Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The best part about this:

Lawsuit + modern culture = Blizzard making a ton of changes (leaving no stone unturned really) almost instantly. Even changing things that has people scratching their heads
    Classes broken/ out of balance = meh...... can wait for next patch (if at all)........... some day, maybe....
    Systems broken/ unengaging to players= eh? players are wrong, they don't know what they are talking about. They say they hate these systems and they want more content, but they always say that.......... Maybe next x-pac
    Thing is, honestly, classes are rarely broken in WoW, tryhard forumist are just "feeling" like they are bc of some mythic statistics they don't have the skill to compare themselves to.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Renaming zones is so childish, but what ever I guess.
    If people can now sleep well at night now that the zone has a different name good for you.

It changes nothing but what ever dont even have the energy anymore to care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Renaming zones is so childish, but what ever I guess.
    If people can now sleep well at night now that the zone has a different name good for you.

It changes nothing but what ever dont even have the energy anymore to care about it.
    It’s not childish to stop honoring problematic people, but whatever I guess.
    If you can sleep well at night after making a post to complain about it good for you.

This post changes nothing but whatever, I don’t have the energy anymore to care about it.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 9.1.5 PTR - Build 40078

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

[snipped image]

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    ...What does it say about me that I have no clue what is at issue in the image?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s not childish to stop honoring problematic people, but whatever I guess.
    If you can sleep well at night after making a post to complain about it good for you.

This post changes nothing but whatever, I don’t have the energy anymore to care about it.
    it's childish and stupid, stop pretending it isn't

first things first how is that honoring anything?

Nodoby even remember or knew this zone was named after the guy, this is purely for virtue signaling

How is changing it is helping anyone? do you really think women at blizzard are thinking things like:

"well i surely was harassed and groped by my piece of shit superior but now that the company is changing the name of a zone nobody cared about, i feel so vindicated"

Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    ...What does it say about me that I have no clue what is at issue in the image?
    A writer for Blizzard that has some pretty shitty takes on Twitter. Discriminatory, arrogant, picks fights or at the very least tries to deliberately find ways to get people to react to her ridiculous remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    it's childish and stupid, stop pretending it isn't

first things first how is that honoring anything?

Nodoby even remember or knew this zone was named after the guy, this is purely for virtue signaling

How is changing it is helping anyone? do you really think women at blizzard are thinking things like:

"well i surely was harassed and groped by my piece of shit superior but now that the company is changing the name of a zone nobody cared about, i feel so vindicated"
    It's the virtual equivalent of erecting a statue for someone. It's perfectly reasonable for Blizzard to yank those references down when they parted ways with the employee on not so good terms. Doesn't matter how vague the references might have been to you or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    A writer for Blizzard that has some pretty shitty takes on Twitter. Discriminatory, arrogant, picks fights or at the very least tries to deliberately find ways to get people to react to her ridiculous remarks.
    Even better, when people tried to call her out on her racist / sexist tweets, she deleted them, then denied they ever existed and claimed the evidence was photoshopped. Never actually acknowledged or apologized for her own shitty behavior.

But hey, no harm in glorifying her existence via an in-game NPC, right guys?

Even better, when people tried to call her out on her racist / sexist tweets, she deleted them, then denied they ever existed and claimed the evidence was photoshopped. Never actually acknowledged or apologized for her own shitty behavior.

But hey, no harm in glorifying her existence via an in-game NPC, right guys?
    Oh yeah, that was hilarious. Especially the part where people linked her the archived tweets.

That light forged paladin mount is so good.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    Difference there is she had no hand in designing the game at all. She’s not a Dev but an author who writes WoW stuff, big difference

Well color me surprised. Now I wonder if they will go back and pay to re-record all those old voice lines or just insert a bleep over all the audio referencing the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” 1984

It’s shocking just how little self awareness people have who defend this shit

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Difference there is she had no hand in designing the game at all. She’s not a Dev but an author who writes WoW stuff, big difference
    It's still a direct reference to her. None of the individuals whose in-game references got removed are currently employed by Blizzard either, but that didn't stop them from removing said references.

They either remove no references to racist / sexist individuals or they remove all of them. Roux doesn't get special treatment

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hypocrisy intensifies.

I always thought the name mac'aree was weird anyway like it didn't fit the rest of place names, it didn't look right so I'm glad this changed /shrug

Good to see Acti-Blizz has its priorities right.
    Now just wait for the SJW hunt for other quest/item/location names/in-game jokes.
    NO FUN ALLOWED, because it's sexist and racists and you should feel bad 24/7 because I'm offended.
    I sure love the words "problematic" and "toxic". I'm so happy this turned out to be the future I was dreaming about back when I was a kid.

Zone renamed guys, everything is fixed by this decision. No more sex pests and no torture apologists at Activision anymore.

How the fuck can people gobble up this garbage.

Does this target hard cap removal mean every enemy hit by multishot gets marked for trickshot? If so volley is going to be useless.

Ah nvm trickshot is still capped at 5
    Last edited by Deneios; 2021-09-09 at 05:42 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mac'Aree was part of original vision of WoW since 2003 at very least.

I wonder if Jesse was even employed at Blizzard at the time.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2021-09-09 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.