Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Who's on that Copium now?

As I've said before gold buying and gear buying for real money has been around for the history of online gaming. everyone always looking for that little bit of an advantage over the other player in the form of gear. I still stick by my claim that you can't buy skill.
    Theres a difference between it happening in a game were its illegal and in a game were its legal and more or less encouraged. I gotta hand it to Blizzard though, cause its a brilliant way of making money in a not-so-obvious sleazy way. Instead of putting AOTC mounts in the store, people just buy tokens to get them. Now people will defend this practise instead of getting mad about yet another mount being on the store, brilliant!

Meanwhile proffessions have gone down the shitter, channels are flooded with boosters and bots are everywhere.

No one denies it didnt happen before token, but it certainly hasnt helped one bit in curbing it. They just added the token and theres more boosting & bots than ever before.

In a MMORPG were gold are supposed to be a currency that means something, buying it legally with real money just ruins it. We should complain to Blizzard and give them shit on a daily basis for being totally imcompetent when it comes to solving the issues around bots/boosting spammers. Instead people actually defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    as someone who was selling gold/items/boost since wrath i can tell you you seriously UNDERESTIMATE how many people bought it before token...
    i earned quite a lot that way, actualy more than some of my part-time working classmates, hell my mate was paying his rent in bc/wrath from money he got from selling gold and boosts...

but that is besides point, what i (and Feanan and others) argued against is that you cant say "its WAY more now bcs i said so", you either support that claim or admit its just subjective opinion

or, as sin of pride, you put fingers in your ears and repeat "i am right you are wrong" enough times to believe it yourself
    True, people did buy gold from third party websites. It wasnt the norm though and players would run the risk of getting banned. If Blizzard actually decided to have enough dedicated people that would work on solving this, they would have done so. They can do it, cause its not like they dont make alot of money every year. instead they made buying gold legal and most of the support service is automated shit. All the while not solving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    True, people did buy gold from third party websites. It wasnt the norm though and players would run the risk of getting banned. If Blizzard actually decided to have enough dedicated people that would work on solving this, they would have done so. They can do it, cause its not like they dont make alot of money every year. instead they made buying gold legal and most of the support service is automated shit. All the while not solving anything.
    if there is possibility to trade items/gold with other players ingame its pretty much impossible to root out real money transactions, not to mention rooting out boosting would be COMPLETELY impossible, bcs all that happened ingame wass you get to instance, everything else wass happening outside where blizzard couldnt track it... sure they could ban ingame advertising, but as long as google stands thats not an issue if you are looking for boost

and issue blizzard was solving wasnt buying gold/items/boost, that was against tos but was pretty much tolerated by blizz if you didnt rub it in, bcs they knew they cant stop it, the issue they were solving was SAFETY, there was way too much hacking and phishing and other things that affected game and that blizzard had to solve via their support

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Theres a difference between it happening in a game were its illegal and in a game were its legal and more or less encouraged. I gotta hand it to Blizzard though, cause its a brilliant way of making money in a not-so-obvious sleazy way. Instead of putting AOTC mounts in the store, people just buy tokens to get them. Now people will defend this practise instead of getting mad about yet another mount being on the store, brilliant!

Meanwhile proffessions have gone down the shitter, channels are flooded with boosters and bots are everywhere.

No one denies it didnt happen before token, but it certainly hasnt helped one bit in curbing it. They just added the token and theres more boosting & bots than ever before.

In a MMORPG were gold are supposed to be a currency that means something, buying it legally with real money just ruins it. We should complain to Blizzard and give them shit on a daily basis for being totally imcompetent when it comes to solving the issues around bots/boosting spammers. Instead people actually defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

People still buy gold post-token. It's just called boosting these days. Nobody has time to wait for the 100+ WoW tokens it'd take to buy a Mythic Sylvanas boost. (You'd literally have to buy a token once every four hours for nearly a month to afford it.) So instead of doing this, for the same amount of money (often less) they go to any one of the Chinese "boosting communities" and buy the service for cash. Since these boosting communities are flush with virtual currency, they simply convert your cash deposit into WoW gold that's then paid out to raiders boosting you. The WoW token hasn't legitimized boosting any more than it was prior to its existence. The only thing the WoW token does is give players an opportunity to pay for their subscription with in-game currency. The idea that the token is bad or that its removal would have anything other than a negative impact on the game as a whole is frankly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, tokens are very tricky thing. They are so perfect idea, that players just can't do anything about them. They're essentially P2W, because you can buy things for real $$$, but devs justify them via "You don't buy gold from us - you buy it from other players, so it's essentially just trading with other players, while we provide secure platform for it and get our fee - RMT would happen anyway, so we just make it official".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they were kept in game after protest, because otherwise devs would have needed to refund them, but devs didn't go further, that this.
    How is it pay to win when is cosmetic?

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    How is it pay to win when is cosmetic?
    The only thing that could be considered P2W, as far as I can tell, is the level boost since it gives you a very minor advantage in getting to level cap faster than others. Even that is so very minute that using it as a point is pretty much laughable.
    Maybe you could argue that you can buy a mount, which would save you a tiny bit of gold to hit 310% mount speed faster; but, again, the advantage is so small it’s almost laughable. Last I leveled I made enough gold to hit everything except 310% mount speed, and that was before heirloom nerf and you skipped 95% of everything while leveling.
    Overall, I agree with you. Almost everything is cosmetic in essence, but if you really wanted to argue it’s P2W then I guess you could argue these 2 very laughable things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I am sorry you are like this. Your life is likely far more difficult then mine and it is clear you expend far more effort to achieve far less then I do passively. It still doesn't allow me to not point out how absolutely wrong you are on this topic nor dismiss your nonsensical responses. I am truly sorry you live under the delusion that blizzard selling gold hasn't directly increased the amount of p2w aspects of wow.

All I can do is walk in the light and hope one day you will have the strength to join me in it.
    How to spot someone who has no actual argument:

1. Personal attacks (See above)
    2. No evidence (See all posts)
    3. Narcissism and an incredibly inflated ego.

The lack of self-awareness is mind-boggling.

Who's on that Copium now?

As I've said before gold buying and gear buying for real money has been around for the history of online gaming. everyone always looking for that little bit of an advantage over the other player in the form of gear. I still stick by my claim that you can't buy skill.
    No one at any point said it wasn't... people pretending it was nearly as popular before the token are simply fools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post

Here is the thing. Once you win an argument and the other person can't accept that and they keep on going with it you usually start ridiculing them. The problem here arises that moderation doesn't allow that. So you end up in an endless circle as people desperately try to deny something that isn't up for debate to began with.

Once you win an argument
    holy shit, i think i broke my rib laughing at this...
    you didnt win the argument, you didnt even start to support your side of argument, you just yelled "IM RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID" thats not wining argument thats delusions

holy shit, i think i broke my rib laughing at this...
    you didnt win the argument, you didnt even start to support your side of argument, you just yelled "IM RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID" thats not wining argument thats delusions
    Again, There isn't an argument to be had if you legitimately believe people buying the wow token are doing so anywhere near the same number wise as those buying gold from a third party website before it. The irony of your statement is lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post

yep, its clear to everyone but himself that he have nothing but his opinion and delusions that its soooo clear he doesnt have to support it and his word is all we need
    at this point im almost certain he is troll, nobody can be so out of reality

- - - Updated - - -

Again, There isn't an argument to be had
    there never is with people like you who just yell "IM RIGHT, ANYONE WHO DISAGREE IS STUPID" and think that makes them right

youve been called out on your bullshit by handful people now, but sure, everybody else is wrong, you are correct...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-13 at 12:58 PM.

yep, its clear to everyone but himself that he have nothing but his opinion and delusions that its soooo clear he doesnt have to support it and his word is all we need
    at this point im almost certain he is troll, nobody can be so out of reality

- - - Updated - - -

there never is with people like you who just yell "IM RIGHT, ANYONE WHO DISAGREE IS STUPID" and think that makes them right
    I think the difference you are encountering is there are very few people pointing out how wrong you are no matter how doggedly you try to shut them out through repeated posting.

The wow token has driven boosting to heights never before seen. It isn't up for debate.

I think the difference you are encountering
    difference is im not making claims without anything to support them

The wow token has driven boosting to heights never before seen. It isn't up for debate.
    it is up for debate and as half a dozen people or so in this thread told you:
    YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE FOR YOUR CLAIM

this is somethiong you clearly dont get - those people dont argue you are wrong, they argue YOU CANT KNOW if you are right or wrong, as we simply have no information, and there are factors you simply ignore...

difference is im not making claims without anything to support them

it is up for debate and as half a dozen people or so in this thread told you:
    YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE FOR YOUR CLAIM

this is somethiong you clearly dont get - those people dont argue you are wrong, they argue YOU CANT KNOW if you are right or wrong, as we simply have no information, and there are factors you simply ignore...
    You are right. I don't get the modern trend to try and deny the obvious by begging for precise data. So what if its clearly more then tripled the amount of boosters we don't know if its ten times as bad or not!

Your hang up on the subject seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The only thing that could be considered P2W, as far as I can tell, is the level boost since it gives you a very minor advantage in getting to level cap faster than others. Even that is so very minute that using it as a point is pretty much laughable.
    It's not minute... it's non-existent. Blizzard was very clear in their reasoning when they announced the boost at the end of Mists. It's primary purpose was for new players. Imagine you just bought WoW and BfA. Before you can even play BfA, you have to spend hours in the the Cata Remade-Kalimdor/EK, then go to Outland, then Northrend, then Cataclysm, then Pandaria, then Draenor, then Broken Isles, and finally Zandalar/Kul'tiras for get from 1-110 first.

Anyone who switch to Shaman on Alliance or Paladin on Horde when BC launched probably still remembers this pain because they had to still level 1-60 in Vanilla when BC launched before they could set foot in Outland.

As an added bonus, it also lets people who want to main-switch mid-expansion, or switch at the beginning of one, to skip that earlier content. They still havw to level through the expansion's content. At the very end it will boost them to the full level cap but by then it is irrelevant as raiding the final tier has wound down, people have suspended their subs while they wait for the next X.0 patch, etc.

No, it only made it more visible. It has always been rampant in the game in ways that actually interfered more with game play than it does now. I am sure I am not alone in remembering areas constantly camped by live players who were farming gold to sell on various websites. Hell, they used to use botting software to run a low level character to Orgrimmar and Stormwind, and then die. They did this over and over and over and over because the skeletons would spell out a url. As someone else pointed out, they just took out the middle man.

The farming was so bad at some points it even got satirized in music...

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    It's not minute... it's non-existent. Blizzard was very clear in their reasoning when they announced the boost at the end of Mists. It's primary purpose was for new players. Imagine you just bought WoW and BfA. Before you can even play BfA, you have to spend hours in the the Cata Remade-Kalimdor/EK, then go to Outland, then Northrend, then Cataclysm, then Pandaria, then Draenor, then Broken Isles, and finally Zandalar/Kul'tiras for get from 1-110 first.

Anyone who switch to Shaman on Alliance or Paladin on Horde when BC launched probably still remembers this pain because they had to still level 1-60 in Vanilla when BC launched before they could set foot in Outland.

As an added bonus, it also lets people who want to main-switch mid-expansion, or switch at the beginning of one, to skip that earlier content. They still havw to level through the expansion's content. At the very end it will boost them to the full level cap but by then it is irrelevant as raiding the final tier has wound down, people have suspended their subs while they wait for the next X.0 patch, etc.

No, it only made it more visible. It has always been rampant in the game in ways that actually interfered more with game play than it does now. I am sure I am not alone in remembering areas constantly camped by live players who were farming gold to sell on various websites. Hell, they used to use botting software to run a low level character to Orgrimmar and Stormwind, and then die. They did this over and over and over and over because the skeletons would spell out a url. As someone else pointed out, they just took out the middle man.

It is more visible because it is happening more often.

I don't get the modern trend to try and deny the obvious by begging for precise data.
    what you dont get its that its not obvious, it seems obvious if you WANT IT to seem obvious and ignore other arguments

its not even modern trend its reality for THOUSADNS of years, there were theories and beliefs that didnt need proof - and thats what you have, you have BELIEF you are right - and then there were facts, for those you need PROOF, no matter hov obvious you think something might be...
    ill give you example - not so long ago it was OBVIOUS that Earth is center of the universe... yet despite being so obvious it was wrong...

you remind me of religious zealots "my god exists and whoever disagree is wrong and needs to die"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-13 at 01:43 PM.

And your proof of this is....

I hope you'll pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for your "evidence"

what you dont get its that its not obvious, it seems obvious if you WANT IT to seem obvious and ignore other arguments

its not even modern trend its reality for THOUSADNS of years, there were theories and beliefs that didnt need proof - and thats what you have, you have BELIEF you are right - and then there were facts, for those you need PROOF, no matter hov obvious you think something might be...
    ill give you example - not so long ago it was OBVIOUS that Earth is center of the universe... yet despite being so obvious it was wrong...

you remind me of religious zealots "my god exists and whoever disagree is wrong and needs to die"
    Pretty sure they’re just trying to troll at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post

<snip>
    I remember that, they used some sort of jumping hack so the fall damage would kill them. Gold selling bots would also be spamming /2 constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never had boost-seller bots whispering me directly like gold sellers used to do back in Vanilla. I've also never had quests made nearly impossible because boost-spammer bots had covered the area with hunters.

WoW hasn't hit the FFXIV Endgame yet. your TMog doesn't add to your damage like Glamours do in FFXIV
    They are selling power via gold... only thing left is for blizzard to directly sell you mythic raid gear. It's the only line in the sand they haven't crossed.