Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I enjoy anyone denouncing this, yet their post history shows support for FF14. You know, the mmo with over 50+ transmogs, pets, mounts, class boosters where they give almost 500k to a 1 million gil for buying it, etc.

WoW has 2.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its only a mount, how does it affect you? VANILLA 17 years ago

"Its only a transmog set, how does it affect you? TBC, 14 years ago

"Its only buying gold, how does it affect you? WOD 7 years ago

"Its only M0 gear, how does it affect you? not in yet.

"Its only normal raid gear, how does it affect you? not in yet.

"Its only Mythic raid gear, how does it affect you? not in yet.

Gotta love people defending shitty practices that keeps getting worse and worse.
    Man slippery slope fallacy nice one.
    Especially as weve had wow token for almost 7 years old now.
    And yet we havent moved past that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Meanwhile blizz sell race changes at 25$ faction change at around the same, boost to current content for the price of a full game?

Ffxiv barber lets you do the same thing except change gender, but the race is is 10$ no faction change because factions are stupid these days, server change 18$ but you can travel to different servers on your data center free of charge.
    Meanwhile ff14 mounts cost way more, so do pets, and they also have a MUCH larger store, paid storage, and also paid emotes and well yeah, there is just a MUCH larger store, with a lot of stuff more expensive then wow.

Also they dont sell gold tokens.
    but you also HAVE to buy their stuff with money, atleast wow it works both way, so you can buy the store stuff WITH gold.

both shops are bad, but i would say ff14's is worse.

Wows allows you to "pay to win" by buyying gold.

But FF14 is waaaaay larger and overall more expensive

And also the "pay to win" also works in reverse, letting people earn shop stuff with gold. so its not "just a negative"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-09-07 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then sharpen your pitchforks, because the set already looks better than anything you can get ingame.
    I know you're not talking about the sprite darter set. Maybe this blue one?

It's the least bad looking transmog set they've released but I'd still say you're exaggerating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its only a mount, how does it affect you?

"Its only a transmog set, how does it affect you?

"Its only buying gold, how does it affect you?

"Its only M0 gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only normal raid gear, how does it affect you?

"Its only Mythic raid gear, how does it affect you?

Gotta love people defending shitty practices that keeps getting worse and worse.
    1) It doesn't.

2) It doesn't.

3) It doesn't.

4) It doesn't.

5) It doesn't.

6) It doesn't.

Gotta love people coming up with nonsense arguments that keep getting worse and worse.

Why would what someone else pays money for affect me? Let's say we're both musicians and we both buy guitars. You buy a $5000 Gibson Les Paul, and I buy a $400 Epiphone. Does that $5000 Les Paul turn you into Slash? Of course not. Does buying a $3000 Strat turn you into Stevie Ray Vaughn? Nope. But in your argument, you have the advantage, because you paid a lot more for what you got than I did. But in the real world, it doesn't work that way. If I had the money, I could buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, but it wouldn't make me a Formula 1 driver.

So go ahead - tell me how what one person spends money affects anyone else but that person. I bet if you spent that much on a Les Paul, most of the people you told about it would just say "Oh, that's nice," and go on about their day.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    People really enjoyed screaming "SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY" at us, but uh... here we are in a world where you can literally spend real life money in order to get carried through the hardest content in the game, all of which is officially sanctioned by Blizzard
    See above. A great deal of this thread is seemingly obsessed with people spending money on tokens to buy their safe ride through dungeons and raids. Call me old school but if anyone needs to be mocked it's the players that want to buy their way through raids or dungeons. If people want to do this that much they'll find a way. There's plenty of sites on the web where the money can be exchanged directly and gold sellers are still out there.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-07 at 02:25 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    , class boosters where they give almost 500k to a 1 million gil for buying it, etc:
    So all that talk about how FFxiv doesn’t have a token and doesn’t sell gil is just compete bull shit then?

So people are just hard core lying to them selfs pretending it does any thing better then wow when it’s just worse in every way.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So all that talk about how FFxiv doesn’t have a token and doesn’t sell gil is just compete bull shit then?

So people are just hard core lying to them selfs pretending it does any thing better then wow when it’s just worse in every way.
    I feel it's half blizzard bad not blizzard good and half they haven't actually looked at the store yet

And tbf ff14s isn't as easy to access as wows since wows can be done entirely in game

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I feel it's half blizzard bad not blizzard good and half they haven't actually looked at the store yet
    I’d say it’s actually fully blizzard bad not blizzard good as people have tried to spin them taking items out of the game and putting them on the shop as a positive.

I’m willing to bet they could sell full end games gear and people would still say it’s better then the wow shop.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    meh...its no different than selling costumes for gold,just use some tokens and get it
    Man, corporations have come a long way from Horse Armour outrage. They really got people out here defending cash shop items in a subscription based game.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Man, corporations have come a long way from Horse Armour outrage. They really got people out here defending cash shop items in a subscription based game.
    Gee I bet you were pissed when the subscription based game made you spend like $40 to access 10 more levels

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    huh?i think you are confused,im not defending blizzard,im questioning how someone can be mad when needing to spend gold on a mount,that they do so ingame anyways,and btw the store mounts are cheapter than many ingame mounts gold wise

You guys haven't ever played a real F2P or P2W game have you? Wow is nowhere close.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    You guys haven't ever played a real F2P or P2W game have you? Wow is nowhere close.
    BUT CHINA WOW HAS XP POTIONS!!!

Or whatever they are. I forget.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be fucked booting up wow to see what this is about. Furnish me with answers, is there a third piece of cosmetic crap on the store now?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I can't be fucked booting up wow to see what this is about. Furnish me with answers, is there a third piece of cosmetic crap on the store now?
    Datamined Store Banner showing a new Tmog set coming "Soon"

- - - Updated - - -

The one with Sparkle Pony
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If WOW is pay to win for selling gold, then is FF XIV pay to win for selling inventory space?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    How exactly is it worse if the shop is not even in-game, doesn't sell gold and charges cheaper prices?
    Because people freak out completely if Blizzard looks like it's going to put a bit of transmog in its store while FFXIV has tons more. I don't know if it's worse or not—I don't mind it and I don't tell people how to spend their own money—but it's pretty hypocritical that some in this thread go out of their way to praise one game and /spit on the other.

People have been "taking it out" on the cash shop ever since the Sparkle Pony so I don't really believe the current state of the game has anything to do with it. "BLIZZARD IS TERRIBLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A STORE WITH STUFF IN IT!!!" and variations of that have been a regular thing here ever since.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    i'll give you two options..

1. it's purely cosmetic, who cares.
    2. fuck blizzard, i'm cancelling my sub.

do one and move on with your life.

A lot of people feel like they are entitled and I don't blame them (They are customers after all). They are free to voice their opinions (Polite or otherwise) about any service that blizzard provide.

But what makes it hypocritical on a personal level is shitting on Blizzard store and praise FF14, while FF14 has a ridiculous cosmetic shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Meanwhile blizz sell race changes at 25$ faction change at around the same, boost to current content for the price of a full game?

Ffxiv barber lets you do the same thing except change gender, but the race is is 10$ no faction change because factions are stupid these days, server change 18$ but you can travel to different servers on your data center free of charge.

Dont say they abuse when a good 90-95% on the store is cosmetic and they dont sell gold tokens
    Well keep buying things that should be part of game BASELINE: inventory space, fucking emotes, transmog, etc... and praise squeenix at the same time doing so. lul

Atleast with token you can also use em reverse and buy everything from shop with gold.
    Last edited by Myokony; 2021-09-07 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myokony View Post
    Atleast with token you can also use em reverse and buy everything from shop with gold.
    Careful, you're getting dangerously close to exposing the false equivalency between the two cash shops. :^)