Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess you just confused the numbers?

We're waiting for 9.1.5 right now and yes, 9.2 (which you referred to as 9.3) might not be out until February 2022. Expect the next expansion by the end of next year, aka Q4/22. That's the most realistic take, I don't see a Q3 release as likely.
    Considering they've already stated there will also been a 9.3, don't even expect the next expansion next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard is more than likley to cancel 9.3 (And they have cancelled content before so dont think they wont) because Shadowlands right now is generating 0 hype and interest, they need a new Expansion, 9.2 will be the final patch and its pretty likley they'll move on quickly afterward, your likley going to see 10.0 around november 2022.
    Blizzard has done a lot of things, don't be surprised if they DON'T cancel 9.3 either. They've left expansions dying several times in the past, Shadowlands would not be the first and it won't be the last lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Considering they've already stated there will also been a 9.3, don't even expect the next expansion next year.
    When did they say that? I don’t recall them saying that

Blizzard is more than likley to cancel 9.3 (And they have cancelled content before so dont think they wont) because Shadowlands right now is generating 0 hype and interest, they need a new Expansion, 9.2 will be the final patch and its pretty likley they'll move on quickly afterward, your likley going to see 10.0 around november 2022.

this idea is great tbh but can only see it happening IF the following 2 things happen

1) we challenge the jailor and LOSE
    2) we get a SIGNIFICANT time skip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    me neither i definitely remember them saying there would be a 9.2

For what its worth, Towellie said on one of his recent streams "10.0 will be different". Sounds like they are heading in some new direction here. He was very monotone about it. He wasn't excited. He wasn't disappointed. But he claims to know what's coming and its not going to be same as the Legion / BfA / SL stuff.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I did confuse the numbers, thanks guys, and appreciate the constructive thread. I guess the real question is what happens post 9.2 in the spring. Do they bother with a 9.2.5 or 9.3, or do we skip directly to 10.0 that fall. That will be an interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    I did confuse the numbers, thanks guys, and appreciate the constructive thread. I guess the real question is what happens post 9.2 in the spring. Do they bother with a 9.2.5 or 9.3, or do we skip directly to 10.0 that fall. That will be an interesting question.
    you are assuming we get a new xpac next fall. its the right timeframe, but i could see them pushing it back to 2023 depending how things are going.

They never said that there will be 9.3. They never even directly mentioned a 9.2 patch yet. All they said is "next/upcoming adventure" and that was half a year ago when Ion did his interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Because they didn't.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

NO they haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has done a lot of things, don't be surprised if they DON'T cancel 9.3 either. They've left expansions dying several times in the past, Shadowlands would not be the first and it won't be the last lmao.
    Ruby Sanctum anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    For what its worth, Towellie said on one of his recent streams "10.0 will be different". Sounds like they are heading in some new direction here. He was very monotone about it. He wasn't excited. He wasn't disappointed. But he claims to know what's coming and its not going to be same as the Legion / BfA / SL stuff.
    Does he claim to have insider knowledge?

It's not really cancelled when they've never announced 9.3 to begin with. All they've said was that it won't be a WoD situation where there's effectively only one content patch. Having nothing after 9.2 would already meet that criterion.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    you are assuming we get a new xpac next fall. its the right timeframe, but i could see them pushing it back to 2023 depending how things are going.
    I think if we don't get a new expansion near the 2 year mark we may not get another expansion at all, ever. The alternative is to just cut off WoW and move the IP to mobile.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    Trying to figure out the patch cadence here, given that I honestly thought 9.2.5 would have been out by now. But thinking positively, if it came out this month, that means 9.3 is three to four months off, right? so March, I guess? And presumably, that's the last patch until 10.0, which you would assume would be somewhere in the August/September range for next year? Just wondering what realistically to expect. Thanks!
    There no patch 9.3 they do the same as they did with a previous expansion.The people saying there be a patch 9.3 are wrong, and numerous World of Warcraft people have said on twitch, and youtube, and websites, that there be no 9.3 because of the scandal and problems blizzard having, and they want to move on to the next expansion asap to salvage world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubster20038 View Post
    There no patch 9.3 they do the same as they did with a previous expansion.The people saying there be a patch 9.3 are wrong, and numerous World of Warcraft people have said on twitch, and youtube, and websites, that there be no 9.3 because of the scandal and problems blizzard having, and they want to move on to the next expansion asap to salvage world of warcraft.
    Pretty much this, there is absoleutley no way that 9.3 will be a thing given that they'd have to commit to the Shadowlands and let me be blunt, nothing generates hype more than a new expansion, not a new patch.

Imagine trying to tell people that blizzards next marketing strategem would be committing to making 9.2 and 9.3 so they could deliver a somewhat better experience in Shadowlands, somehow fix the aweful characteristics and mary sue problems SHL has had, combined with the general content features and recent controvesies.

Honestly anyone that is deluded enough to believe that blizzard *wont* just outright skip 9.3 to go for 10.0 is absoleutley insane.

9.2 Is *the* final patch, hell there is even a possiblity 9.1.5 might be, considering its taking them forever to launch it and at this rate, 9.2 will take forever too.

Blizzards problem here is that they have 0 customer trust now, weather its because of the shitty moral practices, the fake as shit attempt to redeem themselves by "censoring" things that nobody asked them to censor, or weather its just fatigue of the content, story and general atmosphere of the game.

Basically, they have alot and I do mean *alot* of work if they wanna restore player faith, the amount of shit they'd have to pull would require shifts that entail sleepless nights of development to pull a convincing 9.2 and 9.3 which would, realistically have to be realsed in 2 months of each other to be effective, because people would rapidly grow bored/tired of 9.2 since Shadowlands is too heavily blackmarked with controvesy.

If I was blizzard, at this point my strategy would be:

Make 9.2, make 10.0, Declare 10.0 the final expansion and say it will have more patch content than typical wow expansions to serve as an epilogue to the wow journey.

Make 10.0 a more story driven experience, wrap up the plot of wow 1, start working on wow 2 for 2025-2026 and launch it with a hefty amount of beta testing.

Hell, launching it in 2024 would be pretty suitable too because it'd be a good way to make it an anniversary of wow launching back in 2004, 20 years later.

Advertising it as wow for the new generation as opposed to wow for the old, allowing retail and classic to be there for the vets and for wow 2 to feel like a fresh journey for vets and new players alike starting from scratch.

9.2 Is *the* final patch, hell there is even a possiblity 9.1.5 might be
    If 9.1.5 is the last patch... so, what? Does Zovaal get defeated offscreen in a book?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    9.1.5 - November

9.2 - Summer 2022

10.0 - Spring 2023

- - - Updated - - -

God don't give them any ideas.
    I mean the book is already in the works and has been delayed already.

But I think this reality, where 9.1.5 is the end for Shdowlands, won't exist, so no worries. 9.2 will wrap it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If 9.1.5 is the last patch... so, what? Does Zovaal get defeated offscreen in a book?
    Probably more likely that 10.0 would be Zovaal's second expansion and finale, I mean dont forget, Garrosh survived 5.4 and Gul'dan 6.2

Probably more likely that 10.0 would be Zovaal's second expansion and finale, I mean dont forget, Garrosh survived 5.4 and Gul'dan 6.2
    Both are basically two sides of the same coin: one for a good practice and one for the exact opposite. In Garrosh' case, it was horribly done. In Gul'dan's case, it was executed very well.

The tough part is, I really do see this from both sides. As a fan of the game, of course, I want as much content as possible as fast as possible. But if I were running Blizzard as a business, then it's a no brainer to end on 9.2 in the spring and pivot to a new expansion in the fall. Chalk it up to the pandemic, or Blizzard's legal troubles or both, but they just weren't able to hit patch cadence for Shadowlands that I'm sure they originally had, and now you have to cut the line with it and move on. It's just hard for me to think that they would want to limp along with Shadowlands through all of 2022, which is what would happen if you planned for a 9.3.

Those expansions weren't about Garrosh and Gul'dan. Garrosh is taken out early on in the questing experience of WoD and Gul'dan was just a pawn who gets taken out long before the climax on Argus.

It is even directly stated that Gul'dan was merely their [the Burning Legion] pawn.

If the Janitor survives and carries over to 10.0, he'll be second fiddle to someone else.