Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Take your own advice my dude. It’s just pixels, so why are you caring so much? because you were not good enough to get them, so you can do them when you are horribly over geared and levelled similar to warlock green quest that stayed in the game?
    Who said I care? I no longer play wow since Feb and have zero intention of going back. Not sure where people draw faulty conclusions from. You know that writing on forum doesn't automatically mean I care, not to mention "caring much"?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    Why would i play a game that releases challenging content saying it will go away after some point, the same way as pvp sets/titles, AOTC mounts and famed slayer titles, and then they change their minds after you put the effort, just because some butthurt angry Joe was a lazy fuck back in the day or didnt even play.
    People were "lazy fucks" for not gotten A.skins on every single class n speccs? Cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Time limited content isn't just FOMO, it's also about being economical with developer time.
    How is throwing something in the trash after 24-months use economical in any shape or form?
    Answer: it is not.

Imagine this content was still relevant. All they would have to do is tuning instead of creating more content from scratch. People would still have something to do.

And as @Pakheth said, the cloak and ring quest chains were part of the story. Heck, there was even music composed exclusively for the cloak quest chain. I would love to do the treasure scenario again for sure. It was fun. But of course, fun must be deleted from the game. They were able to keep the class trial scenarios, they could have kept the treasure scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    How is throwing something in the trash after 24-months use economical in any shape or form?
    Answer: it is not.

Imagine this content was still relevant. All they would have to do is tuning instead of creating more content from scratch. People would still have something to do.
    Did you read my entire post or just the part that was convenient? Imagine having to balance all content every update to ensure it's appropriately difficult, even though fewer and fewer people engage with it - you still have to balance it to ensure those who did it early don't feel cheated by the fact it's much easier. Eventually that becomes a LOT of balancing that has to be done each update, and updates would come slower as a result.

Because if you're just saying "let content and rewards become easier with time" then that's directly against the purpose of these challenges - it's meant to be a bragging right you've earned by playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Who said I care? I no longer play wow since Feb and have zero intention of going back. Not sure where people draw faulty conclusions from. You know that writing on forum doesn't automatically mean I care, not to mention "caring much"?
    Look whether you think fomo is healthy for the game isn't the point. It's been part of wow since vanilla so it ain't going anywhere.

The issue at hand is that people want the mage tower skins to come back. Of that happens then their asking for all other fomo to return.

Some people argue that they were a joke at the end of legion, but not everyone was decked out in full antorus raid gear so it was still challenging to your average player.

It was a reward of it's time that showed mastery of the then current design of your class. It should not come back. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Look whether you think fomo is healthy for the game isn't the point. It's been part of wow since vanilla so it ain't going anywhere.

The issue at hand is that people want the mage tower skins to come back. Of that happens then their asking for all other fomo to return.

Some people argue that they were a joke at the end of legion, but not everyone was decked out in full antorus raid gear so it was still challenging to your average player.

It was a reward of it's time that showed mastery of the then current design of your class. It should not come back. Simple as that.
    I can't say I care to much either way all that much. I rather things not be permanently removed from the game as a general statement. Assuming the difficulty is approximately the same I can't see why you wouldn't bring them back.

there is no such thing as "reward of its time". It just means you got baited into fomo.

Challenges should be just challenges, regardless of time. XIV does it so i don't see why WOW can't. Oh WAIT I KNOW, because they can't balance shit even when it's current and constantly add borrowed power layers that keeps changing classes.

That being said it can be done. All it needs an iteration passes from devs that play the game... OH WAIT devs don't play their own game.

Then you have a seasonal game with zero aspirational content that even games designed to be seasonal does better. Lets remove content because its easier.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

there is no such thing as "reward of its time". It just means you got baited into fomo.

Challenges should be just challenges, regardless of time. XIV does it so i don't see why WOW can't. Oh WAIT I KNOW, because they can't balance shit even when it's current and constantly add borrowed power layers that keeps changing classes.

That being said it can be done. All it needs an iteration passes from devs that play the game... OH WAIT devs don't play their own game.

Then you have a seasonal game with zero aspirational content that even games designed to be seasonal does better. Lets remove content because its easier.

Wow has had fomo even at it's prime before all this BP nonsense. It didn't hurt the game then and isn't now. There are other issues which are impacting the state of the game. Fomo rewards are the least of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I can't say I care to much either way all that much. I rather things not be permanently removed from the game as a general statement. Assuming the difficulty is approximately the same I can't see why you wouldn't bring them back.
    Because it's to offer players prestigious rewards that shows mastery of their class at a certain point in time. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just like any other trophy. Newer players will have access to their own fomo rewards they can show off as well as long as the game keeps having expansions and content patches.

Wow has had fomo even at it's prime before all this BP nonsense. It didn't hurt the game then and isn't now. There are other issues which are impacting the state of the game. Fomo rewards are the least of them.
    "Car i bought always had bald tires and previous owner somehow managed so i see no problems with them"

It was a problem as early as TBC when previous raid tiers became irrelevant.

While in reality blizzard should create Timelock ™ mode whenever they release something. In short, your abilities, hp, mana etc in timelock are being set to static values, nothing influences them, gear doesn't give anything and your fireball is always doing 1000 damage regardless of anything. A complete snapshot of spec.

In such mode you can get rewards just as if content would be current. Tested once, forever relevant. Titles and achievements could stay as they are AOTC, but mounts and shit should be like it was before - 100% in timelock.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

"Car i bought always had bald tires and previous owner somehow managed so i see no problems with them"

It was a problem as early as TBC when previous raid tiers became irrelevant.

While in reality blizzard should create Timelock ™ mode whenever they release something. In short, your abilities, hp, mana etc in timelock are being set to static values, nothing influences them, gear doesn't give anything and your fireball is always doing 1000 damage regardless of anything. A complete snapshot of spec.

In such mode you can get rewards just as if content would be current. Tested once, forever relevant. Titles and achievements could stay as they are AOTC, but mounts and shit should be like it was before - 100% in timelock.
    What exactly do you propose? To have TBC timelocked arena that gives you old school talents and prevents DK, Monk, and DH players from participating? Because the game was completely different back then. Having a swift gladiator netherdrake shows you mastered your class during that era.

You think people from modern wow deserve to get a prestigious TBC arena reward when the meta is nothing like it was back then? Hell no. Again they're trophies fro ma different era in WoW's history.

You're being unrealistic.

What exactly do you propose? To have TBC timelocked arena that gives you old school talents and prevents DK, Monk, and DH players from participating? Because the game was completely different back then. Having a swift gladiator netherdrake shows you mastered your class during that era.

You think people from modern wow deserve to get a prestigious TBC arena reward when the meta is nothing like it was back then? Hell no. Again they're trophies fro ma different era in WoW's history.

You're being unrealistic.
    Dude what are you even on about, who said anything about arenas or pvp? It's not a game content per se.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Dude what are you even on about, who said anything about arenas or pvp? It's not a game content per se.
    Arena is part of the fomo "issue" you're talking about...

Every season has rewards that will never be available again.

So again... What exactly do you propose? To have TBC timelocked arena that gives you old school talents and prevents DK, Monk, and DH players from participating?

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Nothing should have ever been removed. The only "accomplishment" you get from removing said content is to take joy from the fact that other people don't have it. Not that you achieved something.

It's either a challenge or it's not. It doesn't matter when you did it. Unless you enjoy a state of a game when no new players are coming because its simply too late.
    This.

I have plenty of the timed rewards. I want others to enjoy them too. FOMO only breeds elitism and "back in my day"-mentality that pushes new players away.

Do you have any idea how many people I have had who whispered me about my druid CM set and mage tower tank form asking where I got it only to be super disappointed when I tell them they are no longer available? That shit is demotivating as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Arena is part of the fomo "issue" you're talking about...

Every season has rewards that will never be available again.

So again... What exactly do you propose? To have TBC timelocked arena that gives you old school talents and prevents DK, Monk, and DH players from participating?
    Like someone else mentioned here, what about giving you a token when completing a certain bracket that allows you to buy earlier season's elite sets? Similar to how you can buy the black warmounts from RBG runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    This.

I have plenty of the timed rewards. I want others to enjoy them too. FOMO only breeds elitism and "back in my day"-mentality that pushes new players away.

Do you have any idea how many people I have had who whispered me about my druid CM set and mage tower tank form asking where I got it only to be super disappointed when I tell them they are no longer available? That shit is demotivating as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Like someone else mentioned here, what about giving you a token when completing a certain bracket that allows you to buy earlier season's elite sets? Similar to how you can buy the mounts from RBG runs.
    I would love to have the original corrupted ashbringer, but im not gonna cry about it because I understand the concept of legacy rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    This.

- - - Updated - - -

Like someone else mentioned here, what about giving you a token when completing a certain bracket that allows you to buy earlier season's elite sets? Similar to how you can buy the black warmounts from RBG runs.
    No because that defeats the purpose of being rewarded for mastery of your class during a specific time. They're legacy rewards and should stay that way.

Arena is a stupid unbalanced joke right now. Imagine all the people who rolled their way to glad during SL's season 1 buying swift nether drakes. GTFO, no way papi.

Did you read my entire post or just the part that was convenient? Imagine having to balance all content every update to ensure it's appropriately difficult, even though fewer and fewer people engage with it - you still have to balance it to ensure those who did it early don't feel cheated by the fact it's much easier. Eventually that becomes a LOT of balancing that has to be done each update, and updates would come slower as a result.

Because if you're just saying "let content and rewards become easier with time" then that's directly against the purpose of these challenges - it's meant to be a bragging right you've earned by playing well.
    No, I did read your entire post. But I don't agree. I think tuning old content to keep it relevant is still better than throwing it into the trash and have nothing instead.

And the entire situation of people feeling that somebody is taking away their e-peen because people get the same rewards now: if they hadn't tried to pressure people into doing it with the threat of removing the content - this wouldn't even be an issue.

Blizzard is creating all these problems by themselves: shortage of relevant content and virtual entitlement which is just bad for the community over all.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2021-09-14 at 07:19 PM.

More recycled content. Woooo

Haha that will be funny if they don’t bring back the transmogs

Don’t wanna make it to fun as we will enjoy it to much and complete it all faster
    Last edited by [KJ]; 2021-09-14 at 09:28 PM.

I was under the impression the recolors were linked to the legion timewalking TBH. I wonder how the MT will be... Some classes kit changed a lot, others had legendaries that really helped.

I'm still bummed I didn't level my warlock enough to get the sweeeeeet affliction one. I really woke up too late for that class :-/. Kinda wish they did like "get 3, get 1 free" hahaha... cause then I would of gotten... 5 more lol.

Anyways, I admit I'm not too impressed by the recolors. I guess it's a small something they didn't want to put budget for a new unique set. If I was still playing, I'd go and get them TBH, partly just to experience the tower again. Memory is fuzzy but I wonder if my main's (enh sham) experience would be very different since our kit went back closer to what we had pre-legion.

I call BS. Mage tower wasn't balanced to begin with. For some classes (looking at you FDK) it wad hell, while same encounter for far less geared DH was a breeze.

In total, I'm against removing content, unless it that terribad follow quest from cata in tol barad that shuld never have happened to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I call BS. Mage tower wasn't balanced to begin with. For some classes (looking at you FDK) it wad hell, while same encounter for far less geared DH was a breeze.

In total, I'm against removing content, unless it that terribad follow quest from cata in tol barad that shuld never have happened to begin with.
    What part of what I said can you even believe is BS? That it'd take time to keep it the same as it was through all updates forever? That it was meant to be a somewhat difficult challenge with an exclusive reward with bragging rights? Both of those are basically hard facts, so I'm genuinely not sure what you're on about.