Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    FWIW 100% of people in-game I've talked to are super excited and happy about 9.1.5. 100% of people out of the game are bitter and angry people and are mad about the changes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    FWIW 100% of people in-game I've talked to are super excited and happy about 9.1.5. 100% of people out of the game are bitter and angry people and are mad about the changes.
    It might shock you, but there's also a large group of people whose opinion isn't as binary. They can be happy that changes about the content of changes, while also being annoyed that they are only happening in 9.1.5, instead of months earlier. The actual amount of people who are genuinely going "these are terrible things, I don't want any of that" is miniscule.

What's your name. I will message you in game. I'm both bitter and excited. Bitter because this stuff should've been in the game half a year ago before my guild got decimated. Excited because I'm hoping some of my guild return and we can move onto mythic SoD at some point this tier. So I will fuck up both those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It might shock you, but there's also a large group of people whose opinion isn't as binary. They can be happy that changes about the content of changes, while also being annoyed that they are only happening in 9.1.5, instead of months earlier. The actual amount of people who are genuinely going "these are terrible things, I don't want any of that" is miniscule.
    I mean yeah. Obviously 100% of either side isn't actually a true statistic throughout the entire community. I'd say most people wish things were done sooner, sure, but that doesn't actually downplay the fact that they're fixing it now and, not only that, sooner than basically they've done fixes in every other expansion.

It's odd because this exact thing that's occurring occurs in every single industry in the world, but Blizzard gets flamed lately for not doing it sooner as if people are using products from companies that don't do the same thing. It's like getting the newest company's phone and being mad about them not adding a new feature years ago. Or a TV. Or a bed. Or a plilow. Or a desk. Like legitimately.... everything I own in my home has been improved upon over time despite receiving feedback a decade ago about doing the very thing they finally improved. People are just living with tunnel vision with Blizzard because they're mad at them. Either that or the person is very cynical about life and that's just a rough way to live.

I play the game and I'm "bitter and angry," or whatever words you use to dismiss anyone who doesn't fellate Blizzard for cleaning their own mess almost a year later. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That's some S-tier cynicism there. At that rate why does Blizzard do anything?
    You have to understand I dislike blizzard as a company. They offer the best group content of any game at higher difficulties it's why I'm still around. While I enjoy ff14 and love the deep dungeons its difficulty isn't up to snuff for what I want.

Blizzard has been expanding the cash shop at a rather steady rate. It wouldn't surprise me to see more mog sets pop up but I doubt even they are suicidally stupid enough to put in a mythic raid or elite set.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    You have to understand I dislike blizzard as a company. They offer the best group content of any game at higher difficulties it's why I'm still around. While I enjoy ff14 and love the deep dungeons its difficulty isn't up to snuff for what I want.

Blizzard has been expanding the cash shop at a rather steady rate. It wouldn't surprise me to see more mog sets pop up but I doubt even they are suicidally stupid enough to put in a mythic raid or elite set.
    Care to expand on why you're fine with FFXIV, a game with 600+ fucking items on its cash shop, but dislike Blizzard because they put mounts on theirs?

Too little too late - people are quite literally fed the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s because people were asking for these very changes before the expansion launched. I’m happy they’re finally pulling the ripcord, but it’s frustrating that blizzard thinks they’re superior than the players. All these time gates literally serve no purpose other than to reduce the rate at which we progress.

As someone who loves to play every class at max level, push keystones and raid, it was damn near impossible to sustain that with all these systems in shadowlands. Renown, covenant campaigns, torghast, legendaries, conduits, domination gear/gems etc.

Yes there’s a crowd of people who use this and anything as a baton to bludgeon blizzard whenever possible, but as someone who still plays and is happy for the changes, I’m mad as hell at blizzard that it’s finally happening. I could have been enjoying all my alts in end game if the ripcord was pulled from the get go.

It’s one thing if the ripcord never existed or there wasn’t all this drama around the systems in shadowlands, but it was the exact opposite. Not only were people asking for changes, but Ion admitted that there was a ripcord at blizzcon before the expansion released. It just comes off of pretentious.

As for OP, you really need to ignore the haters. The people that’ll hate the game regardless. But there’s a significant difference between haters and people who are upset for being ignored for almost a year.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Care to expand on why you're fine with FFXIV, a game with 600+ fucking items on its cash shop, but dislike Blizzard because they put mounts on theirs?
    Prolly because a good majority of those items were available in game before. Now, I would argue they should stay available ingame forever.

Also FFXIV offers a lot of cool unique mounts, pets, glamours, etc. from actual gameplay. I can't think of any mount that has more than 1 or 2 recolors.

I'm "bitter and angry" because they've managed to fuck it up, somehow, and gate every QoL change behind a current grind.

Talk about missing the fucking point. What's here for would be resubbers?

" Come back and have cool shit after you finish the shit that made you quit in the first place"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Also FFXIV offers a lot of cool unique mounts, pets, glamours, etc. from actual gameplay. I can't think of any mount that has more than 1 or 2 recolors.
    And I'm pretty sure that "a lot" would actually mean a comparable number as in WoW. I somehow doubt their art team is so much more prolific than Blizzard's. Plus having more expansions means it's harder to create unique art.

Prolly because a good majority of those items were available in game before. Now, I would argue they should stay available ingame forever.

Thanks for the response, Square Enix's marketing research team.

It doesn't really answer the question, though, since you're essentially saying "I like FFXIV therefore it's good but I dislike WoW therefore it's bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    > Player gives feedback (example badges for currency to buy shit that just won't drop)
    > Blizzard says no.
    > Player says, "MoP had the right idea, it could be improved."
    >Blizzard says no.
    > 1 year passes, Blizzard says ok but completely butcher the idea.

They do this for every type of feedback. They take what players want and go FULL RETARD with it.
    Because what players want is not possible.
    They do not want what is best for the game.
    So the development instead tries to understand what the crux of the feedback is and implement that in a way that works for the game.

But its frivolous to be doing this, because you aren't ever going to please everyone.
    Even if you do implement one player's feedback, you are just going to upset another player.

Your example is honestly perfect.
    I have no idea what you think you are asking for with badges, but you literally get extremely good catchup gear from world content right now.
    They implemented this system because of the feedback people were giving.

But you want badges and reference mop?
    MoP dungeon gear was awful, and to obtain it you had to farm dungeons that had no value.

So you want something that is giving you LESS reward for more work than what you have now??
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Their letter included the pretty snarky phrase: "When it comes to the limitations on Covenant-switching, millions of players experienced Shadowlands for the first time through the lens of their Covenant of choice, and that would have not been possible had the choice carried less weight from the outset". That's pretty much, "no, we weren't wrong but we're going to change it anyway, so praise us." It pretty much suggests that they will just do this again.

Looking forward to the changes though, they are pretty good.

im glad to see changes but cant help but be cynical, 5 years of broken promises, general hate towards their community and parasitc system design, denial towards feedback and just outright clown behaviour doesnt really make these changes a win. going from -5 to 0 isnt a win, these changes should been from the start but did they listen? lol ofcourse not beacuse they think they are gods that can never be wrong and now they finally have to take consequences for what they have acted. its gonna take a good while to bring goodwill back, otherwise this change would be like they did previous expansions and mean nothing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Wait how is stripping things out of the game and then selling them back to you a positive? that’s far worse then any thing blizzard has ever done with its shop.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wait how is stripping things out of the game and then selling them back to you a positive? that’s far worse then any thing blizzard has ever done with its shop.
    That's interesting, because it's what free-to-play games do all the time. It's lambasted and ridiculed there, but praised in ffxiv. Something to consider.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the same cycle it's always been.

- Blizz comes up with a terrible system idea players don't want.
    - Players complain that not only do they not want it but upon beta testing it's also terribly boring/broken/OP/etc
    - Blizz ignores the testers saying "the silent majority is with us on this."
    - Terrible system releases and everyone hates it.
    - Blizz rushes to band aid it in the .1 patch and then outright neuter it in .2
    - Meeting about the next expansion to come up with the big new feature
    - Return to the top

This one is also particularly dirty because let's be honest it's Blizz trying to distract us from the Sexual Assaults and the Obstruction of Justice with shiny new changes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That's interesting, because it's what free-to-play games do all the time. It's lambasted and ridiculed there, but praised in ffxiv. Something to consider.
    Ya it's quite telling, not sure how any one can pretend that the FFxiv shop isn't worse then the wow one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.