Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What worlds do you want to see in the Realm of Life?

If there are many worlds, as in the SL, which ones do you want to see? I like to think that there is a world in the Kingdom of Life similar to Purgatory from the Supernatural. A world in which there is only one rule - the strongest survives. A world in which predators constantly hunt each other, evolve and adapt to become stronger. No peaceful approach like the druids, no hugging trees and caring for flowers. Just a primal wild rage

As in other planets? Maybe a creepy flesh world, or more of those gooey mushroom forests like Zangarmarsh or the Telvanni areas of Morrowind.

if zones that function in similar fashion to the SLands zones ... then some zones that reflect your deeds in life or how you lived your life through the calling of the Holy light.
    So maybe like, an afterlife that is the "generic " afterlife for all mortals who dedicated their lives of following the path of the Light ... then a zone for the most devout followers who sacrificed much to protecting the weak and healing the wounded/sick and who died noble-like Tirion Fordring

I'd love to see a place like Zerus, but you basically described that already in your initial post. Just lots of life changing and mutating and in constant flux to survive in an ever-shifting environment.

Quote Originally Posted by 20YearsInTheCan View Post
    if zones that function in similar fashion to the SLands zones ... then some zones that reflect your deeds in life or how you lived your life through the calling of the Holy light.
    So maybe like, an afterlife that is the "generic " afterlife for all mortals who dedicated their lives of following the path of the Light ... then a zone for the most devout followers who sacrificed much to protecting the weak and healing the wounded/sick and who died noble-like Tirion Fordring
    What?
    10 symbols

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As in other planets? Maybe a creepy flesh world, or more of those gooey mushroom forests like Zangarmarsh or the Telvanni areas of Morrowind.
    snipped the pictures

I love those fleshy 40k like zones

Something life Morban from Rift (area corrupted by death rifts/Regulos) actually does work for Life areas if done more mutatively

stuff like Halo flood areas, zerg hives, ect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since people don't seem to understand what OP is referring to, they are not talking about the Shadowlands or planets in the universe, they are talking about whatever the realm is aligned with Life on the cosmology chart.

We know Elune is one of the Life Pantheon members, so there's most likely gonna be a Realm representing nocturnal life.
    And one for diurnal life, with whoever An'she really is on top.

Then the obligatory green forest zone.

As for what i'd like to see:
    Maybe an underwater zone (or rather, water themed zone)
    A zone for aerial life forms with big mountains.
    A proper fairy themed zone.
    An insect zone, one that's maybe underground.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-10-07 at 11:26 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Wouldn't those zones be located in the realm of light?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I feel like Blizzard isn't gonna do another fairy zone after Ardenweald. Why do you think Ardenweald isn't a proper fairy zone, though?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    What?
    10 symbols
    How exactly are you confused by his reply? It's rather straight forward.

- - - Updated - - -

If there are many worlds, as in the SL, which ones do you want to see? I like to think that there is a world in the Kingdom of Life similar to Purgatory from the Supernatural. A world in which there is only one rule - the strongest survives. A world in which predators constantly hunt each other, evolve and adapt to become stronger. No peaceful approach like the druids, no hugging trees and caring for flowers. Just a primal wild rage
    I imagine the Botani or beings related to them would be there, occupying a nigh-endless swath of dense jungle akin to the Everbloom in Gorgrond.

A fleshy area as mentioned previously also makes sense. It could be essentially a living version of Maldraxxus.

- - - Updated - - -

Since people don't seem to understand what OP is referring to, they are not talking about the Shadowlands or planets in the universe, they are talking about whatever the realm is aligned with Life on the cosmology chart.

We know Elune is one of the Life Pantheon members, so there's most likely gonna be a Realm representing nocturnal life.
    And one for diurnal life, with whoever An'she really is on top.

Then the obligatory green forest zone.

As for what i'd like to see:
    Maybe an underwater zone (or rather, water themed zone)
    A zone for aerial life forms with big mountains.
    An insect zone, one that's maybe underground.
    What about a microscopic life zone? Basically Osmosis Jones

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I feel like Blizzard isn't gonna do another fairy zone after Ardenweald. Why do you think Ardenweald isn't a proper fairy zone, though?
    Should've elaborated more on that.

I meant a fairy tale, fairy theme.
    People living in cutesy shrooms, its bright and colorful, designed to make you feel as if you are really tiny in a patch of grass, Tinkerbell fairies and fairy dragons are flying around.

Blizzard only ever minimally borrowed from that aesthetic for other purposes, but never went all it.
    I'd love to see this theme as its own full fledged zone.

Sadly, i doubt that's ever gonna happen as its probably a bit too cutesy to be considered.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pandaria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    How exactly are you confused by his reply? It's rather straight forward.
    I am confused that in the topic about Life, he talks about the afterlife kingdom of Light

3+ Year Old Account
    I am confused that in the topic about Life, he talks about the afterlife kingdom of Light
    Oh fair point. Although the Light is (according to the Titan chronicle) what seeded the universe with life to begin with. And conversely the realms of death are called the Shadowlands

I think it would be cool to see a kind of Elemental Warring World. Similar to how we are told Draenor was before Aggramar intervened and how Azeroth was in the past before the Old Gods. Huge armies of Earth Elementals fighting Rock Elementals. Fire, Plant, and Wind Elementals fighting Water Elementals only for the Wind to shift alliances and betray Fire Plant and work with Water to freeze their Plant Life allies and increase the reach of Water.

What?
    10 symbols
    My post is pretty easy to understand if you actually read it
    no need to be coy.
    i understand your shtick on this website is to be overly argumentative and attack others who you think are wrong about opinions on lore but try not to bait people into it on purpose, thank u

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Wouldn't those zones be located in the realm of light?
    yes, I was posting that under the belief that the holy Light has its own afterlife comprised of many different “zones “ that function similar to how the major zones of the Shadowlands function.

7+ Year Old Account
    My post is pretty easy to understand if you actually read it
    no need to be coy.
    i understand your shtick on this website is to be overly argumentative and attack others who you think are wrong about opinions on lore but try not to bait people into it on purpose, thank u

- - - Updated - - -

yes, I was posting that under the belief that the holy Light has its own afterlife comprised of many different “zones “ that function similar to how the major zones of the Shadowlands function.
    As i stated before, this thread has nothing to do with the Afterlife.
    We are not talking about the Shadowlands, that's not the topic of this thread.

Formerly known as Arafal

As i stated before, this thread has nothing to do with the Afterlife.
    We are not talking about the Shadowlands, that's not the topic of this thread.
    so u don’t think the “realms of life “ function as an afterlife ?

7+ Year Old Account
    so u don’t think the “realms of life “ function as an afterlife ?
    No.

Why would it?
    That's literally what the Shadowlands are there for, that's their fundamental function and purpose.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-10-07 at 08:02 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

A realm of a trillion trillion screaming babies.

I mean, this is where life comes from right? If the Shadowlands is meant to effectively consume and maintain anima, wouldn't the lifelands effectively be generating it?

kinda wonder how lifelands is supposed to work though. mortals, fel, void, light, death all like to use souls to extract power from. but how do you make an analogy for that for the lifelands. at first you'd say maybe that's where souls are made, but that doesn't really fit as the source of souls seems to be reality + ofc there is plenty of life without souls.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-10-07 at 08:16 PM.