Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i assume, if its not just you, its maybe max 3 other ppls.

never will get why coming back for some customizations. i mean, what will you do ? level a Nightborne from 1-30 and then quit? playing your 9.0 level 60 character, convert to Nightborne, pay Blizz another 20-30 bugs for char services and play your now Nightborne character for 2 months, doing some low M+ or LFR ?

what is the sense of all this? i will never get why ppl coming back for things like some char customization, cause of 2 reasons:

1)
    you had a reason to quit the game. mostly because the main game concepts (dungeons, raids, pvp) was no longer fun to you. if you come back, convert to Nightborne, the same thing will happen again. and after a week or two you have often saw your char enough and the cool new style becomes standard. but at this point you still dont like the game. and quit.

2)
    i dont understand how ppl can be such fascinated of some cosmetics, to get that „now i play that cool character“ feeling and are willing to pay for that, even when they know that cool new style looses its attraction after a short amount of time. i understand why ppl wanna play a new class with new mechanics and fantasy, or to start content they never did, like pvp. all good reasons to coming back. but some cosmetic customizations? dont get that.

but hey, whatever floats your boat! Blizz for sure is happy about it.
    Erm, I haven’t played or even purchased Shadowlands.

Nor did I rage quit. My deepest issues with wow are the factions and their balance. But I quit because I’ve fallen out of love with the fantasy.

I don’t think I’m a long time returnee at least, I won’t be until I can fall in love with the fantasy.

Gameplay has never been enough but itself for me. It’s okay to a point then gets too boring. It was love for the fantasy that kept e subscribed all those years

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    You dont have to get it. !0000s of people care about customization in RPGs.

Your kind cracks me up. "uhhh durrr i dont like so its bad, durrrrr".

Youre also probably one of those players that rush to the end game, spamming skip in single player games then crying that the game had no content.
    both assumptions are wrong, sorry.

1) i just dont get it (ofc for me personally). thats all. and yes, i dont have to get it. nobody cares about some inet jerks opinion. wether you, nor me, nor rest of all mmoc posters. that said: just because i dont get it, it doesnt mean i think its bad (i do not), nor i say it IS bad (because even if so, it would be just my fukin opinion and opinions are like anuses, everyone has one).

2) i play wow since 16 years without interruption. i am sooooo far away from being that „rush to endgame“ guy, that its nearly hillarious. and i never was, not even in my good old mythic raid times. in fact, to me its totally stupid to rush to endgame and i always critizized and laughed about that panic-ppls, rushing to endgame and burn em out (even somewhere in my post history, there must be some threads/posts about this).

i dont wanna say anything with this post. i just want to tell you, that your selfmade picture of some inet jerk (me) has nothing to do with the reality. and to be honest: i give a fuck what some other inet jerk (you) thinks about me or what picture you made out of this here. thats nothing that in any way will have any meaning for my personal life here (ofc). i think its more a thing of: just for the sake of completeness. theoretically its not some stupid inet ego thing. at least i believe this. hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Erm, I haven’t played or even purchased Shadowlands.

Nor did I rage quit. My deepest issues with wow are the factions and their balance. But I quit because I’ve fallen out of love with the fantasy.

I don’t think I’m a long time returnee at least, I won’t be until I can fall in love with the fantasy.

Gameplay has never been enough but itself for me. It’s okay to a point then gets too boring. It was love for the fantasy that kept e subscribed all those years
    ah ok, understand. i thought you maybe quited while 9.0. not reailzed you quited a good while ago.

well, thats quite a good reason (fantasy) to check it out. even when i cant understand it (just for me personally, cause my brain works different), if fantasy and style is your anchor point in wow, then cosmetic customizations are a rather good reason to get inspired. dont get me wrong: i never wanted to critizize your reasons. i am just a different person and to me style as a reason not works for long. and so i just didnt got it. but i dont have too. different ppls, diffrent tastes, different reasons. and this is good so.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-11 at 06:06 AM.

Typical MMO-Champion.

Such hatred for something that the Community has been asking for months. People have been asking for more customization options, especially for Allied races, ever since Shadowlands was announced.

Believe it or not, people CARE about their videogame avatar. They care about customizing their avatar, because it is a reflection of themselves in the game world. It's the reason why games like League of Legends make billions from selling cosmetic skins. It's the reason why Blizzard itself made billions from selling loot boxes that contain cosmetic skins in Overwatch.

So is it surprising that a lot of people will come back because they are able to customize their avatar a lot more and with tons of new options in 9.1.5? No.

Not that uncommon when you're into making up a story to your character that dances around official lore. I haven't played WoW for a long time, but coming back to modify my main and taking it from there intrigues me the most when I consider returning.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Yep, I'm coming back to check out shadowlands, the main reason, high elves and Nightborne customisations - strangely got me excited, even though get it, I'm a blood elf fan.. I guess the allied races are are really doing it for me.

Just me?
    They're adding in high elves?? I thought that they said that they weren't going to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    They're adding in high elves?? I thought that they said that they weren't going to do that?
    Yeh. They are also added Wildhammer dwarves and Sand Trolls - but said there are too many options to create new classifications, starting zones, quests, facials etc - so we now have official canon license to play the races we have as the mew customisation sun groups even though the quest doesn't outright say it.

So basically while you don’t have a tab on the race selection saying Wildhammer, dwarf race now has Wildhammer customisations and this is actual a Wildhammer if you want it to be or could be a bronze beard who’s experimenting or or gone that way.

Void elf races has new customisations that allow you create a high elf. So you can decide that void elf toon is a high elf or a void elf that didn’t get changed by the starting quest, or a high elf that is working with the ren’dorei or a high elf that simply has nothing to do with that (although your facials make that quite hard to play out. Until they change that you can pretend thou tried the void and learnt a few tricks but went on your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you chose not to play the expansion or have since unsubbed due to the game's direction/systems/game mechanics... do you really think something so minor as character customization is going to keep you around?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh. They are also added Wildhammer dwarves and Sand Trolls - but said there are too many options to create new classifications, starting zones, quests, facials etc - so we now have official canon license to play the races we have as the mew customisation sun groups even though the quest doesn't outright say it.

So basically while you don’t have a tab on the race selection saying Wildhammer, dwarf race now has Wildhammer customisations and this is actual a Wildhammer if you want it to be or could be a bronze beard who’s experimenting or or gone that way.

Void elf races has new customisations that allow you create a high elf. So you can decide that void elf toon is a high elf or a void elf that didn’t get changed by the starting quest, or a high elf that is working with the ren’dorei or a high elf that simply has nothing to do with that (although your facials make that quite hard to play out. Until they change that you can pretend thou tried the void and learnt a few tricks but went on your way.

Just to be clear... they aren't technically adding these races. Just customizations to existing playable races, that are not in fact these other races in question, so that they can look like them. It's meeting in the middle. And also a step in the right direction.

But you could already make a high elf in 9.0 when they let belfs have blue eyes, which make those blood elves literally a 100% high elf with 0% fel/void corruption.

Also highmountain fluffybois have new things and thats awesome

Ah that's too bad. I thought that they had changed their mind, oh well.

Wildhammer is a clan tho, not a race.

Ah that's too bad. I thought that they had changed their mind, oh well.

Wildhammer is a clan tho, not a race.
    It is both, so are Dark Irons

There might be more on high elves, they're changing the void elf starting cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Adding? They already did.
    9.1.5 just expands on hair color and hairstyle options.

Void elves had regular skin color and blue eye options for a while now.

Formerly known as Arafal