So did anyone add a ssd to their system? I've been looking at options but I might just get the sn850 with the heatsink. I just don't want to deal with finding a separate heatsink and I don't mind spending a little extra to get something I know will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So did anyone add a ssd to their system? I've been looking at options but I might just get the sn850 with the heatsink. I just don't want to deal with finding a separate heatsink and I don't mind spending a little extra to get something I know will work.
    Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for about 6 weeks. No heatsink. Totally fine.

This is Sony's 'official' aftermarket storage solution.
    Last edited by Femininity; 2021-09-17 at 05:17 AM.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Samsung 980 Pro 2TB for about 6 weeks. No heatsink. Totally fine.

This is Sony's 'official' aftermarket storage solution.
    Not sure what you were trying to link to but that just leads to a page of fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They watch youtube. This is what happens when they trust a youtube engineer over sony engineers. There is a reason clowns like that are grifting on youtube and not engineering consoles like Cerny.

-Sony realizes they went overkill on heatsink with further testing and data collecting.
    -Sony replaces heatsink with smaller model that gives virtually same performance to make the console faster, cheaper and get them out there.
    -Panic cause 2 degrees without even knowing what it means.

The current internet gaming culture is a living meme.

GN is part of this bullshit to so them trying to help debunk it now is just them saving face at this point. This is the same youtube channel that claimed OG PS5's memory ran to hot and would lead to failure... almost an entire year into console life and it's obviously fine. Almost like Sony engineers know wtf they're doing more then random youtubers.
    Wasn't even youtube engineers really.
    But honestly this isn't a gaming culture thing but just a nerd/entitled idiot thing. I've seen enough comments from people who believe that they know better than scientist/engineers who's job it is to figure things out and build things, who spends the last X years in trying different things to figure out what works best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you were trying to link to but that just leads to a page of fonts.
    Must be something on your end.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone play Deathloop yet?
    I just started and so far it's pretty fun. Gonna need to play a bit more to decide how I feel since you start off pretty weak. Just want to see what it's like when I have access to more tools.

I keep hearing the AI is dogshit.
    Yeah its pretty easy to sneak around them but they can kill you easily if you get spotted. I'd say they are smart enough but it is silly when I can stab someone and the guy right in front if him won't notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out there is a bug in Deathloop where you can get stuck in the pause menu losing your entire run. So now I'm gonna wait for a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Finally snagged a ps5 bundle from Gamestop. As long as you're a pro member(15$ a year) you can snag a bundle really easily. I was 18 mins late to the thing and all three bundles were still up so it does not seem like it has issues like Walmart and Amazon where it is sold out in 1min.
    Got my PS5 back in July. Was following a Twitter feed of someone that kept updating when and where restocks were happening.

Had an update with restocks happening in late July at GameStop, put my pre-order in store (not online), got a call the following week to pick up my PS5 (DISC).

I hated seeing it so much at every dam gameshow....

With that said after finally seeing some uncut gameplay and playing it myself its a really good game. None of the gameshow or trailer shit did it justice.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah Deathloop did not need as much advertising as it got but thankfully the final result is definitely something special.

10+ Year Old Account

tl;dw: Low-cost, under-specced drive performs reasonably well (read: no apparent major drawbacks), except in some write speed tests.
    Make your own groups!!!

Makes sense, Sony was obviously thinking long term with those specs. Nothing is really pushing the ssd to its limit right now but that will probably change in the future.

It's for PS4 but - https://twitter.com/desgamesyt/statu...48473971281923

cbomb whatever is patched, no worries. If there are any similar issues on PS5 (haven't heard of any) I imagine they'll be just as big of a nothingberder as this little tempest in a teacup was.

How would you hear about a dead cmos on something less than a year old?
    It was a big nontroversy a few months back and I remember hearing many deep thoughts about how it would totes be a problem for PS5 as well. It's honestly not even really relevant for the PS4's and wouldn't be for quite a few years, but it was still a "thing" that some folks were trying to make a big deal out of for a hot second before moving on to the next nontroversy.

While not PS5 related I felt this was the best place to put this.

https://www.vg247.com/ps4-cmos-batte...firmware-9-0-0

It appears Sony has fixed the PS4’s CMOS issue, which affected the console’s internal clock battery.
    The issue was addressed with the release of firmware 9.0.0 which is good news, considering if the console’s battery died, it would reset the clock back to zero and render both physical and digital games unplayable.
    Hopefully the PS3 gets a update that does the same thing and honestly with the PS5 it doesn't matter. Every PS5 is a ticking timebomb as it is since the internal SSD is soldered to the system so when that fails the system is dead.

On a different note: I honestly feel after nearly a year of having one the PS5 isn't worth it right now and won't be for quite sometime. So if u own a PS4/PS4 Pro just stick to that. I've actually sold my PS5 (wife has one if I really want to play a rare exclusive) and went back to my PS4 pro.

Feeling like a beta tester for a year has sucked and I hope they do a revision in the future that doesn't solder the SSD to the system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While not PS5 related I felt this was the best place to put this.

https://www.vg247.com/ps4-cmos-batte...firmware-9-0-0

Hopefully the PS3 gets a update that does the same thing and honestly with the PS5 it doesn't matter. Every PS5 is a ticking timebomb as it is since the internal SSD is soldered to the system so when that fails the system is dead.

On a different note: I honestly feel after nearly a year of having one the PS5 isn't worth it right now and won't be for quite sometime. So if u own a PS4/PS4 Pro just stick to that. I've actually sold my PS5 (wife has one if I really want to play a rare exclusive) and went back to my PS4 pro.

Feeling like a beta tester for a year has sucked and I hope they do a revision in the future that doesn't solder the SSD to the system.
    PS4 Pro is shit and sounds like a jet engine. That thing will never be used again by any sane person that ever owned a PS5.

I'm curious if it would be worth it for Sony to release more PS3 consoles considering how many games are still only playable on it. Even PSNow doesn't cover the entire library.

I'm curious if it would be worth it for Sony to release more PS3 consoles considering how many games are still only playable on it. Even PSNow doesn't cover the entire library.
    Highly doubt it happens, Its clear they want to get away from the PS3 (and Vita) as quickly as they can. I wouldn't be surprised if the stores get shutdown next year.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who can blame them? The PS3 came out 15 years ago... Even the Vita is something like a decade old now. Either move on or get used to shit not being available/supported for your entire life.
    If you are going to release a digital store and don't provide a way to play said titles on future hardware. Then you should be required to keep said stores running for the older hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    PS4 Pro is shit and sounds like a jet engine. That thing will never be used again by any sane person that ever owned a PS5.
    Wouldn't say it's shit... nonetheless I use mine still because the damn ps5 doesn't have a Web browser to stream videos off websites...