10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Wait one second I thought protesting or doing anything political at a football game was anti American, violent and whatever else they say when black athletes decide to protest peacefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey, what if they had knelt in protest during the Anthem? Then what?
    I mean, hypocrisy is practically their brand these days. I have no doubt they are fully capable of the cognitive dissonance needed to support these conflicting statements.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo reports that--

"Paywall."

Eh, it's easy to summarize. Biden had nominated Chipman, a well-known gun control advocate, to head the ATFE.

"...E?"

Explosives. Anyhow, there was bipartisan pushback -- his views were seen as too polarizing to be in charge, and Biden is due to remove the nomination.

"Oh hah hah, now President Biden is the one with empty seats, I say with smug superiority that this comment will not backfire!"

Hmm. Would you like to know what Trump's ATFE head said on the subject?

"Oh no."

Yep. "I don't exist." Trump nominated someone in May 2019, withdrew the nomination in 2020 after he failed his Senate confirmation hearing by refusing to answer questions.

So even if Biden never ever nominates anyone else for the job ever...he has already done better than Trump did.

- - - Updated - - -

As predicted earlier, Biden fires 18 Trump appointees, some of whom were out-the-door appointments to military academy boards. People fired include McMaster (ok at least that appointment made sense), Kellyanne Conway and...Sean Spicer?

Really?

(checks news)

Yep there it is, July 2019.

The WH confirmed the sending of "quit or be fired" letters. This should not surprise any of them.

The President will announce that all employers with 100 or more employees will be required to mandate COVID-19 vaccines or require testing at least once a week, and they’ll have to provide paid time off.

Someone start googling right wing companies and see how many employees they have.

sry mr jones its vax time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    The President will announce that all employers with 100 or more employees will be required to mandate COVID-19 vaccines or require testing at least once a week, and they’ll have to provide paid time off.
    Wow...I called that wrong.

Yeah there's going to be some pushback, but there's a fine for each violation.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a fine for each violation.
    It is a good idea to monetize stupidity since it is in such abundance.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden's DoJ sues Texas.

Well, we all knew that would happen.

Biden's DoJ sues Texas.

Well, we all knew that would happen.
    Texas and florida are competing who can have a worse court record than trump.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Texas and florida are competing who can have a worse court record than trump.....
    I actually don't know if Trump's stacked SCOTUS will give Texas the win or not. I mean, retroactively ask any "I never voted for Trump, but..." Republican and he'll say "Trump appointed judges and that's all I wanted". They're lying by omission of course, but Trump really ddi stack courts.

“The most precious freedom is life itself," said the governor's press secretary Renae Eze in an emailed statement.
    BRB, killing more people with COVID.

I actually don't know if Trump's stacked SCOTUS will give Texas the win or not.
    Short of rewriting the constitution, there should be no way they could "give Texas the win." We'll see how much these Republican sacks of shit actually care about the document they spend so much time pretending to care about, though.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-09 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Short of rewriting the constitution, there should be no way they could "give Texas the win."
    We are talking about the party who thinks the candidate with fewer votes still won, and the lack of evidence of fraud means they need to pass laws to prevent fraud.

I'm not ruling anything out until there's a verdict.

We are talking about the party who thinks the candidate with fewer votes still won, and the lack of evidence of fraud means they need to pass laws to prevent fraud.

I'm not ruling anything out until there's a verdict.
    I understand that. But so far even conservative judges have been unwilling to go along with the blatant conspiracism and lies. And despite how obviously unsuited any of Trump's appointees are for their positions, these members of SCOTUS are at least in a similar vein. At least I hope...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-09 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I understand that. But so far even conservative judges have been unwilling to go along with the blatant conspiracism and lies. And despite how obviously unsuited any of Trump's appointees are for their positions, these members of SCOTUS are at least in a similar vein. At least I hope...
    They know that if they pull that lever, they will create a HUGE demand the expand and pack the courts to fix their damage.

Whether they are stupid enough to do that, we don’t know. Plus they know it will create a much higher turnout against them in the future.

Now whether Manchin will still block progress after that, will remain to be seen but part of me honestly feels that Manchin is doing what the party as a whole wants so they don’t have to deliver on what they run on. Can’t be an illusion of choice if you actually start passing stuff you ran on unwatered down.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden used careful, politically-correct no-judging terms to HAHAHAHA just kidding, he blamed selfish assholes for being selfish assholes in public.

We have the tools to combat COVID-19, and a distinct minority of Americans, supported by a distinct minority of elected officials, are keeping us from turning the corner. These pandemic politics, as I refer to it, are making people sick, causing unvaccinated people to die.

We cannot let these actions stand in the way of protecting the large majority of Americans who have done their part and want to get back to life as normal.

My message to unvaccinated Americans is this: What more is there to wait for? What more do you need to see? We have made vaccinations free, safe and convenient. The vaccine is FDA approved. Over 200 million Americans have gotten at least one shot. We’ve been patient but our patience is wearing thin and your refusal has cost all of us.

So please, do the right thing.
    He also took shot at admittedly unnamed people who were intentionally spreading misinformation to get rabid fanbase votes.

My god the amount of disgusting people on here that are siding with this senile crazed lunatic, squatter in chief are beyond help.
    Last edited by Reyuna; 2021-09-10 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    My god the amount of disgusting people on here that are siding with this senile crazed lunatic, squatter in chief are beyond help.
    yo 4chan and kiwifarms are that way buddy. ------>

I'd be curious to see if the Supreme Court would buck precedence to upend Jacobson v. Mass...

10+ Year Old Account
    RNC threatens to sue Biden.

Joe Biden told Americans when he was elected that he would not impose vaccine mandates. He lied. Now small businesses, workers, and families across the country will pay the price.
    Wow. Imagine the Republican Party saying "How dare someone lie about what they'll do when they're elected!" after their 2020 platform of "Whatever Trump Wants". Or being upset about executive orders when, again, backing Trump on everything he ever did and said he would do but lied and went golfing instead.

The RNC seems upset about small businesses who can't afford to pay Biden's fines when they have over 100 people but don't insist they get the free, safe vaccine or get tested. Which of course is 100% self-inflicted at this point.

The RNC also seems to be upset because Biden hasn't ended COVID yet while red states are refusing to get the vaccine and Fuck Florida is leading the death march.

EDIT: I guess I should add, maybe what Biden is proposing is out of his Constitutional ability, and if so, yeah that's a problem. But the hypocrisy is on full display here. Blaming Biden because he hasn't shut down the virus is like blaming the police because they didn't stop you from shooting your own car.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-09-10 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    There are other states that are already trying to write similar laws, because they think that since the SCOTUS ruled for it, that it won't get overturned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Funny, I didn't realize that Trump was still on the Whitehouse.

Threatens? THREATENS?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I'd be curious to see if the Supreme Court would buck precedence to upend Jacobson v. Mass...
    Considering that Amy Coney Barrett ruled in favor of Indiana University, when someone tried to block the vaccine mandate, I highly doubt they would.