Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Like I said I've played the game off and on for years and I've not really ever witnessed what you are talking about, FF players have mostly just kept to themselves. At least not until there was a mass exodus of wow and people migrated over to FF, now I see the "FF vs wow" all over the place, but I'm sure that's just a big ole' coincidence
    You just weren't paying attention. It's been a thing for years now, well before the recent surge of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    massive cope. FF re-released a new successful title. Blizz scraped project titan.
    How is a scrapped project a cope? WoW has been going for 15+ years. FF14 had to relaunch the game. Those are facts. Not "massive cope".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    How is a scrapped project a cope? WoW has been going for 15+ years. FF14 had to relaunch the game. Those are facts. Not "massive cope".
    Getting a new title out and having it grow vs declining xpacs with players widely hating it + a new title that failed even to release. Its clear which team declined more with time. Blizz is now solely riding on old achievements surviving on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    FFXIV fan sites are generally trash. I’d love to see this site tackle their content as well. As long as the haters can filter it out, we’re all good.
    They're "generally trash" because they're done as a passion project by people, they're not paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month for their content (unlike the biggest WoW "fan" sites.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Well if you have never seen it, but at least 3 of us have, must not be true, you have to be right.

Again if FFXIV is such hot shit they can make their own site. Even better for you then you can avoid all us "toxic elitist" that play wow. Win win for you.
    "elitist" implies that someone is good, and that they have a reason to be acting like they're elite. That is not the cast with the extreme majority of people who play WoW.

XIV would indeed be far better off without the stereotypical neckbeard mt dew chugging "gamer" stereotype that it's been saddled with for well over a decade, and if that means not having it featured on this site then so be it! (I'd prefer it doesn't get posted here, despite the terrible name this website has that has basically become a synonym for "outlet for Blizzard games".

That community really doesn't need the kind of people who frequent this site associated with it.

Getting a new title out and having it grow vs declining xpacs with players widely hating it + a new title that failed even to release. Its clear which team declined more with time. Blizz is now solely riding on old achievements surviving on classic.
    Oh so we're moving the goal posts? Gotcha. Yeah that decline sure is brutal, that is why WoW had to shut down for a year and relaunch the game...oh wait. That wasn't WoW that had to shut down! My bad!

Oh so we're moving the goal posts? Gotcha. Yeah that decline sure is brutal, that is why WoW had to shut down for a year and relaunch the game...oh wait. That wasn't WoW that had to shut down! My bad!
    What matters is now, not 5 years ago but keep coping with past achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    They're "generally trash" because they're done as a passion project by people, they're not paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars per month for their content (unlike the biggest WoW "fan" sites.)

- - - Updated - - -

"elitist" implies that someone is good, and that they have a reason to be acting like they're elite. That is not the cast with the extreme majority of people who play WoW.

XIV would indeed be far better off without the stereotypical neckbeard mt dew chugging "gamer" stereotype that it's been saddled with for well over a decade, and if that means not having it featured on this site then so be it! (I'd prefer it doesn't get posted here, despite the terrible name this website has that has basically become a synonym for "outlet for Blizzard games".

That community really doesn't need the kind of people who frequent this site associated with it.
    Ah thank you for informing me that only the most sophisticated and classy of players play FFXIV, I am just a simple mountain dew chugger. /s

You might not be elitist in skill, but you and so many other FFXIV sure do have the attitude. Honestly feel bad for the FFXIV community, because that attitude is only a cancer that will grow much like it did in the wow community.

??? Shadowlands was the fastest selling PC game of all time. I am not saying shadowlands is the greatest (its probably 4th/5th range on expansions for me) but I'd still play it daily over FFXIV. For the record yes I gave FFXIV a shot, but 40 hours in I still found it tedious and boring so I quit.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-09-12 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Mmhmm and now you're going to tell me which game has the most players with no evidence to back it up right? Keep reaching.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Site is for World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't checked myself but no doubt there are fan sites for FF14.
    Exactly. I’m not a fan of anime. It’s literally everywhere now. Even on mage discord and I think other communities as well. This Japanese distorted reality. It’s unbelievable. I’m not trying to offend anyone but I just a can’t look at it anymore.

If "what matters is now"... why would you bring up Project Titan?

But why?

This is an obviously WoW/Blizzard focused site. There may have been a point where MMOC has tried to get out news for other mmo's, but that was like 10 years ago.

If you want FFXIV news, then go to a FFXIV fan site.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Because it is trendy to bash on WoW and hype the next wow-killer. That is why Rift...Guild Wars...umm...Aion...dammit.. Final Fantasy will kill off WoW! That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Exactly. I’m not a fan of anime. It’s literally everywhere now. Even on mage discord and I think other communities as well. This Japanese distorted reality. It’s unbelievable. I’m not trying to offend anyone but I just a can’t look at it anymore.
    I thought that this whole anime on the internet stuff is mostly dead by now actually. I remember it very well that in the past many if not most people on the internet had anime avatars, incl. here on MMOC.

At this point it's just mostly creepy old dudes.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-09-12 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even call it "scrapped", for Titan became Overwatch. They took Titan, A class-based FPS MMO, and scaled it down, and that's Overwatch. A massive success, I might add.

Tracer, for example, was a skin for a class called "Jumper".
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-12 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Cause he brought up past failures? Having their own failure in more recent time than ff11 matters in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I wouldn't even call it "scrapped", for Titan became Overwatch. They took Titan, A class-based FPS MMO, and scaled it down, and that's Overwatch. A massive success, I might add.

Tracer, for example, was a skin for a class called "Jumper".
    Yeah I know, but that does not work for the narrative mbit is trying to put out..

Cause he brought up past failures? Having their own failure in more recent time than ff11 matters in that context.
    Considering that Blizzard's "failure" turned into Overwatch...I don't think you're on very strong ground here.

Because FF14 FAILED in the past. It had to be relaunched. FF14 is the SAME GAME not a different project like Titan was. Wow didn't have to be shut down to be relaunched. Titan has NOTHING to do with WoW. Keep up.

Because FF14 FAILED in the past. It had to be relaunched. FF14 is the SAME GAME not a different project like Titan was. Wow didn't have to be shut down to be relaunched. Titan has NOTHING to do with WoW. Keep up.
    failed mmo development is failed mmo development. Keep coping.

Do you know how to tell if someone plays FFIXV? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

We don't need those people on this site. Thanks.