would interest me is hardcore.
    Softcore is just teleporting through acts. Join groups for runs. Get bored after a day because there's nothing left to do than endless farming.
    Yea, I mainly played D3 on hardcore, love the HC community. Anytime I switched back to softcore the game just felt like an iterative simulation with no real consequences for sucking and not reliably improving. But I do think there should be a way for you to earn like 1 re-incarnation per year or something like that, even if you can only earn it on the same character who might need it. Because sometimes it is only the internet that kills you and not because you made a wrong choice.

For D2 though I think I'll only play a ranged class on hardcore and a melee class on softcore. Because it seems like melee characters would be too much of a punching bag in hell difficulty. If hell mode didn't nerf most of your leech then I'd feel more comfortable with HC melee in D2.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-26 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't think the whole #nochanges thing was bad at all, at least not for TBCC I am exclusively playing it and have been since June 1st. It was when the game was actually a game and you could play your class and experience as much or as little play time as you wanted and like me be Fully BIS geared and still run Kara weekly because its an 11 boss raid that can be finished in less than 2 hours.
    Sure, TBC works somewhat better, but there are still major problems Id change. But its miles better than Classic wow, or even Diablo 2. So that is why we need changes...Else people get bored quick, or not even wanna buy the game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sure, TBC works somewhat better, but there are still major problems Id change. But its miles better than Classic wow, or even Diablo 2. So that is why we need changes...Else people get bored quick, or not even wanna buy the game.
    They can't really change much about D2 though. If they did then it would feel like a new game and not D2 anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Not that I particularly care to convince you to play D2R if the rest of the game isn't your cup of tea, but the beta that's been available for the last 2 weekends has been exclusively multiplayer and you can't pause online multiplayer games.

For offline single player, hitting the escape key that brings up the save & exit etc should also pauses the game. I'm at least fairly certain that was the case for the original game.
    Yeah that would be a step in the right direction sure, but I think overall the game isn't really for me after trying it out.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Never really understood this kind of thing ... same as with WoW classic .... you have the modern versions that do exactly what you want.

If you take D2 and add all the D3 QoL and spells/talent systems, you have D3 with a few extra acts. Maybe you should ask for another D3 expansion instead

For me I'd settle with some better inventory management QoL improvements like stackable potions, runes, gems. Some UI updates would be appreciated, as others have suggested, enemy health bars and buff/debuff timers or icons would be great. Another big one would be item filter support. Been playing PD2 the past 2 weeks and the item filter has been great. Additional native hotkeys for moving potions in an out of your belt (I thought this was already implemented) or between your stash/cube/ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    A few ideas from playing the Beta:

• Timers for temporary buffs. I know that Diablo 3 does this with showing the duration remaining on the skill it's self, or as a buff above the skill bar. I know that it wasn't there in the original, but being able to see when your Frost Armor, or Werewolf form is about to run out would be a huge help so you know when to re-cast them.
    Timers would be nice, or a bar or something. Its helpful without really changing anything, the kind of QoL I could go for.
    /s