Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My friendlist has 180 people on it. Probably a mix of 30 irl friends and 150 wow friends. 77 is currently online. Only 1 person is playing a battle.net game, and that is hearhstone. On better hours, I usually see 10 people in battle.net games, mostly cod or wow classic. Sometimes there will be 1 or 2 guys playing D3 or HS. I never see anyone playing retail.

Its honestly kinda sad looking at the battle.net friends list. I dont really look at it nowadays. It used to be so alive but pretty much everyone I know quit WoW.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2021-09-12 at 02:48 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest. I have 7 friends. Three of them play retail, where two are in opposite faction. Then I have one who is playing classic and two who are unsubscribed. Still, I have a guild where most of the people are active, and it's really enjoyable to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few but I never play with them. I mostly play solo.

1 or 2 people logged into shadowlands and 3 to 4 logged into TBC. The core people I've played with since Cata and Mop happen to be MIA.

7+ Year Old Account
    After WoD I've only had 1-4 friends online now and then that I played with. Never managed to refill it back up to what I used to have pre-WoD.

Used to carry 10 to 20 on my list daily. Now it's zero. They all left. I see them on the cell phone app but not in game.

100% dead.

I was the one who held out the longest, but I've quit, too.

Then again I only put actual friends on there, not the random guy I ran an M+ with who wasn't completely terrible.

Very active. A lot of it is people i met in m+ and want to do runs and most of them are still at it. Actually had to remove some cuzz need space for sc2 friends :'D

For WoW specifically? 1-2 people actually playing retail, 5-6 TBCC, friends list almost full. Out of all the people I've played with over the years, I've been the longest holdout in WoW than pretty much all of them as the 1-2 people still playing only started back in MoP. I had been building up M+ people in BfA and 9.0 in Shadowlands, but pretty much all of them have either stopped playing or quit the game despite being those who would push +18 and above keys. All my former retail raiding friends have either quit or play TBCC.

Highest activity I've seen is for the launch of patches, but the activity dies down pretty quickly.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

0, Latest online was 9 months ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 on retail WoW and 2 on TBC Classic.

Majority of my list hasnt played since Jan, the only 2 people left were new additions From July and are my Raid Leads from my new Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So my friendlist usually has around 50-60 people online, all tho only 5-10 of those are usually online in WoW.
    rest just AFK in battle.net how about you, how many of your friends actually play?
    Sadly, totally empty - It started to empty out during BfA, and is now literally completely empty. I should point out that most of them are at a similar point in life - business people, kids, family etc so those could be factors for some, but for most, they simply stopped playing as they no longer enjoy the game. Sometimes I see 1 or 2 people log in for an hour, but it never lasts long at all.

I only still have it open because it is the main form of communication for many of us, and it is quite sad to see. Obviously, for those still actively playing, their list probably hasnt changed much - as someone leaves, they are replaced by someone new who still actively plays - this is how it was for me during BfA - although many of my long time friends / guildies started quitting, i was actively adding new people who did still play, however it was still a net loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

6, 3 play Classic, 3 play retail. Haven't seen much of anyone else in ages.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    So my friendlist usually has around 50-60 people online, all tho only 5-10 of those are usually online in WoW.
    rest just AFK in battle.net how about you, how many of your friends actually play?
    So the other 50-60 just "afk in battle.net" huh? They don't do anything else, play anything else?

I've got around 80 ish people on bnet, of whom 42 are currently playing either retail or classic.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So the other 50-60 just "afk in battle.net" huh? They don't do anything else, play anything else?

I've got around 80 ish people on bnet, of whom 42 are currently playing either retail or classic.
    This might blow your mind, but most people iI know have Bnet loaded but just dont play any Blizzard products - its not like Bnet tells you what non-Blizzard games the person is playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    My friendlist has 180 people on it. Probably a mix of 30 irl friends and 150 wow friends. 77 is currently online. Only 1 person is playing a battle.net game, and that is hearhstone. On better hours, I usually see 10 people in battle.net games, mostly cod or wow classic. Sometimes there will be 1 or 2 guys playing D3 or HS. I never see anyone playing retail.

Its honestly kinda sad looking at the battle.net friends list. I dont really look at it nowadays. It used to be so alive but pretty much everyone I know quit WoW.
    Which is fine. People stop playing certain games all the time.
    I remember getting a lot of friends in Battlefield bad Company 2, but I haven't played that for years.

Anyway, anecdotal stuff is fun right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This might blow your mind, but most people iI know have Bnet loaded but just dont play any Blizzard products - its not like Bnet tells you what non-Blizzard games the person is playing.
    Think you misunderstood my post. Maybe.
    Hi

Of my list with not even 30 people like 0-3 play wow in a regular basis. Sometimes 6, but 5 of them are my m+ group. Another 4 usually just log into the mobile client to chat.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think i did not add a single person to my friendliest in the last 10 years. There simply is no place/event that lets you meet new people.
    Ofc I am interacting with guild mates, in gchat and discord, but people outside of my current guild? Don't know how that works nowadays.

I have around 20 active friends with the majority of them people I know IRL, I don't really meet people in game anymore to befriend. The majority either play Classic TBC or Hearthstone while a few others occasionaly play Overwatch. Surprisingly none of them play retail at all, even WC3:R sees more activity from my friend list.