Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    We all know we were skinny or fat nerds with pimples during the good ol' days.

Now gaming and WoW are more mainstream. They appeal to actually attractive people.

Have you gotten in shape? Or did becoming a dad give you the dad bod.
    Yeh, forced to be fit naturally by what I consume daily, because fasting and ketogenic diet seems to keep my psychiatric diagnosis in decent remission. I understand that it's hard for people to stay in shape nowadays, but I believe it's possible with right level of motivation.

Played WoW from ages 7 to 21 and i've been underweight my entire life

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Lol I tried that, until I just got a bigger bowl to fit the whole pack
    Absolutely love it!

Crisps and coke, I can't help myself. Got a dad bod, but used to be bigger, and smaller lol. Somewhat in okay condition, eating healthier dinners/breakfests while still eating my crisps is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Knowing these forums the answers will be either joke ones about being fat or people saying they are basically in super human shape, its the same in the ones where the threads about I.Q or Education or How much money people make, everyone here is built like superman/woman 6 foot 8 200 kilos rich with the I.Q of everyone else combined... just my 2 cents
    Yep, according to these forums, most WoW players are successfull at life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Absolutely love it!

Crisps and coke, I can't help myself. Got a dad bod, but used to be bigger, and smaller lol. Somewhat in okay condition, eating healthier dinners/breakfests while still eating my crisps is working fine.
    I allow myself a bag of Kettle chips every formula 1 race weekend, and usually end up having to buy a second pack by Sunday's race because I have no self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I allow myself a bag of Kettle chips every formula 1 race weekend, and usually end up having to buy a second pack by Sunday's race because I have no self control.
    I hear you, I hear you!

Should I add, while munching some cheetos.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-06 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    We all know we were skinny or fat nerds with pimples during the good ol' days.

Now gaming and WoW are more mainstream. They appeal to actually attractive people.

Have you gotten in shape? Or did becoming a dad give you the dad bod.
    I don't know man. I played sports all my life, had 6-8% body fat during high school ( They measured us every month for wrestling to make sure we didn't get out of shape). I ran track, wrestled, and played football. Main games I played with all my buddies, who all also played sports and were very active, Half-Life 1, Starcraft, Quake TF, and Everquest during the late 90s. Was never fat, skinny, maybe, pimples, not at all. I remember spending my paper route money to buy my very first Voodoo 1 video card.

Now that I'm older, working 45 hours + a week, kids to take care of, a house and yard to take care of as well, I'm sporting more of the dad bod thing, but still under 20% body fat(17% at the moment). Work out 2-3 times a week, eat healthy maybe 50% of the time.

It's all about balance, and moderation. Some folks can be disciplined enough to enjoy their hobbies and still get shit done, some folks can't. With all the resources and information available to folks, I'd say in most cases if you aren't reasonably healthy, it's because you're lazy. Which, I'm perfectly okay with. It's their life, if that is what makes them happy, then by all means do it. Just don't complain about it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Lol this thread is so full of cringe. If it were to believed the gaming community is full of ripped perfection
    Not me, I’m a fat fuck and I accept it lol slowly losing weight though

5+ Year Old Account
    Yep, according to these forums, most WoW players are successfull at life lol.
    Idk where you live, but in my country you pretty much NEED to be successful at life in order to be able to play WoW. Gaming computers are VERY expensive for the average local budget, and even the price tags on most AAA games are prohibitive enough - not to mention the monthly fee on top of everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Nearly every Bodybuilder mate I've ever had has been an MMO player.
    that's because its a cheap hobby and we cant drink so what else are we going to do?

That being said even back in the day when games were most stereotypically for nerds I was never bitchmade, because why?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Not me, I’m a fat fuck and I accept it lol slowly losing weight though
    Hell, in my post immediately before that individual's? I stated that I have chronic pain, am trying to lose 15# or so, and recently had a health crisis. So I don't know what that doofus is on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have gained, then lost, then re-gained, and re-lost a combined total of 274kg, my body is falling apart honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    while I did collect comics, comic cards and pokemon cards (I was also a gym leader at toys r us) I was never a nerd. I was also only "fit" for a short period around the time I graduated at 16 and before I started working around half a year later. I'm currently a hair under the BMI definition of overweight and at most I was only ever a hair over. being 38 I feel good about it. for a vegetarian I'd say I eat pretty well for an "american" I'd say I eat very well.

fortunately I grew up with console games rather than life-sucking mmos so growing up I was always very active spending more time outside than in. I just only ever lifted weights enough that one period to be considered "fit".

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    genetics fucked my liver and gave me the D word. Been a freakin mess since then but finally getting used to how to manage it, thankfully I already eat healthy foods but my portion control needs work, numbers swinging back in the right direction now, doc thinks I'll be off the meds by christmas at this rate so that's neat. I'm was no specimen but was healthy and trending back that way now. Took a holiday in CO a few months ago and found I could walk the red rocks trail all day and not need rest, so at least I still seem to have stamina.

Biggest issue is finding the time, I dunno how the heck some of you with kids do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk where you live, but in my country you pretty much NEED to be successful at life in order to be able to play WoW. Gaming computers are VERY expensive for the average local budget, and even the price tags on most AAA games are prohibitive enough - not to mention the monthly fee on top of everything else.
    You don't have to be succesfull in anything to play WoW. A decade old PC is good enough.

Blizzcon 2019 had a surprising amount of muscular, attractive guys. Possible selection bias since the unfit ones might stay home due to insecurities/income/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was homeschooled so I didn't grow up eating garbage school lunches, was never taught the shoddy food pyramid, and thus didn't learn to overeat and get diabetes. I don't gorge on junk food and candy. I don't drink and thus don't have beer gut either. I am more fit than the vast majority of people I see (most Californians are obese, which is really sad). Pretty much the only people who are healthier than me are the dudes who go to the gyms to lift weight and build muscles.

Seriously guys. Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. 90% of looking good is having low body fat. You don't need to have bodybuilder levels of low body fat (women think that those Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque body builders with veins popping out look ugly), but you need to be reasonable. If you don't know how to lose weight, it just comes down to diet. Just eat fewer calories than you burn. Don't go on a starvation spree. Stop eating chips filled with empty calories and eat satisfying healthy food like salad. Be patient and you'll lose weight.
    Being skinny isn't being fit. Gotta exercise in order to improve your cardio and strength.

5+ Year Old Account
    A decade old PC is good enough.
    Now this is funny. It might be true if your endgame is going to be all about pet battles or something, but if you are minimally serious about PvE, it won't cut it. And at all rates, gaming PCs in my country were as expensive 10 years ago as they are now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Round is a shape, so I guess I'm good.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Now this is funny. It might be true if your endgame is going to be all about pet battles or something, but if you are minimally serious about PvE, it won't cut it. And at all rates, gaming PCs in my country were as expensive 10 years ago as they are now.
    I just replied to a pedantic point you tried to make, which is indeed funny. To be successfull at life means other things than just having a medium pc to play WoW with. You can buy a pc where I live for 200 euros and raid WoW properly with it. I should know, I did until I bought a new last February. A 200 euro PC most people in the western world can buy with a normal salary.

But again, not the point. The point was that people who seem to replied to these kind of threads before have been fit, healthy people with a wife, 2 mistresses, 6 kids and still got 8 hours to play WoW per day. But this thread seems to have a refreshingly amount of varied answers.

5+ Year Old Account
    200 euros
    200 euros is a truckload of money in my country. Thanks for confirming my point, I guess?