15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    What if X gets a remake?

One of the characters you use as a blade, is in xenoblade c 2.

And also in xeno remake 1 you also see that dragon thing that enters the x universe. (after main story part)
    I'd be fine with it since I've been wanting to replay it, but all signs point to 3, including the yasunori tweeting he finished a song with the choir they had in 2 a few weeks ago. And frankly, it's just time for 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wrong, 3DS couldn't play GBA games and Wii U couldn't play GC games. They ofc could if you hack them but Nintendo wasn't willing to provide that service when both devices could play them natively.

Don't even bother trying to reply with "but 3DS couldn't take GBA carts and Wii U couldn't take gc discs" because you know this is bullshit when the DS and Wii could do just that even while having the same size media.
    Does it really matter in the end? People in large volumes just don't care about BC, nor is there enough not willing to buy a system because it doesn't have it.

And also in xeno remake 1 you also see that dragon thing that enters the x universe. (after main story part)
    There are some seeds planted to tie X to the main series but I don't think they will go down that route until after 3. Probably with a remaster of X and then a sequel to X afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised to see easter eggs in 3 tying in X some more though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Does it really matter in the end? People in large volumes just don't care about BC, nor is there enough not willing to buy a system because it doesn't have it.
    Never said it mattered to begin with, that guy came in hot trying to correct someone and was wrong. That is it and that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkaiboost View Post
    I dont know what that limey is even on about.

Literally every nintendo device that could have been BC, was BC. This isnt sony, where it is a case of "we dont want to, buy the game again goyim", but a case of "surprise surprise you dumb motherfucker, this small tablet cant fit a disk drive"

The only times they didnt have BC, was when the hardware didnt allow it. Like nes->snes>n64>gamecube
    everything else has been BC.

You can cry about nintendo all you like for various reasons, but nintendo doesnt actively go out of their way to fuck over their customers like sony does, with the psp and vita and ps2->PS3 and then again with PS3->ps4
    I'll admit when I was wrong, like Tech was correct when he addressed this

But your post ain't it.
    I never said anything about Nintendo being like Sony either, just Nintendo does what they want if they feel they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'll admit when I was wrong, like Tech was correct when he addressed this

But your post ain't it.
    I never said anything about Nintendo being like Sony either, just Nintendo does what they want if they feel they should.
    But he is right though. Nintendo has always done atleast one generation of backwards compability if the hardware allowed it.

You can't shove Wii U disc into Switch, but you can put a DS game into 3DS. No reason you couldn't put Switch carts into Switch 2 unless they somehow transition back into optical media or ditch physical media altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But he is right though. Nintendo has always done atleast one generation of backwards compability if the hardware allowed it.

You can't shove Wii U disc into Switch, but you can put a DS game into 3DS. No reason you couldn't put Switch carts into Switch 2 unless they somehow transition back into optical media or ditch physical media altogether.
    That doesn't make him right.

The exact issue still stands.
    We don't know what format Nintendo would use next gen.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make him right.

The exact issue still stands.
    We don't know what format Nintendo would use next gen.
    Then you're blind. Go look at their system sale numbers and look at the ones with bc. Do you notice a trend? Switch 2 with have bc with switch 1

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Then you're blind. Go look at their system sale numbers and look at the ones with bc. Do you notice a trend? Switch 2 with have bc with switch 1
    Pot meet kettle

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/

Odd how the N64 didn't have backwards compatibility.
    Or that the GC didn't with the N64, and yet the Wii did with the GC.

If you go strictly by sales as you're trying to claim.
    There's nothing to say they won't change it up again.

That's all I was pointing out in the first place. That if you want to play Switch games, get a switch now instead of waiting for the next gen because you can't say for sure with Nintendo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pot meet kettle

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/

Odd how the N64 didn't have backwards compatibility.
    Or that the GC didn't with the N64, and yet the Wii did with the GC.

If you go strictly by sales as you're trying to claim.
    There's nothing to say they won't change it up again.

That's all I was pointing out in the first place. That if you want to play Switch games, get a switch now instead of waiting for the next gen because you can't say for sure with Nintendo.
    Gc is the only exception. All their best sellers, especially handheld, have had bc. They arent gonna abandon 120+ mil install base and there's no reason to not reuse the same carts

Gc is the only exception. All their best sellers, especially handheld, have had bc. They arent gonna abandon 120+ mil install base and there's no reason to not reuse the same carts
    They've still made decisions that are similar, as tech already pointed out with the 3DS.

They used to go the distance in some odd cases even to ensure backwards compatibility, like with the GC/Wii, adding GC ports for the controller to the top of the console.
    DS had the extra slot on the bottom just for GBA.

Yet the Wii U and the 3DS had these removed despite that.

Nintendo has an odd streak.
    And at the end of the day, the topic was about whether or not someone should get a switch to play switch games, or wait the for switch 2.

And no one can say with absolution what will happen, never mind how far off that still is. There's still always the possibility they change it up.
    Or hell, move towards having a digital only console like other companies. So the best bet would be just get a switch now if you're genuinely wanting to play the games.

It's an argument for the sake of arguing at the end of the day which is just a waste of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've still made decisions that are similar, as tech already pointed out with the 3DS.

They used to go the distance in some odd cases even to ensure backwards compatibility, like with the GC/Wii, adding GC ports for the controller to the top of the console.
    DS had the extra slot on the bottom just for GBA.

Nintendo has an odd streak.
    And at the end of the day, the topic was about whether or not someone should get a switch to play switch games, or wait the for switch 2.

And no one can say with absolution what will happen, never mind how far off that still is. There's still always the possibility they change it up.
    Or hell, move towards having a digital only console like other companies. So the best bet would be just get a switch now if you're genuinely wanting to play the games
    They're bc because the previous console is still popular with games in production. Gba was dead when 3ds came out ans gc was dead when wii u came out. Switch 1 will be very much alive when switch 2 comes out

it's an argument for the sake of arguing at the end of the day which is just a waste of time.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Just give me Silksong already.
    Yes, please, this.

NES, SNES and N64 all had different and incompatible cartridges. And I hope I don't need to explain why you can't shove N64 cartridge into Game Cube disc drive.

But when the media or form factor was similar enough, they have always included one generation of backwards compatibility.

GBA played Game Boy (Color) games. DS played GBA games (no original GB support anymore). 3DS played DS games.

Wii played GameCube games. Wii U played Wii games.

Switch lacks the disc drive to play Wii U games, and since it is a single screen system they forgo adding in support for 3DS games. It is one generation of reset for BC.

Now, given Nintendo's history with backwards compatibility for the past 30 years, the trend sets really strong precedent that Switch 2 will support Switch games. The only two reasons why Switch 2 wouldn't have BC would be shifting into drastically different physical medium, and unless next 3 years give us some kind of magical data crystals, the pseudo-SD card of Switch cartridge ain't going anywhere (and I hope nobody assumes a portable device will start using spinning optical discs). The other reason would be abandoning physical medial altogether, but this is Nintendo. Even if PS6 and XBox WhatEverTheFuckMicrosoftWillCallIt will go digital only, there is no way Nintendo will be riding that particular development in the front seat.

Wrong, 3DS couldn't play GBA games and Wii U couldn't play GC games. They ofc could if you hack them but Nintendo wasn't willing to provide that service when both devices could play them natively.

Don't even bother trying to reply with "but 3DS couldn't take GBA carts and Wii U couldn't take gc discs" because you know this is bullshit when the DS and Wii could do just that even while having the same size media.
    The 3DS wasnt the successor to the GBA. The DS was. The slot was removed starting from the DSI due to size and cost problems. the DSi and 3DS have more components that needed to fit in a smaller frame.
    The wii u wasnt the successor to the GC, the wii was. They removed it starting with the wii mini, again, due to size and cost problems, the memory card slots, GC controller ports and the costly special loading mechanism for the slot dvd drive, which was custom made by panasonic on order from nintendo.

Both of which were able to play previous gen games.

Any other retarded shit you wanna say? perhaps you're gonna insist that nintendo should be BC 2-3 generations instead, driving up the cost for everyone else in the process? I repeat: they did BC whenever the hardware reasonable allowed it. Continuing to custom order costly special slot drives is not reasonable.

Whereas sony doesnt do BC because lmao fuck you retards, buy the last of us PS4 ediditon 2 months after the PS3 version released.
    Even microsoft is doing softwarebased BC where possible.

Go touch some grass little man, no need to get triggered because someone called you out on your nonsense.
    Your statement was "nintendo is on and off with BC". which is objectively false. They have consistently been BC with the previous gen when possible.
    Last edited by zenkaiboost; 2021-09-22 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkaiboost View Post
    snip
    Not reading all that text homie. You claimed Nintendo only didn't do BC when hardware prevented it, they in fact didn't support bc on 3DS and Wii U with systems that both could play natively if hacked and could fit the software. You where wrong, you can hold that. Don't go into some bs rant about how it only counts for previous installment now when you where trying to compare them to Sony has some saint in this regard.

I even said a page or 2 ago Nintendo is usually good about supporting the previous gen in BC but nothing else. They are just as bad as Sony, who also is supporting last gen but nothing else. Hell Nintendo needed almost no work to support GBA and GC bc on Wii U and 3DS and still didn't do it, the systems could literally play the games natively lmao. That's even worse then Sony tbh who would need to emulate their old hardware to support it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-22 at 11:09 PM.

What if X gets a remake?
    XBC1 didn't need a remake, and XBCX certainly doesn't either.

Monolith Soft is too lazy to make a proper Switch port of XBCX. They're just going to wait until the next Nintendo console comes out that is powerful enough to emulate the Wii U and release their "port" for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    XBC1 didn't need a remake, and XBCX certainly doesn't either.

Monolith Soft is too lazy to make a proper Switch port of XBCX. They're just going to wait until the next Nintendo console comes out that is powerful enough to emulate the Wii U and release their "port" for that.
    Monolith Software lazy, this has to be the hottest take on planet earth. They have churned out 2, and possibly 3 Xenoblade games along with a remaster of one all while the majority of their staff are doing bitch work because EAD2 can't handle projects as big as BoTW and BoTW2 on their own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monolith Software lazy, this has to be the hottest take on planet earth. They have churned out 2, and possibly 3 Xenoblade games along with a remaster of one all while the majority of their staff are doing bitch work because EAD2 can't handle projects as big as BoTW and BoTW2 on their own.
    And 2 project xzones, 2 animal crossings and their new ip, along with patch updates and an expansion for xb2 all within a reasonable dev cycle and modest budget. Every time he talks about monolith, it makes me gag

And 2 project xzones, 2 animal crossings and their new ip, along with patch updates and an expansion for xb2 all within a reasonable dev cycle and modest budget. Every time he talks about monolith, it makes me gag
    Meanwhile he stans for a company that has to make 2 games out of the same levels and world they make and hes calling others lazy. Cold Steel 1 and 2 should of been 1 game and so should of been 3 and 4 they just reuse everything, barely add anything and pad out the game with hours of info dumps that rehash the same info over and over again. How the hell a falcom stan is calling Monolith lazy is beyond me.

That specific feel that mario kart 8 is still consistently selling gangbusters so we are once again not getting a MK9 for the holidays.