Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Anndreas remakes announced

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/st...90576896073728

Later this year for PC/Consoles, Next year for lolMobile
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Played the hell out of those, I might well pick up the Switch version if its decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Vice was the best of the series. Everything was so good on it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Remasters not remakes

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think, Rockstar is going for free these reemasters for current people on steam, who got this trilogy original ones. Nah rather 10% discount. But still i'm glad it is happening, even if the vibes will be not the same. Someone speculated, that some controversial stuff will be removed like. "Kill the Haitans" sign in Vice City.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't think, Rockstar is going for free these reemasters for current people on steam, who got this trilogy original ones. Nah rather 10% discount. But still i'm glad it is happening, even if the vibes will be not the same. Someone speculated, that some controversial stuff will be removed like. "Kill the Haitans" sign in Vice City.
    They better not. This game spits on political correctness. Cant wait to 100% these.

'Cause remakes and remasters are more of what we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They better not. This game spits on political correctness. Cant wait to 100% these.
    I actually agree on that, but only toward San Andreas. Because Since GTA IV, they maked series seriously, and Saints Row taken the. "Spiting on political correctness" throne.

They ain't remakes... they'll still be blocky ugly as sin models with spruced up textures, assuming it's not just an emulated port.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I actually agree on that, but only toward San Andreas. Because Since GTA IV, they maked series seriously, and Saints Row taken the. "Spiting on political correctness" throne.
    Ironically GTA IV probably has the most "offensive" main character of all of them.

All the humour is still there in GTA IV though it is just a bit more subtle, they honestly did not change at all. IV has the worst opening sequence of the series and perhaps any game I can remember for a long time so a lot of people are going to miss out on how good it actually is.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I'd much rather a new single player GTA, Bully or LA Noir... or port the Read Dead game(s) that never got a PC release instead

I have this feeling that this is going to be maximum lazy approach. They will give you new resolution options and maybe some upscaled textures, that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I dont care if its a bit of a lazy remake, I loved these games and played the hell out of them when I was younger, they can have my money if I can play them again on ps5 or pc. Honestly, just relicensing all that music would cost Rockstar a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I dont care if its a bit of a lazy remake, I loved these games and played the hell out of them when I was younger, they can have my money if I can play them again on ps5 or pc. Honestly, just relicensing all that music would cost Rockstar a ton.
    GTA 4 comes to mind - they won't relicense them, they will get something else, of debatable quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas have been on Steam since 2011.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas have been on Steam since 2011.
    Not for long... https://support.rockstargames.com/ar...e-for-purchase

Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas not available for purchase
    Created October 8, 2021Updated October 8, 2021

Question: Why can’t I find digital versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for sale?

Answer: With the October 8, 2021 announcement of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher, previous versions and bundles featuring these titles will be removed from console and PC digital retailers as of the week of October 11, 2021.

Players who purchased these titles previously will still be able to download and play them on their respective purchase platforms.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for more information about Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition platforms and release dates.
    I guess that explains why they went so aggressively after modders & fan projects - they don't want their lazy remaster to be outdone by fan mods for 20 year old base versions of the game

I'll take GTA 6 instead...

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd much rather a new single player GTA, Bully or LA Noir... or port the Read Dead game(s) that never got a PC release instead
    Well they are not mutually exclusive ideas.

I think the GTA series is on of the most amazing time capsules in gaming, especially the 3d series. You can step through version to version and appreciate how the game went from a barely functioning idea to an almost living city, and there is still a long way to go

I remember getting the first GTA and I could scarcely believe such an idea was possible lol. I just loved these technological leaps we used to have, now "next gen" seems to be social social social, post it on twitch, blah blah blah players are the content. Miserable. After GTA online I almost don't want to know what is coming next. Bring on the remakes.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Not interested if they haven't dragged the dogshit controls into 2021.

Edit: Also no footage or even screenshots so close to release? Not a great sign.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-10-09 at 06:53 PM.

I'm mostly curious if they still have the rights to play the songs from the games radios. What will it cost to retain the licence?

Also, as the poster above me said: No screenshots at all? I'm sceptical