Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    How fucking childish. This is a court of public opinion and no-one is going to call him anything other than McCree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    While everyone is distracted with McCree controversy... a couple more files get shredded.
    Yeah, because we forum-heroes were *totally* going to put a stop to that, if only we weren't distracted by this...

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    While I don't think being in the "cosby suite" picture means a person did anything wrong, as explained by Ghostcrawler on his twitter, I obviously am worried this happened unjustified.

However, I don't know any specifics, and this could be something completely different. I assume the Overwatch devs have much more info on the case and will make the correct call.
    The thing about Greg/Ghostcrawler, he was putting it out there that nothing serious and it was an out of context joke, until the group chat was posted to the public as well as the pictures and it just kept snowballing downhill while he was still trying to save face. Sad to say, we may try and think the best of them, but the "Old Guard" at Blizzard fucked up way before any of this even happened.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

The revisionism continues.

He will always be McCree to me.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they take down the McCree cinematic and redub it. Actually, they're almost certainly going to do that, given how deep into revisionism Blizzard has gotten over the past 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-08-27 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall there was a thread joking about Blizzard renaming McCree as a result of the developer leaving and if there was any point to it, the fact they went full in on a virtue signal with the 'cover' of new content to rename him just makes it funnier. Inb4 they call him 'Bullet' Bill or something and someone starts the trend of asking other players if they want a pudding pop while playing as him as a result of the Streisand effect, soon the character will just be permanently locked from use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The revisionism continues.

He will always be McCree to me.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they take down the McCree cinematic and redub it. Actually, they're almost certainly going to do that, given how deep into revisionism Blizzard has gotten over the past 2-3 years.
    According to their CM, no they're not going to do that.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...ing/630013/342
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    While I don't think being in the "cosby suite" picture means a person did anything wrong, as explained by Ghostcrawler on his twitter, I obviously am worried this happened unjustified.

However, I don't know any specifics, and this could be something completely different. I assume the Overwatch devs have much more info on the case and will make the correct call.
    Problem with making correct call is that they just recently removed kael-thas voice actor due to allegations that were shown to be false.

I don't think it matters if he has done something or not. If people think he did, that's all that matters to make changes like this. Which is worrying to me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Petition to call him Maclovin!
    Christopher McLovin to make the reference complete.

Chris McLovin, thats an awesome name for a cowboy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    No change should EVER be made just to not offend someone.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope that's sarcasm.
    Oh no I tend to agree with you there. I'm just saying I don't really care if they do, it doesn't affect me. If I'm in a match and someone calls out that Mccree is holding Xyz I'm not going to stop playing until they use his new name =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    that would take having competent devs that actualy care about the games they develop and the customers
    ???

It's exactly what they said they are doing in the update they posted.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a pointless fucking change that will do nothing of any relevance.

Not once did I ever see McCree in game and think of the dude working for Blizzard.

Oh no guys, we better rename Reinhardt as well, because it's a German name! Did you know Nazis were German? oh no!

How about we all just call him "Not McCree"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's shilling to not want to immortalize someone who is either a) a predator themselves or b) stood by and let a predator do their thing? If my favorite character was directly named after such a person I'd be fine with it being changed. I'd encourage the company to change it. At this point we know that he was fired. That didn't just happen for no reason. It's not a Blizzard issue, it's a stop defending creeps issue. Plus just a week ago people were calling for Afrasiabi to be removed from WoW, but now McCree is a problem? lol.
    You are scanning 24/7 for any negative comment and shilling for Blizzard. That is why I'm asking. Are you at least paid for it? Its a lot of work.

There seems to be a great deal of outrage for a name change.

This is a business decision, and nothing more than a company saying they are moving on from their troubled past. Do I think for a second that the company actually means it? Not a chance. This is no different than when BP tried to save face after they dumped millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

They still suck.

Now, as for the social outcry over this, on both sides... this seems to be the makings of two very giant mountains out of a teensy little mole hill.

Is there a petition to sign? Just keep the name... most of people didn't even know what is this about. Now EVERYONE will know...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Waste of fucking time. Just focus your efforts on actually improving the workplace, like firing everyone who was harassing people, everyone who was ignoring reports, everyone who was sharing reports they shouldn't have, creating better rules and practices so this shit is harder to do in the future, etcetera. McCree is a well-known and beloved character, changing his name years after the game launched is does nothing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You are scanning 24/7 for any negative comment and shilling for Blizzard. That is why I'm asking. Are you at least paid for it? Its a lot of work.
    I think you might be a little confused there because I spend maybe 10 minutes every other day on these forums and I ONLY click on threads from the front page's "Recent Forum Posts" widget & replies to my comments. The only exception to that is if I go into the UI/Macro forum to get some inspiration.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

What does the name have to do with anything? I played Overwatch for years and had no clue he was named after an employee. Wanna know why? because it deosn't matter. It's a game, it has no bearing on real life. McRee is a FICTIONAL character. Has he ever harassed someone ingame? I don't think so

If I look real hard I can connect any given name to anything that happened in real life.

Had this not been brought up, I would never know he was named after a real person. Just leave it as it is or change every name in the game. I can't believe this is what they chose to focus on.

Well Pharah look real close to pharaoh pharaohs had slaves, slavery is bad, time to erase the lore about Pharah and Ana while we're at it...

This is so ridiculous

What an absolute joke of a company Blizzard has become. Overwatch will never be the same when 99% of the people playing have no idea who Jessie McCree is but now their favorite cowboy is irreparably damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yeah, because we forum-heroes were *totally* going to put a stop to that, if only we weren't distracted by this...
    Then might as well not discuss anything in these forums because we, the forum-heroes, have totally no way of changing anything whatsoever, anywhere.

Welcome to public forums, matey.

This has got to be the most retarded thing I've seen today, more SJW blizzard virtue-signaling BS.